A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Aussie Chicks...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Chicks...   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:14 pm

Cristo wrote:
Wow. This has been very... educational!

Strangely, I feel left-out knowing I could sit in a room with some of you, only feet away, and you could carry on a conversation but I wouldn't understand any of it. Gotta love the lingo, and the accent, too!

Onya Cristo! I'd rip into some STUBBIES with ya cause you're a bonza bloke! Then we could have some FRITZ SANGAS, or VEGEMITE, up to you. A PIE FLOATER is another thing we could share. If you're inclined, some BILLIES, but I left that behind 20+ years ago.
Whaddya say?? Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Chicks...   Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:39 pm

"bloody jingo-jango!"

HAHA!

Pete, as long as I can understand when you say "beer" or "brew" or "pork-chop-in-a-can", I think we're OK.

So, do most of the girls from Down Under like to dance, or did I just hit the jackpot??? The one was dressed kinda-sorta rockabilly-like, kinda like she knew what she was doing. The other one didn't do much twistin'. I betcha I looked like a fool out there - my buddies were laughing their asses off, but the one said "No, man, you're doin' good, I can't dance like that!"

I think he just said that to make me feel better about being such a clown, but there's gotta be SOME truth to it. I mean, I was the only one with the guts to get out there. That's something!

Anyway, back to work. Man, what a buzzkill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Chicks...   Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:43 pm

Aussie broads love to dance Cristo. I always had 2 left feet and nothing is changing as I get older.

Pork-chop in-a-can?? Never heard that one. I wonder how some of these sayings become sayings?? Mates always laugh at you, it seems to be the done thing, but you were dancing with them, they weren't (I assume), so more power to you. Anyway after a few drinks the courage soars.

René
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Chicks...   Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:07 pm

Cristo wrote:
"bloody jingo-jango!"

HAHA!

Pete, as long as I can understand when you say "beer" or "brew" or "pork-chop-in-a-can", I think we're OK.

So, do most of the girls from Down Under like to dance, or did I just hit the jackpot??? The one was dressed kinda-sorta rockabilly-like, kinda like she knew what she was doing. The other one didn't do much twistin'. I betcha I looked like a fool out there - my buddies were laughing their asses off, but the one said "No, man, you're doin' good, I can't dance like that!"

I think he just said that to make me feel better about being such a clown, but there's gotta be SOME truth to it. I mean, I was the only one with the guts to get out there. That's something!

Anyway, back to work. Man, what a buzzkill.

Yeah most Aussie sheilas, as the rest of the world, like a dance. Don't worry, if I didn't make a fool of myself I wouldn't have met my wife! And that would've been a bad thing....for her!!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Chicks...   Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:11 pm

pony65k wrote:
Anyway after a few drinks the courage soars.

AND stupidity... ain't THAT the truth!

Man, I always wanted to visit the Oz, too. I think I'd like it there, a lot. Plus, I'm a huge Paul Hogan fan, ever since I was just a wee lad!

"strewth!"

HAHA jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straytatoo

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Chicks...   Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:16 pm

Hey Pete

hoping for a trip soon, if all goes well, it will be short a two weeks waiting to confirm the dates

bring back the 80's yes druggies or cowf.... shirts that kept us warm during the winter

Yeah thats funny those ripples did really scare those Mummys

Keep spreading the humour its great, we might have to provide an 80's Aussie comeback information session to our fellow sc fans cheers Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Chicks...   Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:18 pm

Cristo wrote:
pony65k wrote:
Anyway after a few drinks the courage soars.

AND stupidity... ain't THAT the truth!

Man, I always wanted to visit the Oz, too. I think I'd like it there, a lot. Plus, I'm a huge Paul Hogan fan, ever since I was just a wee lad!

"strewth!"

HAHA jocolor

I don't know if you'll like it here? All we have is sunshine, cold full strength beer, award wining wines, sandy beachs and hot women.

I'd only come for the cultural experience and visit the parks/reserves/museums etc.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Chicks...   Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:21 pm

Hey Steve,
If you're coming back for a visit, let me know. We gotta gig Oct 25 at the Gaslight Tavern, Chief St Brompton, just around the corner from your old stomping grounds. I'll even fire up the GT and go for a cruise, chuck a Hindley and Rundle!!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Chicks...   Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:31 pm

PICKIN' PETE wrote:

I don't know if you'll like it here? All we have is sunshine, cold full strength beer, award wining wines, sandy beachs and hot women.

I'd only come for the cultural experience and visit the parks/reserves/museums etc.

Well, gee, who wants all that crap? Rolling Eyes

Maybe I'll quit my job tomorrow. Pete, know anybody who needs a coolie over there? I'm pretty handy with a shovel and/or rake. Years of experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Chicks...   Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:38 pm

Hey Cristo,
We're sorta in the middle of a building boom, so work is available!!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Chicks...   Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:42 pm

Well, I can't afford a plane ticket, so... better start swimmin'! See ya in about 3 months!

Man, I was totally serious! Mom and Dad would kill me, though. Do ya got any snow Down Under? If not, the deal's off, man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Chicks...   Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:11 pm

Cristo wrote:
Do ya got any snow Down Under? If not, the deal's off, man!

We got snow Cristo. It's supposed to be a ripper (great) season this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Chicks...   

Back to top Go down

Aussie Chicks...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2