The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The two most beautiful words in the English language...

Go down 
+12
brian
ash
The G-Man
SwanseaCity
Rockin' Johnny
tappenfeat
TommyM
Chillicat
EskimoPie
rockabilly guy
sidelakebob
Budgie
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

The two most beautiful words in the English language... Empty
PostSubject: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 4:26 pm

... get spoken today for the first time this year...

"PLAY BALL!!!"

Very Happy

Budgie Baseball

Last edited by Budgie on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 4:47 pm

Real men play soccer. Wink
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 5:47 pm

With you there Bob,
though as a Derby County fan,I'd rather not talk about the footy at the minute.
Relegated before April...oh dear. pale
Never mind...we'll be back.

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabilly81
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 5:55 pm

sidelakebob wrote:

Bah!!! If God wanted us to play soccer, 10 out of every 11 people would be born without arms!!!

lol!

Budgie Mays
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: hey batterbatter   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 6:32 pm

So envious of all warmer places in the world where you can play sports outside already because your snow is gone. Still doing the Run-it's-a-Moose-in-the-Driveway-Dash, extra points on ice, here. But I did get to wear my leather jacket once last week without freezing too badly so... spring is coming. Batter up!
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 7:01 pm

oh very much yes, Budgie... I actually left school early today. Thats the wonderful thing about kindergarten and i was able to get everything prepped for tomorrow so that i could do that!
My Dodgers are thoroughly trouncing the Giants so I'm a happy girl!
sunny GO DODGERS!!!flower
Very Happy
C
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 7:17 pm

Budgie wrote:
If God wanted us to play soccer, 10 out of every 11 people would be born without arms!!

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Shiraz just came out my nose.

Phillies RULE,
Tommy Howard
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
tappenfeat

tappenfeat

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 8:09 pm

Thank God it's baseball season again!

Although the Phillies got their rear ends beat today...I still love 'em!

PS

Mets stink!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tappenfeat
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 4:09 am

EskimoPie wrote:
So envious of all warmer places in the world where you can play sports outside already because your snow is gone. Still doing the Run-it's-a-Moose-in-the-Driveway-Dash, extra points on ice, here. But I did get to wear my leather jacket once last week without freezing too badly so... spring is coming. Batter up!

You remind me of the song when its springtime in Alaska from the Orange blossom special album. what a great song!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Rockin' Johnny

Rockin' Johnny

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 5:16 am

Budgie wrote:
sidelakebob wrote:

Bah!!! If God wanted us to play soccer, 10 out of every 11 people would be born without arms!!!

lol!

Budgie Mays

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy you're right!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SwanseaCity

SwanseaCity

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 8:19 am

sidelakebob wrote:

I think you'll find that real men don't call it soccer - it's FOOTBALL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The G-Man

The G-Man

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 am

Actually Real Men Play RUGBY !!!!!!!!!!! Razz cheers Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 9:20 am

The G-Man wrote:
Actually Real Men Play RUGBY !!!!!!!!!!! Razz cheers Rolling Eyes

Can you see Budgie play rugby!? Sad Wink
Back to top Go down
Rockin' Johnny

Rockin' Johnny

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 9:41 am

SwanseaCity wrote:
sidelakebob wrote:

I think you'll find that real men don't call it soccer - it's FOOTBALL Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy

That's true!!!
Here in Italy they only speak about soccer and i hate it!!! And few people play football or baseball, but when i remember two great guys... JOE MONTANA and JOHN RIGGINS!!!! (a lot of years ago!)
Back to top Go down
SwanseaCity

SwanseaCity

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 9:54 am

That's a whole different argument - not for this forum - but rugby is definitely for girls - even though it's my country's national sport!!!! I hate it.
Back to top Go down
ash

ash

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:25 pm

isnt baseball just realy televised rounders!!? lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.tribalkelts.co.uk
brian

PostSubject: words!   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:42 pm

Two more...GO TRIBE! have a nice day,brian cheers
Back to top Go down
SwanseaCity

SwanseaCity

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 2:08 pm

televised rounders - brilliant! Sorry, but can't get my head around baseball - only 2 countries play it - strange!
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 4:08 pm

Baseball in just 2 Countries??? I know the US is imperialistic by nature, but when did they annex Canada, Cuba, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Colombia, Nicaragua, and probably half a dozen other countries in the Western Hemisphere?

That's assuming Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan all merged as well on the other side of the planet.

Personally, I would like to thank the Netherlands for giving the United States Bert Blyleven and Andruw Jones. Congrats on your victory over Cuba in the last Olympics.

Baseball may not be as global as football/soccer. But it is a sport that captured the attention of the US as the national pastime for nearly 70 years, before the oddly-named "football" took over in the 1970s and never looked back. I remember watching Ken Burns' Baseball documentary with my Grandfather, and watching his face light up when they talked about the Gashouse Gang from the 1930s editions of his beloved St Louis Cardinals. Another grandparent would call me several times a summer to discuss the KC Royals and George Brett. It's a link to my history, and I hope I can instill the appreciation in my kids so this pastime doesn't belong exclusively to the past. It's not completely dissimilar to my using Brian Setzer and Stray Cats to teach my kids about Elvis, Carl Perkins, and Eddie Cochran.

I don't see nearly as many kids playing little league ball today as when I grew up, as physical activity continues to be replaced by Playstation and the internet, but it was a vital part of my childhood. I still enjoy going to watch a game where there's no chance of a riot, urine bombs, or my favorite player being gunned down for making an error or game-winning hit.

Brian Setzer has occasionally mentioned his allegiance to the New York Mets, and an affinity for baseball. I don't recall him ever cheering on Manchester United or reminiscing fondly about those great New York Cosmos games of his youth featuring the legendary Pele. And Budgie's manhood was nearly compromised by a Setzer-launched baseball, not an errant corner kick. (There! I've made the topic Setzer-related! Nearly! lol! )

I'm not knocking football/futbol/soccer at all. I'm merely taking up for baseball.

Play Ball indeed!

Swingin' for the Fences-billy
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 4:29 pm

Go Phils, I hope yesterday wasn't an indication of the forthcoming season.
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 4:53 pm

I'll say it - I'm not afraid of you sharks -

Go Red Sox! ALL the way! cheers
Back to top Go down
SwanseaCity

SwanseaCity

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Rick - you do rise a little too easily - chill out - we are having fun here!!!!
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 5:33 pm

Ah, the easily misinterpreted written word. I think you may be mistaking the number of words for some sort of anger on my part. That is not the case at all.

Here's a man who gets a little more emotional about baseball than myself:

The two most beautiful words in the English language... Capone

Link to Scene from The Untouchables

(Not for the squeamish)

Carry on with your fun, my Welsh brother. On behalf of Brian DePalma, I would like to apologize for what we did to Sean Connery in this movie...

lol!

Enthusiasms-billy
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 6:03 pm

rickabilly wrote:
Brian Setzer has occasionally mentioned his allegiance to the New York Mets, and an affinity for baseball.

I hear he's die-hard Twins now... such sads in these times...

Budgie Puckett
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Budgie wrote:
I hear he's die-hard Twins now... such sads in these times...Budgie Puckett

Ya didn't hear it from ME....but word on the street is that He even likes that stinkin' dome up there!

shhhhhhhhh.....

Tommy Fredo-a-billy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The two most beautiful words in the English language...   The two most beautiful words in the English language... Empty

Back to top Go down

The two most beautiful words in the English language...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next