The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Song suggestions for the BSO?

Go down 
+55
Kid Setzer
StanTheMan
Scatman
Ponczek007
Shakin Seethings
Davy Jones
stray matt
Pirate Paul
SINGERSOCIETY
jbhtexas
Crazy Arms
brent
stevelucille
Mark Suede
Danny_Wilde
rg9l@libero.it
WildCat
Kiki
davidlisa
Demchenko
Madman
therealdeal
radiationsteve
drtiehead
El Perro
johnny61
cfunke
masbirras
Alex Cash
EskimoPie
DEXTER
BluesSinger212
crazycatlady
GuitarMan
Mikey
bigshampoo
Hot Rod Buick
Christel
donpepe
Sharky
coonman
Twenty Flight Rick
Crazy Mixed Up Kid
Setzerado
steve91386
TommyM
Budgie
rickabilly
Diggey
Galaxie59
laurent327
wee mark
webelvis
Chillicat
ratpack
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ratpack

ratpack

Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 3:24 pm

I think the BSO could play a mind-blowing version of "Tutti Frutti" (a la "The House Is A-Rockin'").

Wouldn't it be great if the BSO just went into the studio and hit record and laid down like a hundred tracks in a month (or less)? I remember reading about some of the old jazz greats having marathon sessions like that, where they record some unbelievable amount (by today's standards) of songs, often in one take each. Basically, I just want them to record everything they possibly can! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mark Suede

Mark Suede

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 7:23 pm

I dream about a BSO version of REET PETITE cheers
Back to top Go down
stevelucille

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:04 am

I love all the suggestions! Not many artists could even imagine taking on such a wide range of diverse music.
My fave would be a cd of Sinatra covers. But not the My Way/Chicago stuff but some of the swinging, horns blaring tracks.
I was thinking of songs like Birth Of The Blues, I've Got You Under My Skin (has a great bridge that the BSO would just tear up!), Ring-A-Ding-Ding, Something's Gotta Give, Five Minutes More, Too Close For Comfort or The Same Old Song And Dance. The BSO treatment of those songs would absolutely rock! Throw in a couple ballads to allow people to catch their breath and you got yourself a great cd!
Back to top Go down
brent

brent

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 3:44 pm

coonman wrote:
I am ready to see them play Honky Tonk in person. The only time I have seen or heard it is on the Montreal dvd/cd. I think that it is the best I have ever seen from them. The combination of Brian tearing it up and the band building to a fever pitch is just incredible. I put that one in every few days and get the walls shaking in the house. Anybody else love it like I do?

It is perhaps the best "live" instrumental Brian has ever gotten recorded. It's absolutley fantastic.
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca
Crazy Arms

Crazy Arms

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:51 pm

It would be great a version of "Sing Sing Sing (with a Swing)" and "Stompin´at The Savoy" both of Benny Goodman and the "Moonlight Serenade" of Glenn Miller as someone here said before. Smile
Back to top Go down
jbhtexas

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 2:24 am

There are two songs on Mancini's Peter Gunn soundtrack (in addition to the main theme that BSO has already done) that I think would be well suited to BSO...

Sessions at Pete's Pad

and

Fallout!
Back to top Go down
SINGERSOCIETY

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 11:34 pm

I agree w/all those who picked the JBT they are always great movies and we know Brian fans would love to see him get additional king air play and fans that would follow his style of playing king
Back to top Go down
crazycatlady

crazycatlady

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 3:03 am

ratpack wrote:
How about "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't (My Baby)" by Louis Jordan? You know, the one Tom from the "Tom & Jerry" cartoon used to croon. Cool cat

LOVE IT! lol! I like it when Tom plays the bass with his back feet! That is my second favorite Tom and Jerry cartoon - the first being "Texas Tom" where Tom ties the record player to his back and sings "If you're ever down in Texas, look me-UP!" I am such a cartoon geek!

"Is You Is" would be a GREAT BSO song!

I like all of the suggestions. Brian Setzer can do anything and he's awesome at everything he does!

cat
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 12:00 pm

ratpack wrote:
How about "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't (My Baby)" by Louis Jordan? You know, the one Tom from the "Tom & Jerry" cartoon used to croon. Cool cat
The Tom & Jerry cartoon is called "Solid Serenade"
It's got to be one of the best cartoons ever made Laughing

I think we're all cartoon geeks at heart Wink

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:01 pm

Pirate Paul wrote:
ratpack wrote:

Cheers PP pirat

Amen!
Back to top Go down
stray matt

stray matt

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 6:09 pm

Kiki wrote:
Pirate Paul wrote:
ratpack wrote:

Cheers PP pirat

Amen!

amen brother

p.s kiki your heads gonna fall off ha ha
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 6:18 pm

[quote="gretch 6120]

amen brother

p.s kiki your heads gonna fall off ha ha[/quote]

I'll try and hang on to it.
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 4:55 pm

Here's my list:

Christmas:
*The Christmas Song (aka "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire")
*Rockin Around the Christmas Tree
*O Tannenbaum (O Christmas Tree)
*Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer (played with the banjo)
*Theme from Christmas Vacation (maybe let Julie sing this one)
*Greensleeves

Regular:
*They Say that Falling In Love is Wonderful
*Born to Be Blue
*Night & Day
*Beyond the Sea
*Days of Wine & Roses
*I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire
*Cheek to Cheek (duet with Julie)

Notes:
I'd like to hear an arrangement of the Christmas Song where Brian starts out by himself playing chord melody style, and then gradually members of the band enter, Julie and Leslie at the second A-section, the entire band with mutes at the B-section, then maybe play louder and build up to a solo, followed by dropping off all the instruments, a few at a time on the "Merry Christmas" repeats until left with just Brian remaining playing the last chords chord melody style and then have the orchestra hold an extended chord to finish the song.

I also second the ideas for the Benny Goodman tunes and having the orchestra play a new James Bond theme. However, and I mean no offense to any of her fans, but in terms of Amy Winehouse, I tend to agree with Keith Richards' comments about her.
Back to top Go down
crazycatlady

crazycatlady

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 1:04 am

Those are great suggestions DavyJones! I'm not much of a fan of "grandma," but the more I think about it, it would sound cool with a Setzer twist. The Christmas Song idea is really cool.

I hear so many songs (especially old songs) where I think "I bet Brian Setzer could do a cool version of this song!"

cat
Back to top Go down
Shakin Seethings

Shakin Seethings

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 7:27 am

I'd like to see a few ballards covered...........

The Ink Spots ..............Whispering Grass

The Mills Brothers .........Paper Doll

and You Always Hurt The One You Love.

Also like to see Elvis Fools Fall In Love (in A Hurry), Stray Cats One Desire, Louis Prima Gigolo and even CLWRs Bad Moon Rising !
Back to top Go down
Madman

Madman

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:19 am

My 6 year old son was just playing Hank C. Burnette's "Spinnin' rock boogie". A Setzer version of that cold be awesome with the horns blaring at 150 m.p.h.......
Back to top Go down
Shakin Seethings

Shakin Seethings

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 3:38 am

Having spend some time on you tube this morning i'd also like to see BSO go a bit 'London' and cover Chas and Daves Ain't No Pleasing You.

And also something by Squeeze, maybe Tempted, which is one the Sheryl Crow has covered live. Or there is a Squeeze album track called Messed Around which is already a very rockabilly track.

Also there is a little known Elvis Costtello track called 'Head to Toe' which could go down quite well.
Back to top Go down
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 11:36 am

I think Live and Let Die would have to pretty awesome for the orchestra, it'd be infinitely better than the guns and roses version, ACK!!!!
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 11:19 pm

Well, seeing that this topic is on top again, and without really giving it too much thought,
may I suggest "Look At That Cadillac"?

Forgive me if someone has already suggested this.................

Christmas Wish:
R'billly Riot Vol 2~Tribute to Ricky Nelson and Buddy Holly

Ooby Dooby!
Scatman
Back to top Go down
crazycatlady

crazycatlady

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 12:14 am

Shakin Seethings wrote:

The Mills Brothers .........Paper Doll

and You Always Hurt The One You Love.

I LOVE the Mills Brothers! Across the Alley from the Alamo would be cool too.
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 6:06 am

Shakin Seethings wrote:
Having spend some time on you tube this morning i'd also like to see BSO go a bit 'London' and cover Chas and Daves Ain't No Pleasing You.

And also something by Squeeze, maybe Tempted, which is one the Sheryl Crow has covered live. Or there is a Squeeze album track called Messed Around which is already a very rockabilly track.

Also there is a little known Elvis Costtello track called 'Head to Toe' which could go down quite well.

That's un real... I was JUST listening to that song (ain't no pleasing you). I wasn't thinking of a Setzer cover thought, but how about Rabbit, or the Sideboard song - or am I just being silly now.

Keep Rockin' Shaky

Mikey Hodges xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
StanTheMan

StanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:45 am

I think a fun song for the Orchestra would be Jambalaya. It's a timeless classic that's been done many times over. They've already got the southern thing going with Hey Santa. santa
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/synagogue327
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:53 am

Who put the bomp? (in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp)..

Doooooo iiiiit! Razz

That would be manic..

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: cover songs   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 8:08 am

Chillicat wrote:
ya never know... in the first incarnation of this board, I made a few suggestions and lo and behold they ended up on a cd... Shocked
it may have just been a coincidence though... Smile

A few i've thought recently that would be awesome:
Stardust (like Nat King Cole's arrangement)
Black Orpheus/Manha De Carnaval
Tin Tin Deo - Dizzy Gillespie
Barefootin' - Joe Tex (I heard this over the loudspeakers in a store and actually got out paper to write down lyrics to find later... lol)
or, in the same vein as Wolfie's big night out, Bizet Has his Day - ala Les Brown & his Band of renown...
cat
Cori

Isn't 'Barefootin' by Robert Parker?
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: covers   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 8:12 am

Isn't Jenny Jenny a Little Richard song?

Alex Cash wrote:
my suggestions:

- Trouble (Presley)
- Suspicious Minds (Presley)
- Queen of the hop (Bobby Darin)
- Train kept-a-rollin´ (Tiny Bradshaw)
- Dim dim the lights (I want some atmosphere) (Bill haley & the Comets)
- Birth of the Boogie (Bill haley & the Comets)
- It had to be you
- Shake, rattle & roll (Big Joe Turner)
- Corrine corrina (Big Joe Turner)
- Rock-a-bye baby (Big Mama Thornton)
- Chatanooga choo choo
- Messin´ around with the Blues (Memphis Slim)
- (Oh wee suzy) Lucky Charm (Stray Cats)
- Lonely Summer Nights (Stray Cats)
- Jenny Jenny (Alvin Lee)
- Hallelujah! I love her so (Ray Charles)

Hi everybody! grettings from the North coast of Spain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Song suggestions for the BSO?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next