The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door? Empty
PostSubject: Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door?   Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:45 pm

Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door? Probably one of my favorite songs ever and when I found the stray cats version I was knocked onto my @$$. But I'm not a stray cats expert and I'm not sure who sings it. Any help?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ledzeppelin92
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door?   Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:48 pm

Brian.
Back to top Go down
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

PostSubject: Re: Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door?   Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 11:05 pm

rickabilly wrote:
Brian.
geek
Back to top Go down
Vinny

Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door?   Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 11:26 pm

Do you mean originally?

Creedence Clearwater Revival....(John Fogerty)

Brian's is just about a direct cover, im pretty sure its even in the same key...(G if i remeber, its been a while all i remember is the opening is Gm and Bb)
Back to top Go down
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

PostSubject: Re: Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door?   Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 11:36 pm

Vinny wrote:
Do you mean originally?

Creedence Clearwater Revival....(John Fogerty)

Brian's is just about a direct cover, im pretty sure its even in the same key...(G if i remeber, its been a while all i remember is the opening is Gm and Bb)
Yeah I knew that. They've been my favorite band since I first got into music at about 8. Very Happy Hearing my new favorite band (Stray Cats) doing a take on my favorite song by my other favorite band (CCR) was just perfect.
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door?   Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:33 am

Brian's voice does sound a bit different on Lookin' Out My Back Door, so I completely understand your question. There are some songs where Brian sounds a bit different. Possibly it's because of the tape speed, or maybe a different key. It could be a cold or a symptom of the previous night's activities. Your perception may depend upon the context in which you hear it. On a single, you'd be expecting Brian's voice, so it might not be as confusing. In a compilation, such as the one on the music player, where there are plenty of other tracks, Brian's voice does sound different. I remember thinking the same thing when I heard Sweet Love On My Mind.

Hearing Aid-a-billy
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door?   Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 12:45 pm

J.C Fogerty`s latest album " revival " is brilliant!
Back to top Go down
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

PostSubject: Re: Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door?   Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 2:46 pm

sidelakebob wrote:
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door?   Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:05 pm

sidelakebob wrote:

Agreed there! JF himself is pretty brilliant. Like the man sings...

"Hey you can't go wrong if you play a little bit of that Creedence song".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door?   Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any idea who sings the Stray Cat's version of Lookin' Out My Back Door?
Page 1 of 1