The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FAVOURITE SETZER SONG

Go down 
+28
jaybird
bobbycrazy
Streetband
ROCKINLAGER
jshea
Hellvis
The Hatter
Scatman
maybelline
Ponczek007
bogusbill
webelvis
FrenchyCat
Patrick
coonman
katie11189
sidelakebob
Pete C
Amity
Kiki
Gloria
briansbeagle
wee mark
stray matt
Kid Setzer
AussieSam
Rockabilly Ross
PICKIN' PETE
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scatman

Scatman

FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 3:26 pm

Rock This Town has got to be it, as that's what I fist heard in 1981,
but the song that always puts a smile on my face is Baby Blue Eyes,
as they always used to start off their shows with that song.......
a great sign of things to come, a great way to kick off a show..........
Back to top Go down
The Hatter

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Favourite song would currently have to "Somethings wrong with my radio" for sheer raw energi. I also never get tired of 5years 4months 3 days.

When I play BSO my kids (10 and 12) go round the house singing "This cats on a hot tin roof. Drinking that wiskey 96 proof"
Back to top Go down
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 6:13 pm

Impossible to pick just one. Or 5. Or 10.
But another "obscure" song I absolutely love and will always make my top 10 is Crawl Up And Die.
Back to top Go down
jshea

jshea

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 1:23 am

As far as Setzer-penned, I'm gonna have to go with "Look At That Cadillac" on this one right now. Imagine that one backed by the BSO. Of course that's closely followed by "Radiation Ranch". That's my favorite Setzer riff ever. I remember (or at least have convinced myself I remember) seeing Brian play that on the old Letterman show and just being totally blown away.

If we're talking Setzer/Cats recorded, probably gotta agree on Baby Blue Eyes. I saw the Cats open for SRV in '89. They came out, Brian walked up to the mic and said "This is a song I wrote about my dog" and launched into it. Been my favorite Cats recorded-songs ever since.

Shea
Back to top Go down
http://www.jsheastanley.com
ROCKINLAGER

ROCKINLAGER

PostSubject: Song   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:56 am

Gotta Love 'Broken Man' and the killer Banjo
Back to top Go down
Streetband

Streetband

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 8:53 am

Rock this town, 100%!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gilnicoletti
bobbycrazy

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 9:01 am

Too Hip Gotta Go !!! rumble in brighton!!!!!!dirty boogie!!! !!!fiuuuuu!!it s strong this question!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bobbystreet
jaybird

jaybird

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 11:57 am

I've always loved My One Desire, can't believe it was a b side. As for Setzer penned songs there's a couple.... Lust N Love, My Heart Is a Liar & 8 Track makes the hairs on my neck go up, that yodeling section is something else, & amazing finger picking in the lead break Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/jay
SINGERSOCIETY

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 11:19 pm

haven't found one I did not like lov em all so sorry very difficult to say that one his voice just keeps drawing me back bounce Sleep study
Back to top Go down
crazycatlady

crazycatlady

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 2:51 am

Kiki wrote:
It is virtually impossible to single out just one song, or just one CD for that matter. They span such a long period of time (sorry Brian, I'm not saying that you are old - I'm older...), and each have such distinct and different "personalities." They speak to me in different ways depending on my particular mood. One CD that I always enjoy is Ignition, but then I like certain things about all of the CDs. Oh, I don't know...now I'm getting confused...

I completely agree with Kiki! It's hard to pick one favorite. It depends on what I'm in the mood for.

I do have to say that I love EVERY version of Rock this Town.

Pickin Pete - tell your daughter I like his Christmas songs too! rendeer

cat
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 3:03 am

Yeah!
Hard to pick one maybe a top 50 list.. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:20 am

Simple.
Rock This Town is my fave record of all time...by anyone.

Cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabilly81
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:25 am

JayBird, you named one of my top two favorites, My One Desire! I too have a soft spot for My Heart is a Liar. Good call! It's hard to pick a favorite - the songs stand on their own. I mean, my heart jumpstarts with Something's Wrong W/my Radio; the signature opening to Rock This Town (and all its great incarnations!); certain licks that came straight from the Radiation Ranch are just mind-blowing; and Scatman was right about hearing a show open with "Baby Blue Eyes." The smile starts and just never stops. And don't get me started on the rockin banjo stuff. Very Happy

My #1 all-time favorite song though is Sexy & Seventeen.... gets me every time, always has, always will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAVOURITE SETZER SONG
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2