The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!

Go down 
+6
Navajogirl
greasedupcruiser
Flatheadjack
Hellvis
Kid Setzer
Pinkpiratekitty
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! Empty
PostSubject: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:31 pm

I noticed a lot of newbies to the forum, and kinda feeling like another rockabilly revival in the making.

It's been over 25 years, so it's about time it comes back in. The Cats did it in the 80's, and they'll more than likely be doing it again!!!!

Ain't life great!! Rockabilly on!!!

Pinkpiratekitty cherry cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:32 pm

I think it is slowly happening in Australia already... I see more and more people coming to gigs and festivals.. Rockabilly even has its own section in the music store now!.. well I think that's exciting.. no longer must we be constrained to the confinements of the rock/pop section! Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 5:06 pm

Well, here in Brussels (Belgium) we're busy commemorating Expo 58's 50th anniversary.
Seems like people are having some interest for the fifties again, so who knows?

Also, a rockabilly/rock 'n' roll/blues festival is being held this summer for the third year just next to the atomium.
Very few people came the first year, a lot more last year, I believe this year, with the celebrations there will be even more. Could help the scene in these parts.

D
Back to top Go down
Flatheadjack

Flatheadjack

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:03 pm

yea my bands gona do it!! we are starting to in our home town! more people are coming to shows. You know its all just about good music. If it rocks its good. A rockabilly revival would be nice though.
Back to top Go down
greasedupcruiser

greasedupcruiser

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 2:48 pm

I can't see it happening in the UK ,the place is full of silly little chavs.Its a shame because there is some cracking bands around at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Navajogirl

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 2:59 pm

I think its real cool that Rockabilly is coming back! we had a rockabilly weekend on the Navajo Reservation a while back. there were a lot of fans who showed up, I was totally taken aback and was happily surprised. there's another one in the works too. not to mention all the cool bands that showed up. I was also surprised they have navajo bands playing rockabilly.

the Hopi tribe has a reggae festival every year, so why not the navajos have rockabilly festival, right? haha!!

bobbie
Back to top Go down
Buddy

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 3:20 pm

NEVER WENT AWAY FOR ME!! GONNA BE ROCKIN' WITH THE HOT ROD TRIO THIS SAT.DAY AT THE ACES CAR SHOW IN SANTA ANA!! OC. CATS AND KITTENS COME OUT AND SAY HI!!!
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Buddy wrote:
NEVER WENT AWAY FOR ME!! GONNA BE ROCKIN' WITH THE HOT ROD TRIO THIS SAT.DAY AT THE ACES CAR SHOW IN SANTA ANA!! OC. CATS AND KITTENS COME OUT AND SAY HI!!!

Where in SA is the show?
Back to top Go down
Buddy

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:07 pm

ART DISTRICT DOWN TOWN,GO TO www.thehotrodtrio.com go to gigs and it will give you dir.
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:57 pm

Buddy wrote:
ART DISTRICT DOWN TOWN,GO TO www.thehotrodtrio.com go to gigs and it will give you dir.

Looks awesome!! How cool you have a chick bass player!! Maybe we'll stop by & take a listen.

PPK cherry cat
Back to top Go down
stray cadi 61

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:42 pm

Buddy you guys should open!
Back to top Go down
Buddy

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyMon May 12, 2008 10:28 pm

MAN I WOULD LOVE TO OPEN FOR THE CATS,I WOULD DO IT FOR BACK STAGE PASS FOR ALL OF YOU SO-CAL MEMBERS!!! WELL AND MAYBE SOME BEER!!! STAY COOL Buddy
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyMon May 12, 2008 10:31 pm

I really wanted to get to your gig on Sat. Im sure you rocked! I keep looking on your site for your next one!

PPK cat
Back to top Go down
juice3

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyTue May 13, 2008 3:36 am

I think that revival let´s say in 79-82(in europe and later in Usa) was UNIQUE thing same way as 1950´s, we don´t see anything like that again(different times in record industry,"people hava already seeing everything" etc) of course it´s nice to see things like that psychobilly thing in Usa right now.
Back to top Go down
outbreak

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! EmptyTue May 13, 2008 7:16 am

mmm in melbourne, australia i've found quite alot of people listen to some rockabilly but they mainly listen to other stuff more predominantly like punk or hardcore.
i dunno maybe im just out of the loop now or maybe its just because i know more punks then cats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!   I feel a rockabilly revival comming on! Empty

Back to top Go down

I feel a rockabilly revival comming on!
Page 1 of 1