The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?

Go down 
+10
Scatman
sidelakebob
WildCat
EskimoPie
Budgie
Chillicat
tappenfeat
Gloria
rickabilly
El Perro
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
El Perro

El Perro

Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 10:21 pm

I'm moving to New Mexico as soon as I can sell my house, which may be next week or sometime in 2015. But if I'm in NM by June, I'll be heading up to this festival for sure. Anyone else who plans to be there should meet me at the Woody Creek Tavern where we can knock back a few Wild Turkey's in honor of a great American, Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 9:58 am

Holy Skamoly! A BSO show in Colorado in the middle of summer! The first "open-to-the-public-non-Christmas-show" in ages!

Woooo-Hooooo!

Time to get my Aspen in gear and score some tickets to that show!

Rocky Mountain Shakedown-a-billy
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:32 pm

and if you've got a couple days to kill, Reverend Horton Heat is playing shows in Colorado that same week
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 8:59 am

Here's some info on it:

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20080327/NEWS/408443048

Widespread Panic to highlight jazz festivals

Aspen Times staff report
The Aspen Times
Aspen, CO Colorado
March 27, 2008

ASPEN— Jazz Aspen Snowmass announced Wednesday a portion of its festival lineups for June and Labor Day weekend, which will include Georgia-based jam band Widespread Panic, the 28-piece Brian Seltzer Orchestra, former Credence Clearwater Revival front-man John Fogerty, and country-music icon Dwight Yoakum.

The June 19-22 festival, which will be held in Rio Grande Park, will kick off with jazz vocalist Dianne Reeves, with Brazilian newcomer Bebel Gilberto opening the evening.

On June 21, the Brian Setzer Orchestra will perform, following acts Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings. The next evening Los Lonely Boys will play. An opening act for June 22 has not been announced, and the Friday, June 20 lineup has yet to be determined.

The Labor Day weekend festival, scheduled for Aug. 28 through Sept. 1, will be held at the Snowmass Town Park. The first two days — Friday and Saturday — will feature Widespread Panic, known for its avid following and meandering jam sessions.

Fogerty will headline Sunday, Aug. 31, with Yoakum as the opening act.

Monday, Sept. 1 will wind down with the Yonder Mountain String Band. Jerry Douglas is slated as the opener. The Saturday, Aug. 30 show has yet to be announced.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The 28-piece(!) Brian SELTZER orchestra and "Credence" front man? I'm not even going to read the rest of it, but I did notice they spelled Setzer correctly in another paragraph.

Too bad Mr. Fogerty and Brian aren't on the same line up. Ooooh, that would be heavenly!
Back to top Go down
tappenfeat

tappenfeat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 11:48 am

What the hell? Can't they at least spell his last name right? Was that a spoof for some odd reason that is reaching over my head? Derrr. scratch

Although that sounds like loads of fun, I'm waiting for Budgie to win the lottery so's I can go, I'm sure he'll share his millions. Right Budge? Right? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tappenfeat
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:59 pm

28-Piece Brian (Setzer) Orchestra???

Where'd the other 10 pieces come from? Perhaps it was the 10-piece bucket of chicken ordered up as part of the dressing room swag...

But if the BSO is expanding, may I suggest the following:

Mark Winchester, bass - not to replace Spazz, but to provide another bass for the BSO rendition of the Spinal Tap masterpiece Big Bottom.

Kevin McKendree, piano - He may be more blues, rockabilly, and honky-tonk, but if he can handle jazz, sign him up. Otherwise, bring on Jools Holland!

Bernie Dresel - not to replace Tony Pia, but to play xylophone on a properly-orchestrated version of Sabre Dance. It'd also be fun to hear a drum duel between Bernie and Tony.

Budgie - with a few weeks studying the Bernie Dresel Tympani instructional video, I'm sure he could handle the Tympani on Sabre Dance and a version of Johnny's Theme
from The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. "And now, Heeeeeere's Brian!"

Me - I could handle crash cymbals on Sabre Dance, and not much else. Nah, Beth-Ann should take my place, just so the band could be well-fed. Is there a place for her tricked-out rockabilly mixer in the band?

Valerie Brown - Who??? You know, the chick who played tambourine in Josie and the Pussycats - there's a tambourine part in, you guessed it, Sabre Dance.

Buffy - since she will travel anywhere to see The Brian, we might as well put her to work. She can play spoons on... wait for it... Sabre Dance!

Gloria - she could be Brian's assistant, bringing him towels and water, the way Charlie Hodge did for Elvis!

Tommy - to sing backup vocals on the BSO cover of the Bay City Rollers' Saturday Night, and also cowbell on... no, not Sabre Dance... Don't Fear the Reaper!

Chad - Man, I don't know where to put you, but I'd like to see you with the Setz-tourage just to know you're really alive!

There ya go! 10 additional members. 28 pieces in all.

You're welcome!

More Cowbell-billy
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 1:45 pm

i can see it now...
"hey Rick, that song was great but tell Tommy we need...
Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? 41wlXHUMiML._AA280_ "
Wink
Cori
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 1:48 pm

I'm going to remove the fictional animated character from Josie and the Pussycats and replace her with Debs! I know Debs was a fellow band geek, so the tambourine shouldn't be a problem. Plus, she can pull double duty as the band librarian and keep the setlists fresh.

"Gettin' In the Mood again? Perhaps you forgot when we played it HERE"

Or something like that...

Errors and Omissions-billy
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 1:49 pm

Yes, 28 pieces. As this is a special, one-off festival show, the BSO will be joined by The Pussycat Dolls, the reunited BackStreet Boys and the touring company of Stomp.

Not to be missed.

From the festival's official website:

Jazz Aspen Snowmass June & Labor Day Tickets will go on-sale Monday, April 7th at 9am mst.
866-JAS-TIXX (527-8499)

Already planning ahead for the 2008 Festivals??
For lodging packages call 800-SNOWMASS or visit www.snowmassvillage.com
Additional lodging packages available at the Silvertree Hotel 800-837-4255 or www.silvertreehotel.com

More info: http://www.jazzaspen.org/p-june-festival-17.html
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 2:53 pm

rickabilly wrote:

Budgie - with a few weeks studying the Bernie Dresel Tympani instructional video, I'm sure he could handle the Tympani on Sabre Dance and a version of Johnny's Theme

Hey, I've been known to rock the triangle when the situation calls for it!!

Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EdGrimley

Ed Budgley
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 3:33 pm

Budgie wrote:
rickabilly wrote:

Hey, I've been known to rock the triangle when the situation calls for it!!

Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EdGrimley

Ed Budgley

He's a totally decent player, I must say!

No question-billy
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 4:25 pm

Rickabilly, more fun that a barrel of cowbells!

ps - are there charts for spoons?
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 4:46 pm

rickabilly wrote:
He's a totally decent player, I must say!

The scariest thing about this picture is that the shirt I was wearing matches the shirt on the Grimley doll so closely that you can barely see where one ends and the other begins!!! I took the shirt right out of my father's closet, wore it to a party, washed it and put it right back in the closet! How funny is that? I mean I can you say it isn't when it obviously IS!!!

Leo Ricarcdo FleaBudge
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 5:00 pm

I just can't get over how young you look! lol!

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 5:12 pm

WildCat wrote:
I just can't get over how young you look! lol!

cat

Yeah... I was almost 20 years younger 19 years ago...

affraid
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 5:59 pm

[quote="Gloria"]Here's some info on it:

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20080327/NEWS/408443048

Widespread Panic to highlight jazz festivals

Aspen Times staff report
The Aspen Times
Aspen, CO Colorado
March 27, 2008

ASPEN— Jazz Aspen Snowmass announced Wednesday a portion of its festival lineups for June and Labor Day weekend, which will include Georgia-based jam band Widespread Panic, the 28-piece Brian Seltzer Orchestra, former Credence Clearwater Revival front-man John Fogerty, and country-music icon Dwight Yoakum.

Hmm. Yoakum. Neutral
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 6:06 pm

All those misspellings from someone who presumably writes for a living. *Heavy sigh*

Fourth-estate-my-arse-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 6:11 pm

I don't know how the others feel about their jobs in the new 28 piece Brian Setzer Orchestra, but I have NO problem with my newly appointed position.

-BSGLO
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 2:52 am

Hey Rick.....
where's my job?

I can keep Gloria's contact with Brian to a minimum, or
I can help Nicole with wardrobe if nothing else!
(I wouldn't have to be part of "THE 28")

xoxo
Scat Wilbury
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 3:24 am

Scatty, I need a spoon tech - are you free?
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 8:58 am

Scatman wrote:
Hey Rick.....
where's my job?

I can keep Gloria's contact with Brian to a minimum

xoxo
Scat Wilbury

Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? Iconlmao Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? IconlmaoAnyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? Iconlmao
Good one, Scatterly-doodle! With lines like that, you've just proven that your job should be comedian as opener for the BSO, if you decline the job EP-Buffy has offered you. By the way, nice initials, Eskimo!
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 9:51 am

Scatman wrote:
Hey Rick.....
where's my job?

I can keep Gloria's contact with Brian to a minimum, or
I can help Nicole with wardrobe if nothing else!
(I wouldn't have to be part of "THE 28")

xoxo
Scat Wilbury

If Debs comes up with a different setlist every night, don't you think think you're gonna have enough to do?

Archivist-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 11:56 am

Wha ??
There's more than one show?
I thought THE 28 was just one night...................
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 12:36 pm

I thought THE 28 was the new format going forward, but it turns out they're performing in River City, Iowa the next day and need another 72 trombone players to be able to perform 76 Trombones! Suspect

I think it's more of a sight gag than anything, so if you want to "bone up" on your trombone-synching skills, you might just have a job.

Believin' everything I read-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 12:44 pm

River City?
That spells trouble...........

Trouble with a capital "T" that rhymes with "P"
and P stands for ....
oh never mind!

I move (and second) that this topic be closed.
Motion carried, no objections. That'll be the order.

Now, where's that topic about the March 1990 tour?................................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next