A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cosbird

PostSubject: Re: US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE   Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Guest wrote:
There will be no tour of the states, because the band is asking for too much $$$.

I will not disclose the figure, but it is totally out of line.

Sorry guys, I want this as bad as anybody, but I doubt it will happen.

We have our memories to hold onto, right?.....

always amazed how the people who post this kind of info post anon scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/cosbird

PostSubject: Re: US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE   Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:59 pm

This isn't a creative rumour, but fact. If there wasn't any truth to it, why would I get banned without warning?

For the record, I help a promotor with Live Nation/Clearchannel and the asking price is too high for anyone to consider it.
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE   Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:26 pm

with all due respect, sounds more like an opinion to me... rather than a "truth"
Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE   Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:07 pm

Chillicat wrote:
with all due respect, sounds more like an opinion to me... rather than a "truth"
Question

I don't even think it counts as an opinion, If Tommy says that it isn't true, I've got to trust that it isn't true. After all he is the direct line to Mr. Setzer himself....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TommyM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE   Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:40 pm

stoneknuckle wrote:
For the record, I help a promotor with Live Nation/Clearchannel and the asking price is too high for anyone to consider it.

I deleted you because you're full of sh*t. What are you saying? I'm supposed to "warn" people who post nonsense on a forum that's connected to an official website? Fact #1: NOBODY representing the Cats has been in touch with Live Nation/Clear Channel. Period. Fact #2: Liars and troublemakers will not exist here.

Good night,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tommymaguire.com
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE   Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:38 pm

OOOOO WEE ! Get em Tommy~ =)~ I heard THAT ! BTW VOTE SETZER !!!!( GUITAR WORLD )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Budgie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE   Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:38 pm

TommyM wrote:
Fact #2: Liars and troublemakers will not exist here.

Fine... I will leave. But my cousin's neighbor's ob-gyn takes a yoga class with a girl who grew up with Madonna's hairdresser's gardner.... so it's a fact the Stray Cats aren't tourning the USA because The Brian cancelled a show last December because little boy blew the man in the moon. Or was that Little Boy Blue AND the Man in the Moon?? When is the Brian coming back to the Island, son I don't know when... but we'll get together then... you know we'll have a good time then.

Budgie Chapin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE   Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:52 pm

LMAO ! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
El Perro

PostSubject: Re: US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE   Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:50 pm

Stray Cat Lover wrote:
I COULD NOT agree with you any more Ross. You are 200% Correct, the promoters in US are totally only interested in Trash , like Rap and Hip Hop. SO FRIGGIN SAD ! Thats all It boils down to , Im sure they wouldnt have a prob playing in the US. Its the lame a$$ promoters HERE ! That wanna see Kanye West, and anyone else who makes trash and calls it music. I swear my 10 yr old son could make a song and hed get a record deal ! That is half the REASON that we need the Cats to come here =(``` We are STARVING for some real music over here ! I dont know about anybody else , but Ive just had enough of this Puffy Combs crap, Kanye West , Missy Eliot and anyone else I missed crap that they have the nerve to call music these days I would really like to hear some of what I know to be MUSIC . But It doesnt look like Im gonna get my wish this year. =(```

Look, I decry much of the music scene here in the US as much as the next guy. But I'm not blaming the promoters. The bottom line is that these guys are businesspeople. They're not evangelicals for one form of music over another. They have to make their decisions on what and what not to present in light of the potential for turning a profit. Period. The reason that promoters want to deal with Kanye West and not Stray Cats is that Kanye has millions of fans in the US, can sell tons of tickets at $50-200 a pop and then sell tons of merch at shows. You can't blame the promoters for that. If anyone is to blame, its the pedestrian tastes of the American Public. Pure and Simple. Arts and Entertainment is one of the most democratic institutions in the world. There are hundreds of artists, thousands of recordings, movies etc. to chose from. The entertainment industry just gives the people what they ask for. The fact that many people out there prefer McDonalds to Caviar is just a fact of life that we all have to get used to. If you donít like the music you hear on your radio, TV and local concert halls, donít blame the industry, blame your neighbors.

BTW, there is plenty of good music being played in the US. You just have to be more dilligent about seeking out the good stuff, instead of passively waiting for it to show up on commercial radio and tv. It's only March and already there are a number of tours announced that I'm looking forward to. But for the most part, they will be visiting clubs and theaters, not arenas, sheds and stadiums. My problem isn't finding good shows I want to see, it's narrowing down the choices based on my available funds and time. Here's my Wish List of summer concerts so far: Apocalyptica, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Buckethead, Disturbed, Dream Theater, Foo Fighters, King Crimson, Liquid Tension Experiment, Mars Volta, Return To Forever, Reverend Horton Heat, Rush, Zappa Plays Zappa, I'm sure there are plenty more, but that just what I've heard about so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE   Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:32 pm

Hmmmmmmm.... You know, You are right. . NOW THAT makes sense! TRUE TRUE! very true but, I still think that missy Eliot and Kanye crap, rap & hip hop stuff ISNT MUSIC!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE   Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:29 pm

[quote="Guest"]There will be no tour of the states, because the band is asking for too much $$$.

No, the "real" reason for the farewell tour is because Brian Setzer has a debt to pay. In exchange for raising Rockabilly from the depths of the bottom of the Billboard charts and keeping the Stray Cats going for 30 years, he owes 100 years (a lifetime) of service aboard the Flying Dutchman.

Seriously, though, this is one great website. How many other major artists' websites/forums are updated daily with tons of information, include rare and unreleased tracks playing for free, listen to suggestions posed by participants/fans, and giveaway free collectible stuff? The answer, not any that I know of. So why don't we all show a little more respect for the good work that this site puts out, and stay away from "unfounded rumors" and "anonymous sources"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE   Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:22 pm

Davy Jones wrote:

Seriously, though, this is one great website. How many other major artists' websites/forums are updated daily with tons of information, include rare and unreleased tracks playing for free, listen to suggestions posed by participants/fans, and giveaway free collectible stuff? The answer, not any that I know of. So why don't we all show a little more respect for the good work that this site puts out, and stay away from "unfounded rumors" and "anonymous sources"?

Arrrrgh me hearty, I be aggreein' with yer pirat

Kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE   

Back to top Go down

US TOUR? A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD BE NICE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2