The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Got Dublin tickets

Go down 
+6
wee mark
sidelakebob
johnnyb
FDR8
EskimoPie
rockabilly guy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:29 am

I am one happy old rocker this morning.Got my tickets for Dublin straight away.Well chuffed.I've been told it's a very intimate venue.Anyone out there know the capacity?Advice on places to stay also would be appreciated.Never been to the fair city before.
Steve
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabilly81
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:39 am

It does look like a fabulous venue - looks like capacity is 1000-1500 dependant on set-up. You can get their specs etc. at www.vicarstreet.com . Looks like the perfect place for a Stray Cats show, actually. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:46 am

Righto,
my mate who is in the music business told me a lot of artists do acoustic sets there it's so small.Any surprises in store Tommy?Can't see it myself,but you never know.
Apparently Bob Dylan tickets were going for £1000 when he played!Oh well,each to their own Wink

Cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
FDR8

FDR8

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 8:29 am

Wooohooo bounce bounce bounce

Got my Dublin tickets today Very Happy

Me too - also needing advice on where best to stay in Dublin scratch

Anyone have any ideas .... ?
Back to top Go down
johnnyb

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re; Got Dublin Tickets.   Got Dublin tickets EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 9:51 am

Also got tickets for Dublin, but I live in Ireland!! Been to Vicar Street six times, the best concert venue i've ever seen! It holds maybe about 500 people, the ultimate intimate gig. Seen Setzer 68 CBS in Vicar Street not to mention met him on the streets of Dublin, walked around town with him for about 20 minutes and got a few guitar picks and of course autograph. If you want fairly cheap but nice hotels in Dublin try "Harcourt Street". Just Google this and it will give all the hotels in that street. You'll be in the city centre and a 10 minute taxi ride to the gig. Hope this helps!! JOHN.
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 3:38 pm

Thanks for the hotel tip Johnnyb
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 7:04 pm

Thanks for the info johnnyb

Excited already
Steve
Manchester tickets tomorrow as well cheers
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 3:10 pm

I was gonna try to sherch for the nearest decent place to stay,A Huge group of Cat fans take over Dublin Hotel!
You could see the head lines now!

Just purr-fect cat

Have to book my tickets

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
cosbird

cosbird

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:35 pm

hi everyone, a newbie to the forum so just a quick hello to all you rockers...now on to more serious matters,the Strays and dublin..its great to see so many of you making your way to dublin for the gig, was looking at the tour dates and it seems to be the last night of the european leg so its gonna be some party, if you havn't got a ticket i'd get one soon 'cos as soon as word gets around i've a feeling there going to sell out pretty soon....
if your looking for a good place to stay, Jury's Inn in Christchurch is cheap enough and is pretty much central to the city centre and the venue, any other info you need on dublin don't hesitate to ask
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cosbird
DEXTER

DEXTER

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 10:21 am

Hiya Cosbird, great to see another paddy on the forum, got my tickets today, how excited am I!!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
cosbird

cosbird

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 11:50 am

sure you know us irish dexter, we'll eventually take over the world king

have a feeling the dublin gig is going to be quite an experience, only one problem its not till september, theres a long summer ahead....
Back to top Go down
bazilman

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi Guys. Although we are based in Bristol, England, we have secured tickets to see the Cats in Dublin. Its an easy and cheap flight with ryan air from Bristol so we are gonna make a weekend of it. How cool is that ? Couple of questions if you can help please ?

1. How far from Dublin Airport to the venue ?
2. Need a hotel somewhere within the area between airport and venue to cut down on taxi fares, but we also want to be "amongst the action" - any ideas ?
3. Anyone know of any Rockin' venues on the Friday or Saturday prior to the gig as it would be great to catch another band(s) whilst we are there ;-) ?
4. Any one of good eatin' places around that area ?

Thanks for your help - much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi Cosman,Have you a link for that Jury's hotel in Dublin? How far is it to walk to the venue from there?

Last night of the tour,gonna be wild,mentle and hot! bounce

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 9:35 am

bazilman wrote:
Hi Guys. Although we are based in Bristol, England, we have secured tickets to see the Cats in Dublin. Its an easy and cheap flight with ryan air from Bristol so we are gonna make a weekend of it. How cool is that ? Couple of questions if you can help please ?

1. How far from Dublin Airport to the venue ?
2. Need a hotel somewhere within the area between airport and venue to cut down on taxi fares, but we also want to be "amongst the action" - any ideas ?
3. Anyone know of any Rockin' venues on the Friday or Saturday prior to the gig as it would be great to catch another band(s) whilst we are there ;-) ?
4. Any one of good eatin' places around that area ?

Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Hi Brasilman

Would love to help you out but Im not from Dublin meself, live the other end of the country, but would love to find out the answer to a couple of those questions too, Hey Cosman, you a Dub?? fill us in on the craic!!! what about the Voodoo lounge, anything happening there?? there's also a woman called Oonagh who runs a few sock hops now and then, never been to them but I here they're great fun!!
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 9:37 am

Sorry, two apologeesss, Sorry BraZilman and CosBIRD!!! Doooh!
Back to top Go down
cosbird

cosbird

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 3:27 pm

first off dexter i'll forgive you, had a double check and have to say am most definately a "bird"

now lets see if i can help some off you out with some info on dublin, am a dublin girl born and bred but live out in the sticks now, not too far though so that i don't know whats happening..

if you check out the following link it'll gives you some info on the hotel thats pretty much central too all the action, if you click on the map area you'll see where the hotel is, the venue is on a street called Thomas St and all the bars etc can be found around Grafton St, so you'll see it really is pretty handy

www.centralr.com/Jurys_Inn_Christchurch.html

ok thats accomadation now the next order of business, getting there...the airport is a bit away, you can get a taxi but'll cost a fortune, try and get a bus from the airport to city centre and then a taxi there, or you could walk its not too far from the main street...

entertainment and food while your waiting till sunday night, well if you stay around the temple bar, grafton st area you can't go wrong, theres pretty much everything there, ask anyone and they'll tell you how to get there

as for seeing some good bands and stuff, well obviously the best thing would be to find out where the cats are staying and get a good jamming session going, that might involve a legendery irish pub crawl which considering how many pubs and hotels are in central dublin might take a while...be sure to bring the painkillers for the next morn...seriously though your better waiting till nearer the time too see whose playing, there are some great places to go

one major thing to remember though...dublin is VERY expensive everything and i mean everything costs a fortune so start saving now

anything else i can help with just holler and we'll see what i can do
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 8:33 am

Hiya Cosbird

Sorry again!!!! That is most comprehensive information! Thanks a million, big time on the jam and a big oul session, you for any of the other gigs? A couple of muckers and me are doin the England and Scotland gigs, its gonna be a bit special!!!!
Back to top Go down
bazilman

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 pm

Hi Cosbird and thanks for your reply. That info sure is a great help. Still waiting for my tickets though so I will be on the phone in the morning to find out where they are as it seems like some people already have theirs.
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:53 pm

Thanks Cosbird.
Never been to Ireland before. Must say,very excited to go there.

Mark.
Back to top Go down
stray matt

stray matt

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 8:15 pm

wee mark wrote:
Thanks Cosbird.
Never been to Ireland before. Must say,very excited to go there.

Mark.

hey mark do you actually have your tickets for glasgow yet
because I have bought and paid for mine but they have not posted
them out to me yet ?
Back to top Go down
cosbird

cosbird

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:36 am

DEXTER wrote:
Hiya Cosbird

Sorry again!!!! That is most comprehensive information! Thanks a million, big time on the jam and a big oul session, you for any of the other gigs? A couple of muckers and me are doin the England and Scotland gigs, its gonna be a bit special!!!!

glad to be off service...as for going to gigs in england and scotland if you had of asked me that 7 years ago before the "kidabillys" and a mortgage came along that would have been a most definate YES....after all isn't that what credit cards are invented for...still going to make the most of the dublin one though getting kids minded early in the day and heading into town for the day and night....can't wait

any more info needed just ask
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 6:38 am

Thanks for all the info guys and gals.
We've booked in at the Bewleys Hotel in Ballsbridge(friends stayed there before),and flights booked.Can't fu*kin wait for the greatest show on earth! king

Cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:23 pm

cosbird wrote:
DEXTER wrote:
Hiya Cosbird

glad to be off service...as for going to gigs in england and scotland if you had of asked me that 7 years ago before the "kidabillys" and a mortgage came along that would have been a most definate YES....after all isn't that what credit cards are invented for...still going to make the most of the dublin one though getting kids minded early in the day and heading into town for the day and night....can't wait

any more info needed just ask

Know exactly what you mean, but I can tell you there's an end to it! Mine are 19 and 16 and fairly independent of their Dad, which is good and bad!! So Ive got a free week to go back to being a 16 year old and I fully intend to do that! So Im going down from Derry on the Sunday afternoon and back on the Monday, and a large bit of fun is expected!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got Dublin tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dublin tickets   Got Dublin tickets Empty

Back to top Go down

Got Dublin tickets
Page 1 of 1