The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!

Go down 
+4
webelvis
EskimoPie
Vinny
TommyM
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! Empty
PostSubject: You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!   You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 6:14 pm

Catmen and Catwomen,
Have you treated your ears to the SETZER.COM MUSIC PLAYER this week? I gotta tell you....even *I* am knocked out by it. The live version of "Built For Speed" from the (original) Ritz in NYC is AMAZING! The Cats insert "Hot Rod Lincoln" into the middle of it and it's as cool to hear now was it was that night in October 1988. I was there that night and remember that during that tune, Joey Ramone walked by me smiling ear-to-ear on his way back to his reserved table in the bacony. Next to his table, the Hell's Angels were seated, not too far from them the band "14 Karat Soul" were all hoppin' and boppin' to the reformed Stray Cats. What a night.

Go fire up the SETZER.COM MUSIC PLAYER if you've not heard it this week. If you have, listen again!

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Vinny

Vinny

PostSubject: Re: You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!   You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 8:55 pm

Excellent job Tommy. I almost fell off of my chair when I heard the cats break into Hot Rod Lincoln. Its also nice to hear Brian's take on Nancy Sinatra.
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Memory Lane at the old Ritz!   You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:58 am

Tommy and I were at that same amazing, roof-raising show in 1989. Outside the Ritz, Joey Ramone said, "I just love this guy, he's one of my favorite musicians!" and was really excited for the show. I know he's in rockabilly punk heaven right now. Gabba gabba hey, Brian! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!   You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 6:18 am

EskimoPie wrote:
that same amazing, roof-raising show in 1989

Sorry Buffy, it was 18 October 1988. Recorded for King Biscuit Flower Hour, aired 5 January 1989. A glitch prevented the "Hot Rod Lincoln" section of "Built For Speed" from being broadcast in many markets.

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!   You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 7:45 am

Agreat choice of Songs, I really love nine lives, that's such a cool song!
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!   You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:23 am

Too many memories, not enough room....
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!   You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:38 am

The Cats did play at the Old New Ritz again in May of '89... they all just seem to be combing into one long show... LOL!!!

Older than dirt, but still younger than Bath-Ann,
Budge
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!   You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 12:08 pm

You are correct, sir - '88 and '89 were good years! One very long wonderful road trip, it feels like now. Loved the old Ritz.

ps- fast approaching 40! like a freight train!
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!   You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 12:56 pm

EskimoPie wrote:
You are correct, sir - '88 and '89 were good years! One very long wonderful road trip, it feels like now. Loved the old Ritz.

ps- fast approaching 40! like a freight train!
Or a runaway train! (and I am careening right along with ya on it, darlin'!)

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!   You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 5:19 pm

...and life's never been better! All you young'uns afeared of forty: -- nah, I won't tell you how much fun it is. You just have to wait and see. "Careening" is the perfect rockin' word. pirat and Thank God we have Tommy to remember concert dates for us Wink
Back to top Go down
StanTheMan

StanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!   You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 6:27 am

So Buffy, are originally from NY?

You're a long way from home hon. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/synagogue327
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!   You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 5:53 pm

"Who said Wild Saxophone. Do you see a saxophone up here. What the hell is wrong with you..."...

I guess Jim was not warming to the crowd that day !!!!

Love it !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!   You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week! Empty

Back to top Go down

You Cats' Fans Gotta Love the MP This Week!
Page 1 of 1