The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let´s go Faster (Demos)

Go down 
+3
Dave
Hellvis
muenke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
muenke

Let´s go Faster (Demos) Empty
PostSubject: Let´s go Faster (Demos)   Let´s go Faster (Demos) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 11:54 am

Hy Folks,

I just had the opportunity to listen to the demos of the let´s go faster album. A little bit rough they are, but in my opinion much better than the original produced cd. Anyone here who shares my opinion?

CR
Back to top Go down
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: Let´s go Faster (Demos)   Let´s go Faster (Demos) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:08 pm

Not a fan of Nile Rodgers' production eh?

I would love to share my opinion... if I could have one! Laughing
Where in the hell did you find them?
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Let´s go Faster (Demos)   Let´s go Faster (Demos) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:18 pm

A mate of mine often says "Nile Rodgers owes me a tenner...."

Dave
Back to top Go down
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: Let´s go Faster (Demos)   Let´s go Faster (Demos) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:02 pm

He would owe me about 30 then as I bought the lp on vinyl, then on cd. Which was "borrowed", so I had to buy it again.

That said, a few songs aren't that bad, I try to focus on that, instead of the production.
Back to top Go down
muenke

PostSubject: Re: Let´s go Faster (Demos)   Let´s go Faster (Demos) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:03 am

Hy,

the songs on the demos are sounding pretty close to the live nude guitars period, but, indeed, in a rough mix. And yes: I don´t like the production on the official record, but anyway: a few great songs on that record, no classic stray cats style, but every band has the right (perhaps even the duty) to try out a few new things. Otherwise things might get boring. Even the Stones played reggae and disco in the 70s ....

Where to find the demos? I don´t thing that it would be OK for the moderator (hy Tommy) if I post a link. But there is still our friend called "google".

Cheers
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: Let´s go Faster (Demos)   Let´s go Faster (Demos) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 5:24 am

Go to the original Setzer forum (hoodoo voodoo lounge), looking for, there'is a link for download the demo album.
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Let´s go Faster (Demos)   Let´s go Faster (Demos) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 5:29 am

Couldn't find the link there?! Help!

EDIT: Thanks!
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Let´s go Faster (Demos)   Let´s go Faster (Demos) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi muenke
I would love to get a hold of those Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink
Cheers MATE!
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
JeffJR937

PostSubject: Re: Let´s go Faster (Demos)   Let´s go Faster (Demos) EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 2:54 am

Hi everyone!

Long time Cats/Setzer fan - and would LOVE to hear these if someone would be so kind!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let´s go Faster (Demos)   Let´s go Faster (Demos) Empty

Back to top Go down

Let´s go Faster (Demos)
Page 1 of 1