The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

that"ll be the day

Go down 
+2
Dave
stray matt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stray matt

stray matt

that"ll be the day Empty
PostSubject: that"ll be the day   that"ll be the day EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 3:57 pm

ive just wached a dvd called that"ll be the day it stars david essex
in the lead roll, and co stars ringo star, dave edmunds, keith moon,
adam faith, karl howman and many more its set in the fifties and they
start a rock n roll band and they call the band the stray cats, this film
was made in 1973 and i am now wondering if dave edmunds has anything
to do with brian, jim, and lee, changing from the tom cats to stray cats when
they came to the uk or did brian and the guys actually see the film???
mmmmmmm very interesting, anybody know anything. ??
Back to top Go down
stray matt

stray matt

that"ll be the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: that"ll be the day   that"ll be the day EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 4:13 pm

here"s a link to the film and it"s follow up film on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DAVID-ESSEX-THATLL-BE-THE-DAY-STARDUST-2-DISC-DVD-SET_W0QQitemZ280218492420QQihZ018QQcategoryZ2288QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

that"ll be the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: that"ll be the day   that"ll be the day EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 4:16 pm

It also has Billy Fury as "Stormy Tempest", whose band Keith Moon is playing in.....

Dave
Back to top Go down
stray matt

stray matt

that"ll be the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: that"ll be the day   that"ll be the day EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 4:26 pm

ye sorry how could i forget about billy fury ye its a great movie
and ringo star"s a real comedien in it with his witty liverpool patter
Back to top Go down
Mikey

that"ll be the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: that"ll be the day   that"ll be the day EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 9:51 pm

The weird thing is, I actually watched that film, and enjoyed it before The Stray cats came along. It was just one of those weird coincidences in music history. It is very strange to watch Dave Edmunds playing with a Stray Cats drumskin behind him.

By the way, Dave is very played down in this musical world, and he's an amazingly great producer, fantastic guitarist and all round good guy. I have spoken in depth with his bro, Geoff (who lives in Canada), who has much respect for people who appreciate his brother, and is also a nice guy.

I am constantly amazed by people I meet and encounter in the rock world and how the best people are the most humble... and the aresholes seem to be the 'here today gone tomorrow's'...

I'm not saying robbie Williams was wrong to try and conquer the US market, I'm just saying that he got the acclaim he deserved.... and why does Mariah Carey have to have her dressing room decorated a certain way and carpeted and her sofa's and furniture installed before every performance... girl, it's JUST a gig

Although, I have heard that Brian is quite anal about his dressing room requirements, but only the M & M's. Apparantley, all the yellow ones have to be removed, or he won't go on stage.... Jees Brian, just live with the yellow ones dude... ( sarcasm is an English trait - so i'm told).

Drink Whisky and SHUT UP....I DO

Mikey
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
christopher

christopher

that"ll be the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: that"ll be the day   that"ll be the day EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 3:45 am

stray matt wrote:
here"s a link to the film and it"s follow up film on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DAVID-ESSEX-THATLL-BE-THE-DAY-STARDUST-2-DISC-DVD-SET_W0QQitemZ280218492420QQihZ018QQcategoryZ2288QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the link, just ordered a copy, I've heard of «Stardust» in the eighties but never came across this movie. Great, thanks!
Chris
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

that"ll be the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: that"ll be the day   that"ll be the day EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 7:34 am

I took it as read that STRAY CATS was taking from this movie???.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
carboncat

carboncat

that"ll be the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: that"ll be the day   that"ll be the day EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 4:08 pm

Yeh Ive watched Stardust,but cant remember that one. I have got to watch that,SOUNDS GREAT
Thanks Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

that"ll be the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: that"ll be the day   that"ll be the day Empty

Back to top Go down

that"ll be the day
Page 1 of 1