The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shake rattle n roll

Go down 
+7
Budgie
brucie68
TommyM
Banksy
rockabilly guy
Faith
EskimoPie
11 posters
AuthorMessage
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

Shake rattle n roll Empty
PostSubject: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:16 am

Hope you all in the UK, Scotland, and Wales did not fall out of bed too hard with the 4.7 earthquake. I love me some earthquakes here in AK, but I know in other parts of the world a 4.7 isn't a joke. Seriously, hope all is well!
Back to top Go down
Faith

Faith

PostSubject: There was a rumble in Boston last night!   Shake rattle n roll EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 5:57 am

Hey thanks for the note EP. I was just drifting off to sleep when the earthquake started. Very odd experience with everything in my room shaking and rattling. They are saying it was 5.2 on the news reports this morning and the epicentre was in Lincolnshire where I live. We're all fine though, I don't think there are any reports of people being seriously injured. It's the biggest earthquake we've had in UK for 25 years. It must be really scary being stuck in the middle of a serious quake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.RocknRollEmbassy.com
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 6:02 am

Yeah,there has been some damage,but only slight.It's now been reported as 5.2.
Seems like pretty much the whole country felt it.
The wife was just coming to bed when it happened,I just heard the radiator rattle,thought it was the central heating rumbling,then went back to sleep.But she felt 2 tremors and lay awake for ages after worrying....Bless!
Cheers
Steve
Shakin' All Over Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabilly81
Banksy

Banksy

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 6:07 am

Hi Faith!

Faith wrote:
Hey thanks for the note EP. I was just drifting off to sleep when the earthquake started. Very odd experience with everything in my room shaking and rattling. They are saying it was 5.2 on the news reports this morning and the epicentre was in Lincolnshire where I live. We're all fine though, I don't think there are any reports of people being seriously injured. It's the biggest earthquake we've had in UK for 25 years. It must be really scary being stuck in the middle of a serious quake.

....they should use that in the Stray Cats press release for the forthcoming tour!!!!!!

Keep well!

Banksy

PS Eskimo Pie, last time I looked, Wales & Scotland were IN the UK!
Back to top Go down
Faith

Faith

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 6:29 am

Hey ya Banksy!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.RocknRollEmbassy.com
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 6:50 am

I was just listening to that idiot George Lamb on BBC6 Music and he mentioned an earthquake. I thought it was one of his naff "jokes". Hope all is ok over there. Perhaps it's just an appetizer to the musical earthquake that's gonna vibrate the landscape in September!

Best to all of our UK mates,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
brucie68

brucie68

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 7:20 am

My house shook for a couple of seconds here in Manchester and the wife woke up and blamed it on my snoring! Shocked
The Academy will be shaking when the Cats hit town. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brucie68
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 7:24 am

Banksy wrote:
....they should use that in the Stray Cats press release for the forthcoming tour!!!!!!

Hmmmmmm... Maybe the Cats DO know something with this "Farewell" to Europe tour...?

Jerry Lee Budgie
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:42 pm

I kind of like to think of Scotland as separate to the UK, but that's just my nationalist leanings Laughing Keep in mind I live in AK, which is like being separate from the States! My first thought was that the quake happened when the tour dates were announced - you can't buy advertising like that! Cheers...
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:51 pm

Hope all affected by the earthquake are doing OK.
Back to top Go down
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Sadly the earth did not move for me! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 4:55 pm

Laura wrote:
Sadly the earth did not move for me! Laughing

Well, me either... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: 5.2 on the Richter scale   Shake rattle n roll EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 6:50 pm

It was a bit of a trembler. I can't believe that, because of THIS very forum, I was prompted to watch the Lorelei Video (yes VHS Video - help me get it to DVD someone please?). I literally, just put my glass of twelve years old Glenlivet to my mouth when my chair rumbled (right in the middle of 'Lonely Summer Nights')i tell ya, Mel Collins never rocked me like that before - lol.

There's a Rumble In the UK Tonight (12.58am)

Mike 'The Rock' Collins
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 11:30 am

Having lived a good portion of my life in California, I can tell you that anything under a 5.0-5.5 is just a free amusement park ride.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 6:26 pm

[quote]I was prompted to watch the Lorelei Video (yes VHS Video - help me get it to DVD someone please?).

Hey Mikey,here's the deal.Go to Currys or wherever,buy a DVD Recorder/VHS Combo.Unwrap as carefully as possible,record all yer videos to DVD(remembering to finalise the discs).Then simply take it back,say it doesn't fit in your cabinet or whatever and get an exchange.You won't get a refund as the box is opened,but I got an exchange minus 20%.So,it cost me £40 to copy a shed load of rare stuff onto DVD.Bargain! Laughing
I didn't intend to do this,but the box REALLY didn't fit into my cabinet.The beauty of my tale is that whilst looking round how to spend the £160 in said electrical store,I bumped into our best friends who were buying a TV.Hence it was agreed they gave us the cash and the store took £160 off the price of their telly.What a result that was!
Cheers
Honest Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabilly81
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 6:55 pm

[quote="rockabilly guy"]
Quote :
I was prompted to watch the Lorelei Video (yes VHS Video - help me get it to DVD someone please?).

Hey Mikey,here's the deal.Go to Currys or wherever,buy a DVD Recorder/VHS Combo.Unwrap as carefully as possible,record all yer videos to DVD(remembering to finalise the discs).Then simply take it back,say it doesn't fit in your cabinet or whatever and get an exchange.You won't get a refund as the box is opened,but I got an exchange minus 20%.So,it cost me £40 to copy a shed load of rare stuff onto DVD.Bargain! Laughing
I didn't intend to do this,but the box REALLY didn't fit into my cabinet.The beauty of my tale is that whilst looking round how to spend the £160 in said electrical store,I bumped into our best friends who were buying a TV.Hence it was agreed they gave us the cash and the store took £160 off the price of their telly.What a result that was!
Cheers
Honest Steve

Hey Honest Steve!

Thanks a lot. I'm thinking of a new van for my firm... Any scams? Lol Mx
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shake rattle n roll   Shake rattle n roll Empty

Back to top Go down

Shake rattle n roll
Page 1 of 1