The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys"

Go down 
+2
brett
BluesSinger212
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BluesSinger212

BluesSinger212

One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys" Empty
PostSubject: One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys"   One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys" EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 12:45 am

I didn't know where to post this, but this has been buggin' me since the track was released on the website: Does "One More Night With You" (off of "Wolfgang's Big Night Out") mark the first time Brian has used a wha-wha pedal? I was - and STILL am - blown away by that song and I think Brian should do it a bit more often. It gave that song an interesting sound...almost like '70's cop show towards the end. I LOVE it!! It's one of my favorite Setzer/ANY songs of ALL time.

Wink

Last edited by BluesSinger212 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

PostSubject: Re: One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys"   One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys" EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 3:56 am

No, there`s one song of an earlier BSO album he used a wha-wha.
but i`ll have to check for title and album later... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
Michael69

PostSubject: Re: One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys"   One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys" EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 4:15 am

Check out Brian's instructional DVD. There he uses a Wah-Wah in "Rock this town".
Back to top Go down
radiationsteve

radiationsteve

PostSubject: Re: One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys"   One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys" EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 6:19 am

Also on the Wolfgang album the song with the most wha-wha is 'Take a break guys' - that's the tune that reminds me of the 1970's. Shame the rest of the song is 'God rest ye merry gentlemen' because the song would stand up on it's own as an instrumental blues number.

Steve farao
Back to top Go down
brent

brent

PostSubject: Re: One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys"   One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys" EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 9:00 am

He uses one on "Can't Go Back To Memphis" which I believe was Choo Choo Hot Fish.
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca
BluesSinger212

BluesSinger212

PostSubject: Re: One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys"   One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys" EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 1:58 pm

radiationsteve wrote:
Also on the Wolfgang album the song with the most wha-wha is 'Take a break guys' - that's the tune that reminds me of the 1970's. Shame the rest of the song is 'God rest ye merry gentlemen' because the song would stand up on it's own as an instrumental blues number.

Steve farao

D'OH!!!! That's the one I meant. I cannot believe that I did that. Man, I feel dumb. It actually doesn't bother me that the song is basically a X-Mas song - I crank it up everytime! I feel that the song is awesome enough to justify listening to it year-round, should anyone say anything, lol.

Mad
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

PostSubject: Re: One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys"   One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys" EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 2:29 pm

BluesSinger212 wrote:
I didn't know where to post this, but this has been buggin' me since the track was released on the website: Does "One More Night With You" (off of "Wolfgang's Big Night Out") mark the first time Brian has used a wha-wha pedal?
Wink

"The man with the magic touch" Suspect (Guitar slinger)

the beginning of the guitar solo starts with the wah-wah effect.

"take a break guys" is one of my favotites of Wolfgang.
Not a typical BS Guitar, but it rocks...and yes, it sounds a little 70`s... Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

PostSubject: Re: One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys"   One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys" EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 4:06 pm

That track from the Choo Choo album,was fantastic.
That is one of my favorite tracks.
Think its gonna be a great summer for us all!

Enjoy it................I will.

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
BluesSinger212

BluesSinger212

PostSubject: Re: One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys"   One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys" EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 6:40 pm

brett wrote:

"The man with the magic touch" Suspect (Guitar slinger)

the beginning of the guitar solo starts with the wah-wah effect.

"take a break guys" is one of my favotites of Wolfgang.
Not a typical BS Guitar, but it rocks...and yes, it sounds a little 70`s... Cool

You know, I completely forgot about that song? I have to admit, it's not one of my favs and I usually skip that track - that's why it didn't register to me, lol. I guess "Choo-Choo Hot-Fish" is gonna have to be my next purchase.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys"   One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys" Empty

Back to top Go down

One More Night With You...I Mean "Take A Break Guys"
Page 1 of 1