A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Do some DVD's PLEASE!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
carboncat

PostSubject: Do some DVD's PLEASE!!   Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:01 pm

What we could do with now is some of the old stray cats vintage stuff and old concerts, etc,etc put onto DVD's after all with modern technology and all this digital remastering they could even make a set of DVD's. They could also do some interviews with Brian,Lee,Slim and almost do like a biography on DVD ,theres got to be lots of stuff kicking about, and they could also do some fans stuff. I remember some time ago before we had cable TV, a mate of mine recorded a concert in Germany in the 80's and different ones from over europe.Now I would personally pay good money any day to put something like that into my collection. In fact I would buy anything new and I think lots of other fans would feel the same.
PLEASE TOMMY Have a word Smile cat cat
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stray matt

PostSubject: Re: Do some DVD's PLEASE!!   Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:54 pm

sounds cool man i would buy them to
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diggey

PostSubject: Re: Do some DVD's PLEASE!!   Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:39 pm

I'd buy also. And do a boxset of the old Cats albums, ALL OF THEM.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
El Perro

PostSubject: Re: Do some DVD's PLEASE!!   Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:01 pm

I've seen some clips on YouTube that I think were from that Japanese show that was released on VHS. They were pretty decent. I'd like to see that remastered and released on DVD. I think there's also a Paris show floating around from 80 or 81 that is excelent quality that I'd like to see on DVD. Here's one of the clips:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VAJ2kBP5b3w
Back to top Go down
View user profile
radiationsteve

PostSubject: Re: Do some DVD's PLEASE!!   Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:21 am

I'm with you Cats, that would be awesome.
But i would like to point out that Tommy had a lot of trouble tracking down and getting permission to use all those vintage clips for 'Stray Cat Strut' (the segment on the extras on the 'Rumble in Brixton' dvd. And that was just getting vhs quality! There's nothing to stop Brian, Jim or Lee giving interviews about their time with Stray Cats (that would be a cool bonus!) and putting that on a 'Farewell Cats'dvd.
However, like i said, i think it would be difficult, nearly impossible, and also take years, to compile any rare concerts.
Saying all that, i believe the Rockpalast video, (especially the 1981 one), is of so high picture quality that it is Begging for a dvd release!!!!
I would hope that the Cats would record one of their 'final' tour concerts and maybe have segments of some of the other concert farewells like they did on 'Rumble'. Maybe as the tour is starting in Spain we might see a few professional camera aces about like Tommy. If not then there will be bucket loads of inferior stuff swamping ebay before christmas!

Steve farao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Do some DVD's PLEASE!!   Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi All
That was the place (Rockpalast) that I saw at my mates house years ago it looked awsome,that was on the telly. Great idea about putting all the early stuff into a box collection.The Paris one would be great ,I've got a CD of that concert I got from a record fair in the UK I dont know if its genuine ,but it sounds great.I bought a lot of like bootleg vinyl years ago that at the time I didnt realise was not genuine. It was concerts in Europe,Spain Italy? etc,etc.Like you say there are a lot of bootleggers pirat pirat about so why not the original artists make something out of it instead,after all it would be much better quality and genuine to us, as collectors and fans. I just love finding anything that I have'nt got of the stray cats,but it's getting harder and harder to get hold of stuff. I reckon that if they releasd all the old promotional stuff like clothes and badges and any kind of souveniers they would sell better now than they did first time around because of the selling power of the internet, and fans being able to get access to the bands news through the internet and forums like this one. Ive been a stray cat fan since they began but have found out more about them in the last few years,and whats going on because of the internet than I ever knew.
Take Care
Carbon Cat bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do some DVD's PLEASE!!   

Back to top Go down

Do some DVD's PLEASE!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: CATS DISCUSSION-
Jump to: