The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gene & Eddie

Go down 
+3
Cool Irish Cat
rockabilly guy
carboncat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
carboncat

carboncat

Gene & Eddie Empty
PostSubject: Gene & Eddie   Gene & Eddie EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Sorry I posted this on the wrong section 1st Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Just listening to Gene & Eddie and thought "what a great song",The way it's put together is pure magic and it sounds just how you want it to.I reckon that if the Stray Cats were about in the 50's they would have been bigger than most of the stars from that era.I know that this song is written about songs done by Gene Vincent and Eddie Cochran and that they were inspired by the music from this era BUT!! I reckon they would have been as GREAT!!! then(or even greater) as they have been over the last 30 years.
KEEP ROCKIN CATS!!
Carbon Cat UK

rockabilly guy

Gene & Eddie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene & Eddie   Gene & Eddie EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 5:45 am

Oh yeah,
Gene & Eddie...pure Rockabilly heaven.Wierd one this,some people don't like the track at all.
I'm not sure if it's those who loved the BSO first then dug into the Cats back catalogue or what???
I fail to see how anyone who was into the Cats from the early days can fail to appreciate this classic tribute song.But hey,we're all different and that's the beauty of it all isn't it?

As for our heroes in the '50's,that's another topic altogether isn't it?Talent wise-no question, but too wild I'm thinking.Take Johnny Burnette as an example,a man who captured the 'rebel' sound to perfection with the Trio but wasn't a regular on the 'Hit Parade' until he watered his sound down with the likes of You're Sixteen.

But in essence,Brian Setzer could have played guitar in the '50's and knocked 'em dead,just like he has always done.

Cheers
Steve
We're gonna rock with...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabilly81
carboncat

carboncat

Gene & Eddie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene & Eddie   Gene & Eddie EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 3:31 pm

To True: rockabilly guy

They would have probably been way to wild Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil and we would not have had them in our era,so I suppose we have to be thankfull that they came along when they did,but what a band.There is nothing like them,or nothing to equal them in rockabilly in my eye's.
I listened to some Polecats stuff the other day and have listened to stuff like The Guana Bats and Meteors (did I spell that right?) but nothing compares.They are true talent, and I dont think anyone else will get near to them for a long time.
Hope we meet up at the gig in Manchester,looking forward to getting to Manchester early and having a look around the shops,Ive never been there before,but want to make a real good day of it and meet some of the locals (rockabillies etc,etc Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ).I will keep in touch with you.
Take Care
Carbon Cat
Back to top Go down
Cool Irish Cat

Cool Irish Cat

Gene & Eddie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene & Eddie   Gene & Eddie EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 9:12 am

Hey Carbon, I had a wall to wall Rockabilly, Psychobilly, punkabilly fest at the weekend when my wife and kids were out, Polecats, Colbert Hamilton, Bluecats/Trio, Meteors, King Kurt, Restless, The Delats, The Sharks it went on until I collapsed. Building up the energy for another one and an excuse to get the wife offside. Oh yeah almost forgot Shakin Pyramids God forgive me.

Liam affraid
Back to top Go down
http://liam.mathews@delni.gov.uk
DEXTER

DEXTER

Gene & Eddie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene & Eddie   Gene & Eddie EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 9:43 am

Cool Irish Cat wrote:
Hey Carbon, I had a wall to wall Rockabilly, Psychobilly, punkabilly fest at the weekend when my wife and kids were out, Polecats, Colbert Hamilton, Bluecats/Trio, Meteors, King Kurt, Restless, The Delats, The Sharks it went on until I collapsed. Building up the energy for another one and an excuse to get the wife offside. Oh yeah almost forgot Shakin Pyramids God forgive me.

Liam affraid

Hi Chief, giz a roar the next time that happens, Im starved this side o' the Bann!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
carboncat

carboncat

Gene & Eddie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene & Eddie   Gene & Eddie EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 2:37 pm

I have days like that when I just play all my rockabilly and psycho-billy.I have some Colbert Hamilton stuff.I also have some stuff by a band called The Kingsnakes and some stuff by an old band called The Wild Angels and Hillbilly Hellcats stuff also.
I try to play guitar, but ain't no good,I just play a bit of 12 bar blues with the distortion and reverb turned up. The neighbours dont like it to much,but It's a good way to chill out.It probably sounds more like punk-heavyabilly than rockabilly Embarassed Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I always seem to end up playing my Stray Cats or BSO stuff more than the other CDs It would be great if we all lived a bit closer,we could get together and make some serious NOISE!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing There's no one who lives by me thats into rockabilly that I know of (they are all into Techno and that crap) I will have to organise an open air concert in the back garden this summer and invite everyone (you could get at least 15 people and a small stage in the garden) They all think I'm mental for a 50 year old. lol! lol! lol! lol!
Take Care
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

Gene & Eddie Empty
PostSubject: gene and eddie   Gene & Eddie EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 3:34 am

the first time I heard that song I just thought it so perfectly summed up everything about rockabilly cats-style and the eternal cool of eddie and gene themselves. i agree that it may be a factor that if you get into the bso first you might not like the cats stuff as much. as a fan of the band from their very first gigs in the uk -before I had even heard them and had only seen some pics in the music press! (thinking that a band that looks that cool must be great and already being a big rockabilly fan) - i have never tired of brians stuff but the rockabilly things he does will always be above the bso just cos i see myself as more of a rockabilly guy i suppose -(although i no longer have the hair to prove it!).

my wish would have been for elvis to get himself together and record with the stray cats in a back to basics kind of thing!
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

Gene & Eddie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene & Eddie   Gene & Eddie EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 8:40 am

Hi scatcatcnut
You are on the same lines as myself with the cats,Infact you think exactly the same.It sounds like you have the same hair style as me as well (bald) affraid affraid Cool Cool Laughing Laughing
See you at the Manchester gig cheers cheers cheers
We will have to do something,so that us off the forum can recognise one another at the gig Cool Cool
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
59 Phantom

Gene & Eddie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene & Eddie   Gene & Eddie EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 2:19 pm

I love this song and a special part for me is that we get to sing with them on the refrain !!

so am bumping this up for the Albert Lea, MN ....son of the North (for a short while)

Eddie!!
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

Gene & Eddie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene & Eddie   Gene & Eddie EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 4:28 pm

Yeh!! GENE AND EEDDDIIIEEEE!! cheers cheers cheers
Not long now?
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
dick_headers

Gene & Eddie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene & Eddie   Gene & Eddie EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 9:38 pm

I've had a necklace back in the heydays with 3 dice on it, G & E. What a classic!
..I sure miss u and the 20 flight rock..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gene & Eddie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene & Eddie   Gene & Eddie Empty

Back to top Go down

Gene & Eddie
Page 1 of 1