The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Best Band since the Stray Cats.......

Go down 
+2
TommyM
Setzer Star
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Setzer Star

The Best Band since the Stray Cats....... Empty
PostSubject: The Best Band since the Stray Cats.......   The Best Band since the Stray Cats....... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 9:45 am

The new generation is here!! Ive just been introduced to a new band and NEVER have I been SOOOOOO in love with a band since the Stray Cats!!! Im a BIG fan of the the stray cats and love all their songs... but now theres another younger band out there called REBEL YELL carrying on the legacy!
Even as i write this im listening to REBEL YELL'S songs which are on their myspace http://www.myspace.com/rockrebelyell

Its time to make way....

But dont worry Stray Cats , ill always love you!!!!
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: The Best Band since the Stray Cats.......   The Best Band since the Stray Cats....... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 9:47 am

Right, them McGown kids is somethin' else!

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Setzer Star

PostSubject: Re: The Best Band since the Stray Cats.......   The Best Band since the Stray Cats....... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:16 am

Arn't they just! My ideal gig would be THE STRAY CATS supported by REBEL YELL..... Now that would be a night to remember!!!
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: The Best Band since the Stray Cats.......   The Best Band since the Stray Cats....... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 11:21 am

Funny how a band that doesn't give The Stray Cats any credit on their MySpace influences, sound an awfully lot like them.

Mad
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: The Best Band since the Stray Cats.......   The Best Band since the Stray Cats....... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 11:27 am

TommyM wrote:
Funny how a band that doesn't give The Stray Cats any credit on their MySpace influences, sound an awfully lot like them.

Mad

Here , here Tommy, I'm gonna havta agree with you !! ANY rockabilly band is gonna be compared to the Cats, why? Cause they ARE the best at what they do! Credit has to go where credit is due, but if it wasn't for these 3 guys, I doubt rockabilly would have been anywhere as good as it is today. There are hundreds/thousands of great player and they all deserve credit, but none have changed the scene or made the impression the Cats have, and most of it before the advent of the net. End of story.
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Banksy

Banksy

PostSubject: Re: The Best Band since the Stray Cats.......   The Best Band since the Stray Cats....... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:34 pm

TommyM wrote:

Mad

I already queried that direct to the band a while back.... and got an embarrassed reply saying "guess we should, really"

Anyway - they look just like an older, uglier version of the amazing Rockabeats to me... lol!

Banksy
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: The Best Band since the Stray Cats.......   The Best Band since the Stray Cats....... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:40 pm

My Scandinavian fav. www.smalltownpimps.com Check-out the song Ron Jeremy in the mp3 section.
Back to top Go down
Setzer Star

PostSubject: Re: The Best Band since the Stray Cats.......   The Best Band since the Stray Cats....... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:59 pm

Banksy wrote:
TommyM wrote:

Mad

I already queried that direct to the band a while back.... and got an embarrassed reply saying "guess we should, really"

Anyway - they look just like an older, uglier version of the amazing Rockabeats to me... lol!

Banksy

Ugly...Rebel Yell? NEVER!
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: The Best Band since the Stray Cats.......   The Best Band since the Stray Cats....... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 2:45 pm

TommyM wrote:

Mad

Agreed! But - since we have so many Aussies on this board - anybody think they sound even more like the Living End in their early days? The singer even sings a bit like Chris Cheney... (Then again, TLE started out as "the Runaway Boys" playing Stray Cats tunes. Full circle...? Wink)

Anders
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/builtforspeedband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Band since the Stray Cats.......   The Best Band since the Stray Cats....... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Best Band since the Stray Cats.......
Page 1 of 1