The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!

Go down 
+13
Stray Cat Lover
sidelakebob
WildCat
Cool Irish Cat
Kid Setzer
scatcatcnut
burner1
ArtVandelay
Hellvis
webelvis
TommyM
Flattop Rob
PICKIN' PETE
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! Empty
PostSubject: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 10:17 am

Hey Tommy,
Now we all know that you've been friends with Brian for a great number of years. What I'd like to know is what is Brian really like out of 'work' mode?
I mean, what are his interests besides cars, guitars, etc? There must be something that he's into that you wouldn't probably expect.
Did he/you ever think that he'd get this far? I've only met him once, very briefly, but he seemed a real down to earth guy. Had time for his fans and really seemed to appreciate the admiration we have for him, even though he'd seen it all before I guess.
I respect his and your privacy, but if you could give us a glimpse I'd appreciate it.
Cheers Pete.
P.S. Drinks are still on me if you come on down to Oz!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Flattop Rob

Flattop Rob

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 1:08 pm

Yeah,..it's really neat talking to a guy who knows The Guy....like Pete, I'm curious as to what BS does "off work"....knitting? Butterfly collecting?
C'mon, Tommy...give us some dirt! What a Face
Rob
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 1:20 pm

Well.............I'd never open that door too far, but what I will say is that Brian is as "down to Earth" as he appears to be. He is 110% genuine. Born rocker, hard worker, loyal friend, in every way possible he's been the big Brother I never had. No kiddin.

2 things I'll let you in on that you never read about....he's a great baseball player AND.....you want to talk about funny? Brian has an incredible sense of humor. Even when the pressure is on....great wit.

The rest will be in our book-a-billy,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 1:26 pm

That sounds nice, hope I'll be able to talk to him in cologne
Back to top Go down
Flattop Rob

Flattop Rob

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 1:47 pm

TommyM wrote:
....he's a great baseball player

Aahhhh...one of my other passions!

Quote :
The rest will be in our book-a-billy

Pray tell!?

Rob
Back to top Go down
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 5:55 pm

Hey Tommy man, you got class.
The way you answered this cat
Back to top Go down
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 5:56 pm

Oh and I got a small request: would people *please* stop referring to Brian as BS.
That erm... well, you know what I mean!
Back to top Go down
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 6:06 pm

Hellvis wrote:
Oh and I got a small request: would people *please* stop referring to Brian as BS.
That erm... well, you know what I mean!
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ledzeppelin92
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 7:32 pm

Hey Tommy,
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Living in the public eye can't be easy. Maybe we'll learn him cricket if they come down!
Just one question that burns in my mind though, did he or you ever think he'd get to were he is now? I have a radio interview of them when they where in Brisbane (did hear that Kid!) and Brian said he really didn't know what he'd do if he weren't playing music. For the record, Lee said he'd work with small children and Jim said he'd been a full time dreamer!
Again I appreciate anything, and I respect his/your privacy as we all do ours, cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
burner1

burner1

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 11:17 pm

Hey Tommy,
great info on Brian. I met him after a few shows over the years (Rant and Rave tour, Knife Feels Like Justice, and some early BSO). He never fails to show his genuine humility and appreciation to us fans. Definitely not a surprise to hear you speak so well of him. As far as the baseball thing, from what I remember he is a Mets fan... unless he's leaning towards the Twins these days.

PS... Greetings to all. I've been looking in on the Forum for quite a while. A buddy of mine told me that was called "lurking." It sounded pretty creepy so I figured I should register! You all seem like a great bunch of people with a very cool common spirit. It's a pleasure to join in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnersrock.com
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 3:49 am

On vaguely related note..do you play guitar yourself Tommy and have you ever jammed with Brian - if so how did you feel you compared? (Yes I know I started a thread re this a few weeks ago but no harm in asking again!)
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 5:17 am

Welcome to the club Burner!

Nutter, I play a bit for my own amusement. I've never actually jammed with Brian. That's probably because whenever we're hanging out together and he picks up a guitar I lose my head and start asking him to play riffs and leads that I love...like, "Bri, play the solo from "I Won't Stand In Your Way", or play the into from "Knife Feels Like Justice". C'mon.....do "Dig Dirty Doggie"!! ....."Crazy Mixed Up Kid"!!" Yeah, I'm insufferable like that. So no, we never jammed, but we have sang together a few times. "Love My Way" by Psychedelic Furs is a fave and our harmonies on "Hand in Glove" by the Smiths really need to be recorded at some point. I mean, just so our kids can enjoy it when we're gone.....

Smile

Thank God It's Friday.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 5:22 am

Awww that's awesome!

I never knew the sun shone out of your behind T?.. Razz

I'll never think of getting a sun tan in the same way again..

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Cool Irish Cat

Cool Irish Cat

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 5:50 am

cheers Yeah Squire Maguire, Thank God it's Friday. I would love to hear Brian and your good self covering any Smiths song, I love their music. I'll tell ya Brian must really love a challenge coz to be able to cover a Smiths song would take some Ba**s I'd say they were probably the most difficult band to cover, especially they way Morrisey sang. I'm leaving it at that coz I don't want to turn this into a Morrissey/Smith Forum, I like them but no-one can beat the Cats.

By the way Carbon, ya can't complain about the weather recently, it is boiling hot and the secenery if afr better, if ya know what I mean.

There goes a kitten, I'm smitten.............

Liam
Back to top Go down
http://liam.mathews@delni.gov.uk
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:27 am

TommyM wrote:
and our harmonies on "Hand in Glove" by the Smiths really need to be recorded at some point. I mean, just so our kids can enjoy it when we're gone.....
How weird... I was listening to Singles on the way into work this morning...

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:37 am

Tommy. I most say that you do a great work here and with the setz.com. Happy Friday!
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:39 am

Thanks Bob. I gotta tell YOU that I really dig that tattoo on your avatar. Great line work. Like that it's black and white as well.
Cheers,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:50 am

Thanks! The tattoo work look fantastic in real live, The artist is the singer/tattooartist and close friend in this rocking trio! www.smalltownpimps.com
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 11:58 am

Bob, Great stuff! The colours on that website are amazing. So many great artists out there these days.

Take care,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 12:06 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW ! I wouldn't have EVER guessed that Brian even liked the Smiths ! JEEEEZUS ! I LOVE THAT MAN ! I am so suprised ! DAMN BRIANS COOL =)~~ Thats cool as hell. Brian singing a Smiths song ! WOW ! WOW ! WOW ! 2 BANDS THAT I ADORE ! WOW !
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 12:12 pm

Wooooooooooooooooooo Nelly! Just because I said that Brian and I have traded verses while crooning the Smiths' first single, does not mean to implicate or incinerate that Brian is insomuch a "fan" of the Smiths furthermore that's never been substantiated with happenstance in these times.

Your charming friend,
Tommy Lords Club
Back to top Go down
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 1:25 pm

TommyM wrote:

whenever we're hanging out together and he picks up a guitar I lose my head and start asking him to play riffs and leads that I love...like, "Bri, play the solo from "I Won't Stand In Your Way", or play the into from "Knife Feels Like Justice". C'mon.....do "Dig Dirty Doggie"!! ....."Crazy Mixed Up Kid"!!" Yeah, I'm insufferable like that.

Tommy

Mmm, I believe this thread should now turn into "What does Brian think of Tommy?"
Back to top Go down
Flattop Rob

Flattop Rob

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 1:34 pm

Tommy...are you a close family friend of Setzer's? An old school chum? Just curious of your relation to him, no big deal.... Smile
Rob
Back to top Go down
AussieSam

AussieSam

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:24 pm

Its easy to understand why your such a close friend to Brian, mate, even if someone tried not to be your pal they'd fail. Your one in a billion Tommy, Brians lucky and most importantly so are we!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! EmptySat May 10, 2008 2:22 am

Awwww!!..I love this forum! Very Happy

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!   C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth! Empty

Back to top Go down

C'mon Tommy, tell us the truth!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next