The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO?

Go down 
+19
Daddy-O
Toddorado
ArtVandelay
NJ_Stray_Cat
LBD
Rockabilly Ross
Mikey
Hotrodtodd
TommyM
rickabilly
The G-Man
Jpequa NY
sidelakebob
Rockin' Johnny
brett
rg9l@libero.it
webelvis
Mike
PICKIN' PETE
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO?   WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Im sure theres tons near me living in Cali but I havent heard of any of em, so I'm gonna have to go with Brian Setzer because I hear he lives in Miami, CA. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ledzeppelin92
Toddorado

PostSubject: Re: WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO?   WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 4:49 am

TommyM wrote:
Great thread.

2 guys come to mind immediately.

Tommy Conwell & Joe Gallo.

Loads of Philly talent, but those cats are at the top of the heap! Joao Erbetta would be on there if he moved here from D.C.

-Tommy

Tommy Conwell absolutely rocks. What an underestimated talent and phenomenal guitar player. I bought Rumble back in '88 and still have the CD in mint condition to this day. Discovered the Little Kings about 6 months ago - what a treat!
Back to top Go down
Toddorado

PostSubject: Re: WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO?   WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 4:52 am

Here in Colorado Springs we have a kid who plays the blues by the name of Jake Loggins. If he only plugged a couple of rockabilly songs into his set, he'd be tops. Comparable to Joe Bonamassa, another prodigy.

www.thejakelogginsband.com
Back to top Go down
Daddy-O

PostSubject: Re: WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO?   WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:39 pm

Brian Setzer Of Course!
For Two Reasons.
Reason One:
I grew up 15 Minutes away from him and:
Reason Two:
When I was young back in 1978 or 1979 I used to own a P.A Rental company, and I did the Sound for the Stray Cats a for a few gigs just before they went to England. I also did the sound for Brian's Brothers Band at that time, the were called the Roustabouts, and Brian would always show up at their shows in and around Massapequa & Long Island. Those are really great memories, seeing Brian go from just someone hanging out in the crowd, to becoming the Superstar Guitar Player we all wish we could be!

Keep on Rockin'

Daddy-O
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO?   WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:47 am

After Brian I'd have to say Ricki Wood from The Voodoo Kreepers. Okay so they aren't quite local, but someone has to stick up for the New Zealanders Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Flattop Rob

Flattop Rob

PostSubject: Re: WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO?   WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 1:58 pm

Here's a local guitar-hero guy I admire for his skill....Del Clark. His rockabilly band is called "The Rhythmatics", and he's quite the wizard with the Gretsch...and he's also a super-nice guy, easy to talk to, and willing to impart his knowledge of guitar skillery (!?) to fledgling gitpickers like myself...

Here's a shot of his '55 Country Club...
WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO? - Page 2 1955CountryClub

And here's a shortened video of a concert they headlined about 2 weeks ago, playing "Built for Speed" (excuse the quality...it was taken with a digital camera...)
WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO? - Page 2 Th_BuiltforSpeed_CUT-2

Enjoy!
Rob
Back to top Go down
noelweller

PostSubject: Re: WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO?   WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 8:11 pm

Gotta Love Matt Hole, From Matt Hole and The Hot Rod Gang.
Back to top Go down
winston

winston

PostSubject: Re: WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO?   WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 11:02 pm

jinx jones back when he lived in denver but now you folks in san fran get to hear him all the time.
also denver heroes:
kenny vaughan who now plays with marty stuart's superlatives
and my teacher, jeff froyd from the young weasels !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO?   WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHO'S YOUR LOCAL GUITAR HERO?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2