The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER

Go down 
+12
Bear85
rickabilly
Flattop Rob
brian
webelvis
sidelakebob
Toddorado
Brooklyn Bomber
Gloria
jshea
Ponczek007
TommyM
16 posters
AuthorMessage
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER Empty
PostSubject: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 6:45 pm

Go there and Go Wild. ALL the tracks. B-Sides, Uncensored "Rebels Rule". Play it and play it LOUD. Thanks to you guys for inspiring me to upload it and hear it again like the first time I did in '83. Fabulous. Friggin' Fabulous.

-T
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 7:31 pm

oh tommy you never cease to spoil us!
Back to top Go down
jshea

jshea

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:42 pm

Awesome! My favorite CATS album of all. FIRST album from any artist or band I EVER bought (actually first cassette I ever bought. I wasn't a record player kid). Rock and Roll is NEVER too loud!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jsheastanley.com
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 12:09 am

I just find it, oh, I don't know, ridiculous that they censored the word "ass". Rolling Eyes Scandalous!
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:59 am

Gloria wrote:
I just find it, oh, I don't know, ridiculous that they censored the word "ass". Rolling Eyes Scandalous!

Exactly Goria...! And therefore I'm asking myself for 25 years who and why did they (the record company or whoever) censored it. Speaking for Germany, it has never been a problem to use such words as part of the lyrics whether in German nor in English...

If anyone knows why please let us know....

BB confused confused confused confused confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.briansetzer.de
Toddorado

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:08 am

Tommy - where would one acquire a copy of Rant N' Rave that has not been bleeped on Rebels Rule?
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:11 am

Todd,
Not sure. You could try eBay. Look for the one that came out on EMI Manhattan in the early 1990s. That's the one I have and the only copy I own that's "beepless".

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
Toddorado

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:18 am

Thanks Tommy. I'm guessing since http://www.amazon.com/Stray-Cats-Gonna-Ball-Rant/dp/B00005Q3OT/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1208949404&sr=1-1 is a BMG/Arista release, that it is bleeped.
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:19 am

Yeah mate, that's a "beeped" version.
T
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 12:06 pm

O Embarassed oppps..

Last edited by sidelakebob on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 12:15 pm

Thanks for adding it to the player cheers , that was really fun listening!
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 12:22 pm

webelvis wrote:
Thanks for adding it to the player cheers , that was really fun listening!

My pleasure WebElvis.

Your old pal,
T
Back to top Go down
brian

PostSubject: music player   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:07 pm

Thanks Tommy,man i realy love that album.have a nice day all..brian cat
Back to top Go down
Flattop Rob

Flattop Rob

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:48 pm

OK...new guy question.... Embarassed ....where's/what's the "music player"?
Rob
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:52 pm

Welcome. Click HERE.

Cheers,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:58 pm

Of course, that's a direct link to the music player, but for maximum enjoyment, I highly recommend the home page of the official Brian Setzer website: Click HERE

There are plenty of things besides the music player to hold any Setzer fan's attention for hours - and it's updated daily.

To access the music player from the main site, click on the jukebox in the left column - shouldn't be a problem unless you have strict pop-up blockers.

Happy listening-billy
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 2:01 pm

Must say that the main page on Setz.com is looking rather good these days.

But that's just my opinion-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm

As my students would say, "True that!"
Back to top Go down
Flattop Rob

Flattop Rob

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 4:10 pm

Thanks, guys! Very Happy
Rob
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 5:31 pm

I was just reminded of something I haven't thought about in a long time. On 'How Long You Wanna Live Anyway,' one of my favorite songs, I was always singing along in my room or wherever, and my Mom or Dad (or both) would always, always pipe in when it came to the line, 'I'm sick of taking crap from my mother and my father...' they would always, ALWAYS sing along to that line, laughing at me in my pink mohawk. They, especially my Mom, really enjoyed that album as much as I did and they were probably the most lenient parents I know, letting me stay out until 3am on school nights to go see shows because they understood it was all about the music. Never any crap from them, unless I deserved it, of course (and probably less than I deserved!!) Good times.
Back to top Go down
Niblos

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 6:22 pm

It's funny I walked into a HMV music store when when visited Europe (2000) hoping to grab a few Stray Cats cds. Rant n' Rave is one I bought along with Hollywood strut (bootleg) and the first two albums. How surprised when I got home to my player!!! The vinyl was uncensored when it was released. Feels like we going backwards?
Back to top Go down
StanTheMan

StanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 12:03 am

[quote="EskimoPie"] ALWAYS sing along to that line, laughing at me in my pink mohawk.quote]

We'll travel round the world and eat fudge banana swirls just you and me punk rock girl.
bom
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/synagogue327
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 7:10 pm

Just how good was (sorry IS) that album. Gave us two of my most fave tracks - too hip & somethin's wrong. And with DE back at the production helm it proves just why the King Kurt album carried so much weight. (you know what i'm talkin' about).

Grease your hair and count your dough, then tell that DJ where to go

Mikey's Big Cock Is out
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER   RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER Empty

Back to top Go down

RANT 'n RAVE IN MUSIC PLAYER
Page 1 of 1