The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

lyrics question..anyone?

Go down 
+2
Mikey
embassystormer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
embassystormer

embassystormer

lyrics question..anyone? Empty
PostSubject: lyrics question..anyone?   lyrics question..anyone? EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 10:11 am

In storm the Embassy..does first line go "Fifteen men taken.." or "Fifty men taken..". In most places on the net it says 15 men, but as far as i know there were 48 hostages, so 50 would be more correct. So 50 or 15?
I've been puzzled for some time..
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: lyrics question..anyone?   lyrics question..anyone? EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 4:01 pm

embassystormer wrote:
In storm the Embassy..does first line go "Fifteen men taken.." or "Fifty men taken..". In most places on the net it says 15 men, but as far as i know there were 48 hostages, so 50 would be more correct. So 50 or 15?
I've been puzzled for some time..

Fifteen men taken captive in a hostile foreign land!

I did all my sussing out lyrics and sing differences back in the 80's (apprenticeship served).

Scores of suits in control of a diplomatice mess, always sounded like he was singing soups to me - lol. Then it was fifteen mums crying is my son dying (or is it 15 mouths???) Also, there are two diferent intro versions of this song. One has more bars than the other ....

I'm tired now and my mummy is calling me.

Mikey The Lyricist
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
embassystormer

embassystormer

PostSubject: Re: lyrics question..anyone?   lyrics question..anyone? EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:25 pm

I always heard it as fifteen, but fifty seems more logical..
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: lyrics question..anyone?   lyrics question..anyone? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:24 am

Yes, you are right that most lyrics sites on the web say "15 man taken captive in a hostile foreign land..." BUT the lyrics sheet which came with the 2001 Japanese paper sleeve collection of Stray Cats' debut album say "50 men taken..." I know the Japanese lyrics sheets have been strange somehow but I go for "50 men...".

BB
Back to top Go down
http://www.briansetzer.de
Madman

Madman

PostSubject: Re: lyrics question..anyone?   lyrics question..anyone? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:13 pm

The lyrics definately do say "50 mums cryin....'", so it should also be "50 men.." - unless of course there were any brothers taken, then it might only be "48 mums cryin'" ....this is getting out of hand.

There are reasons... Madman
Back to top Go down
embassystormer

embassystormer

PostSubject: Re: lyrics question..anyone?   lyrics question..anyone? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:00 pm

Madman wrote:
The lyrics definately do say "50 mums cryin....'", so it should also be "50 men.." - unless of course there were any brothers taken, then it might only be "48 mums cryin'" ....this is getting out of hand.

There are reasons... Madman

Yes, but this is not my problem as i've never seen lyrics that said "50 men" AND "15 mums are" or vice versa.

My question was concerning the number of hostages in the song, most lyric sheets on the net are saying 15 but logically it would be 50..And i do belive that 50 would be the correct number.
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: lyrics question..anyone?   lyrics question..anyone? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:58 pm

50 men, 50 mom's.

-T (who does NOT have a raisin in his shoe!)
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
tappenfeat

tappenfeat

PostSubject: Re: lyrics question..anyone?   lyrics question..anyone? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 9:32 pm

TommyM wrote:

-T (who does NOT have a raisin in his shoe!)

LOLOLOL!!!! Wasn't that ElectricEric's Nephew who said that? Taking us back to 1999?

Somehow that quote really stuck with me because it was so stinkin' hilarious!

PS

Phillies are winnin' and Harry's on...what more could we ask for? cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tappenfeat
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: lyrics question..anyone?   lyrics question..anyone? EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 10:34 pm

Just watching Montreux 1981 gig and they're playing STE. It's definitely '15men'

Mikey the record keeper x
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
embassystormer

embassystormer

PostSubject: Re: lyrics question..anyone?   lyrics question..anyone? EmptySat May 31, 2008 8:15 pm

Mikey wrote:
Just watching Montreux 1981 gig and they're playing STE. It's definitely '15men'

Mikey the record keeper x

Maybe, but as the correct number was 48, 50 would be more correct..And honest to god, i can't tell what he is saying. I even tried to listen hard on the original vinyl as well as the CD..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lyrics question..anyone?   lyrics question..anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

lyrics question..anyone?
Page 1 of 1