The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
finfan

Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show Empty
PostSubject: Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show   Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 3:06 pm

Is there anyone interested in sharing a cab or something with two fans from Finland after the Brixton show?

We are heading towards west Hampstead. Or maybe just to the city where you can still catch a tube after Victoria line closes (thanks btw for that warning on this forum!).
Back to top Go down
FrenchNat

PostSubject: To Dave   Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 2:54 pm

Sorry to hijack this thread, I can't trace the other one about the victoria line closure anymore.

Dave, as you seem to have looked into this, would you know until what time the buses that replace the Brixton tube run at night, and what's the best way to get back to King's Cross after hours?
Thanks!
Nat
Back to top Go down
Aristocat

Aristocat

PostSubject: Re: Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show   Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 3:01 pm

FrenchNat wrote:
Sorry to hijack this thread, I can't trace the other one about the victoria line closure anymore.

Dave, as you seem to have looked into this, would you know until what time the buses that replace the Brixton tube run at night, and what's the best way to get back to King's Cross after hours?
Thanks!
Nat

There's a journey planner tool at this website that will give you details on the best route to take: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

If I remember correctly it was just the Victoria line that wasn't running after 10pm so if you take the Northern line from Stockwell tube station that line goes up to Kings Cross too.

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aristocat30
FrenchNat

PostSubject: Re: Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show   Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 3:04 pm

Hi Aristocat,
Thanks a lot, I'll look into that!
N
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show   Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 3:32 pm

I have just been chatting to Rockin Paul (HDVDL) about this.

Simple solution - walk up to Stockwell (10 minutes max) and catch the tube from there. He has friends who did it for a Billy Idol gig a few weeks back, they had no problems whatsoever.

I am now leaving the car at home (seeing as how the tailgate window has developed amind of its own and pops open by itself) and catching the train.

Last train to my town from Waterloo is after Midnight, so there is time to take this alternative route.

See you all there, i`ll be wearing a black Gretsch T-Shirt, with a Skeleton Drummer on the front....if it is cleaned and ironed by then...

Dave Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show   Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show Empty

Back to top Go down

Once more, travelling from Brixton after the show
Page 1 of 1