A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Diggey

avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-02-08
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:07 pm

Two things:

Does anyone have a copy of the StrayCats "Rock Therapy" on CD that they'd part with or do a trade or copy for a brother? I have all of the Stray Cats CD's except this one and it is drving me nuts that I do not have the collection complete.

Secondly, who here thinks that a HUGE VAULT release Boxset of all fo the Stray Cats Albums Remastered wouldn't be awesome? Plus, add a live show from back in the day...... dreams.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galaxie59



Posts : 22
Join date : 2008-02-06
Location : West Yorkshire UK

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:25 pm

I read something about this not long ago.

I think it was only released in the US and before the days of CDs.

I have it on cassette tape, remember them ? lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rickabilly

avatar

Posts : 403
Join date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:37 pm

I thought I discovered that this album, along with Blast Off, was going to be released through Collector's Choice Music here in the US. It appears now that they're only distributing the CDs, and that they'll possibly be released March 11th on the Hepcat Records label. It's hard for me to trust any pre-release information, as this is the third time the release date has been pushed back, but here is a listing on Amazon.com:

Rock Therapy

Happy Hunting,

Give Me a Standing Audition-billy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaybird

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:47 pm

I have Rock therapy on cd, I bought it as a Japanese import years ago at Amazon.com, not seen it about since. I'd do a copy for you only most of my cd's & albums are in storage so have no access to them at present, plus I don't really like doing copies as it isn't fair on Brian & the guys Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rockabillyfever.com/jay
Diggey

avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-02-08
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:33 am

I here you about doing copies. I'm not a fan really either, only when it is totally unavailable which I have been on the waiting list at amazon over 6 months and bought it twice from Best Buy and been cancelled as to the out of print issues.
So, my thought is if I get a copy, that I am still pushing this album. I don't like to do it but want the music. So, anyway no ripping off intended.
It also sucks as I have everything else under the Stray Cats umbrella. I have Lets Go Faster which was the hardest to dig up. I just really dig the cats version of Race With the Devil....... great cover of a great tune and captures the Cats influences.

I am hoping Brian will get the boys together for a boxset, re-releasing the catalog all at once at the peak of this current wave of Rockabilly, underground or not, the time is now!!! (selfish reasons only.)

LAter gator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaybird

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:01 pm

You want to keep an eye on ebay too, you find some rare stuff there, I spotted Rockin By Myself there earlier today, another rare Setzer release What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rockabillyfever.com/jay
donpepe



Posts : 98
Join date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:03 pm

Check this http://www.junglerecords.fi/ Dial Stray Cats to the box on the left
and click "hae " on the right. It's very a reliable shop located in Finland, if you want to mail the directly to them jungle@junglerecords.fi. They all speak english,.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex bop street



Posts : 3
Join date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:04 am

I have two editions of Rock Therapy,in LP (1986-EMI) and in cd,japanese edition.
I like this record very much,my favourite song is "Broken Man" and I like very much "Rock Therapy",the great Johnny Burnette Trio song.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:49 am

Mate,
keep an eye on Ebay, it's usual to see it there. If you want the first CD edition, it is going to be the one with a green OBI (the sticker that all the Japanese CDs come with). It's not that expensive.
You can also try it at www.eil.com
Back to top Go down
johnny61

avatar

Posts : 49
Join date : 2008-02-06
Age : 55
Location : Florida, USA

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:42 pm

rickabilly wrote:
I thought I discovered that this album, along with Blast Off, was going to be released through Collector's Choice Music here in the US. It appears now that they're only distributing the CDs, and that they'll possibly be released March 11th on the Hepcat Records label. It's hard for me to trust any pre-release information, as this is the third time the release date has been pushed back, but here is a listing on Amazon.com:

Rock Therapy

Happy Hunting,

Give Me a Standing Audition-billy

The Barnes And Noble website is also listing RT and BO with a March 11th release date. Remastered and in digi-pak. Unfortunately no bonus tracks. Here's hoping 3/11/08 works out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaybird

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:49 pm

I just found a site with Rock therapy listed as available, so maybe it's worth a try Smile

http://www.musicstack.com/album/stray+cats/rockpalast
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rockabillyfever.com/jay
guitar_slinger_6120

avatar

Posts : 6
Join date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:59 pm

A Complete Stray Cats Remasterd Box Set Would be great!!!

the only albums that I own on cd are "Choo Choo Hot Fish", "Original Cool".
the rest i had to download.... which i hate cause the sound quality sucks!
I would buy any Stray Cats album on cd in a heart beat!
heck! i'd even buy them on itunes if i could!

the only Stray Cats cds that are made available in stores are..
"Rumble In Brixton"
"The Best Of"
"Runaway Boys: A Retrospective"
"The 2004 Tour Cds"

which I already own!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aristocat

avatar

Posts : 91
Join date : 2008-02-06
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:14 pm

Diggey wrote:
Two things:

Does anyone have a copy of the StrayCats "Rock Therapy" on CD that they'd part with or do a trade or copy for a brother? I have all of the Stray Cats CD's except this one and it is drving me nuts that I do not have the collection complete.

Secondly, who here thinks that a HUGE VAULT release Boxset of all fo the Stray Cats Albums Remastered wouldn't be awesome? Plus, add a live show from back in the day...... dreams.....




Take a look at the Store on Lee Rocker's site............is that what you're looking for?

cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/aristocat30
juice3



Posts : 37
Join date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:18 am

hi!

Rock therapy was alsore- released in Finland(by finnishEMI if i remember correctly)in late 80īs or early 90īs.but only on LP(with different cover) and it had drink that bottle..,built for speed and sweet love on my mind(wonderful!!) from Stray Cat Strut maxi ep as bonus tracks!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galaxie59



Posts : 22
Join date : 2008-02-06
Location : West Yorkshire UK

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:56 pm

Hey Diggey,
Looks like your wish came true !!
Rock Therapy & Blast Off albums re-released on CD.

Check out leerocker.com/store Signed by Lee himself !!!

What More Could You Ask For
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hellvis

avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2008-02-18
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:54 am

guitar_slinger_6120 wrote:
the only albums that I own on cd are "Choo Choo Hot Fish", "Original Cool".
the rest i had to download.... which i hate cause the sound quality sucks!
I would buy any Stray Cats album on cd in a heart beat!
heck! i'd even buy them on itunes if i could!

Erm, they ARE available on iTunes! Well, not all of them, they don't have the rare stuff like Rock Therapy, Let's Go Faster and Original Cool but they got the rest I believe.

And if you prefer physical cd's, I'm sure you could find them quite easily in second hand stores or on eBay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaybird

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:18 am

guitar_slinger_6120 wrote:
A Complete Stray Cats Remasterd Box Set Would be great!!!

the only albums that I own on cd are "Choo Choo Hot Fish", "Original Cool".
the rest i had to download.... which i hate cause the sound quality sucks!
I would buy any Stray Cats album on cd in a heart beat!
heck! i'd even buy them on itunes if i could!

the only Stray Cats cds that are made available in stores are..
"Rumble In Brixton"
"The Best Of"
"Runaway Boys: A Retrospective"
"The 2004 Tour Cds"

which I already own!

You can order plenty of Stray Cats cd's online, a couple are being re released very soon & available to order from Lee rockers website. Plus specialist Rockabilly sites such as Raucous Records have loads....

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~rauc/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rockabillyfever.com/jay
Banksy

avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2008-02-06
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:19 pm

I think Rock Therapy is a great LP; glad to hear Lee felt the same:- http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/news.php?id=17457

Only wish Jim & Brian made more effort on the cover / photo shoot! Lee's the coolest.




Banksy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hellvis

avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2008-02-18
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:50 pm

Cheers for the link Banksy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StanTheMan

avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-02-07
Age : 44
Location : Columbus OH

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:19 pm

jaybird wrote:




You can order plenty of Stray Cats cd's online, a couple are being re released very soon & available to order from Lee rockers website. Plus specialist Rockabilly sites such as Raucous Records have loads....

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~rauc/

That's good to know. My Blast Off cd doesn't play anymore. Too many scratches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/synagogue327
NJ_Stray_Cat

avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2008-03-23
Location : South Jersey

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:47 am

Looks like Amazon is carrying Rock Therapy and Blast Off remasters.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012X6FKS/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I28SQL49B2GTD1&colid=2I41313HYES92

Is ther any information on the remastered back catalog being released in the U.S. anytime soon?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hellvis

avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2008-02-18
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:33 pm

NJ_Stray _Cat wrote:
Looks like Amazon is carrying Rock Therapy and Blast Off remasters.

Bear in mind that -according to Lee, who wrote the new liner notes- these are NOT remasters, only re-releases.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"   

Back to top Go down
 
STRAY CATS "ROCK THERAPY"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Fern is a "Real" Rock Star.
» Bleach 423 "Farewell Swords"
» "Handy Dandy" Tutorial
» 110303 Jessica Sings "Happy Birthday" to Park Minyoung
» 111024 SNSD's "The Boys" Receives Ten Million Views in Four Days

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: CATS DISCUSSION-
Jump to: