A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Why No New CD?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaybird

PostSubject: Why No New CD?   Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:17 pm

The Rockabilly scene is thriving now, The Cats have toured twice in the last few years so isn't it time they gave us loyal fans a new CD? I'd be made up to be able to buy a new Stray Cats CD Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rockabillyfever.com/jay
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: I SECOND THAT !   Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:43 am

I AGREE . Tommy, ... Is it true that they dont plan on touring anymore because of issues with promoters ? RIDCULUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now the whole "Rockabilly " scene is at an all time high , WHO IN THIER RIGHT MIND WOULDNT WANT TO PROMOTE THE STRAY CATS RIGHT NOW ! If there was EVER a time to give it a try Its now ! I just cant believe this , totally dissapointing =( Is there ANY chance AT ALL in a future tour , or even possibly a new cd ? God WHAT A WASTE not to see those cats together anymore. When you have the type of talent, and checmistry that those 3 men have when they are on a stage playing together, Its just painful to know that they wont ever give it a try again ! Can you just IMAGINE what kind of comeback THAT WOULD BE ? I hope they reconcider something like this. God ! CAN YOU JUST IMAGINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A comeback , RIGHT NOW would be nothing short of PURE GENIUS !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ufopsi

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:55 am

Absolutely agree. Cats need a new album.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ufopsi.com
Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:01 pm

For the little I understood reading Brian's interview, the problem is not to find promoters. It seems that Brian is not feeling about spend two years on the road making gigs & promos of a new Stray Cats album...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:41 am

Well he should think about it ! I can only imagine how well it would pay off if they did. I think it would be worth his while if they would only give it a try . Ide bet anything in the world, that if they were to actually do it , Sparks would fly ! There could not be a better time to make a comeback then right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Stray Cat Lover on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:56 am

Hmmm, I always wondered that since the 2004 reunion!
But I am afraid that they will do it the easiest way... recording a live show ;-)
They should play "Mystery Train kept a Rollin" live, wouldnt it be nice?? Above all, that's their latest studio song, and it should be performed live, at least as a novelty
Back to top Go down
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:20 pm

Last edited by Stray Cat Lover on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brett

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Stray Cat Lover wrote:
That would be AWSOME !!!!!!!!! I am tryin to find out if there is any way that the fans can start a website or something like that to get other fans opinions about a comeback ,

Hi Stray cat Lover,

maybe i misunderstood you,
but isn`t here the place you looking for? confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:13 pm

Ummmm, Yes and no... I am talking about a seperate page litterally with a petition to be signed on it. I hardly doubt that Tommy is going to change this forum into a petition signing page ... ya dig?

Last edited by Stray Cat Lover on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SwanseaCity

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 pm

Would the Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge site be what you are after?

http://www.hoodoovoodoolounge.com/MB/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:37 am

howz a petition going to get anything going?

Probably more a factor of money, new material, promotion, schedules and existing projects.

Although I gottta think fan support is probably encouraging.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.HoodooVoodooLounge.com
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:46 am

Exactlly , to maybe encourage them and maybe give them some kind of incentive ! To even get them to start concidering it ! Then possibly present it to them to show just how much we wanna see them / hear them together again ! You never know , just by puttin it in thier ear might start to get them thinking . I think Its important anyway that they know just how much they are still liked after all these years Maybe when they see how much a new Stray Cats cd would sell then it would at least be worth thier while as far as spending money and promotions go & stuff .... Im Just goin for a long shot here, but Ill try anything to wake the beast ! Twisted Evil

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:04 am

Yeah , the existing project thing Im SURE plays a huge role . Each of them DO have diffrent commitments now =(.... Oh well, like I said, you just never know ! Even just a concert ya know. if they cant go drastic, and reunite, or make a new album at least give us loyal loving fans who have supported them since thier begining a good old fashioned Strat Cats concert ... I wonder if Brian ever gets on here just to see what people are sayin about him... The world may never know ! Wouldnt that be great if he did though. *=)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:54 pm

I'd love to hear a new cats Album but I'd only want it if Setzer and the guys feel it should be so. The best stuff thats come out of the Setzer machine is from him just doing whatever he feels like doing at the time. If he feels he should close the tour with the classics than by god let it be, there are plenty of them and the live performances are so different everytime they're like new songs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:59 am

I totally agree with what everyone is saying and I said in one of my other posts that, now would probably be the best time in years to HIT the scene big time instead of finishing it all. The stray cats have a massive and very loyal fan base all over the world,and there is proof in the pudding when you try to get a hold of their old stuff or even new stuff for that matter,it is in such big demand that you just cant get hold of it.I recently tried to buy some bits I had'nt got from ebay and stood no chance unless I paid well over the odds for it (have'nt got the money at moment ,or would have carried on bidding)
They would really hit the big time again,with no problem(They could be even bigger this time around than before)
I cant see the point in finishing some thing that they worked so hard to make great,and I think it is something great and all the fans do too.
Please reconsider and maybe have a poll or vote or anything to keep the Stray cats going for a while longer.
The thing is, cats cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat have nine lives and The Stray Cats aint used all theirs YET!
Take Care
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
radiationsteve

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:12 pm

jaybird wrote:
The Rockabilly scene is thriving now, The Cats have toured twice in the last few years so isn't it time they gave us loyal fans a new CD? I'd be made up to be able to buy a new Stray Cats CD Shocked

I think there's no time left for that......
If Stray Cats are actually going to be doing a 'farewell tour' why would they want to record a new cd?
This is goodbye to europe, not hello again. I understand your frustration Jaybird, but it's been 14 years since their last studio album! I don't think the Cats owe the fans anything. Yes, we'd all love them to record one more album, but think of the pressure of that? It would be compared with 'Stray 1', and 'built for speed' and other classic albums. What if they can't spend enough time together to come up with another 'Stray Cat Strut' or 'Runaway Boys'? New albums never go down as well as songs that we've got to love after 20 years. And if they did record one before the final tours, what would you rather hear, 'How long you wanna live? or a new song that you might not know all the words too? On other posts people have said all the songs that they would like Stray Cats to play. Even if they played all these rare songs different every night not all of them could be played as well as the 'hit' records. So i would say that getting the band together, figuring out what songs to do, and at what venues, is probably going to be enough for now. But a farewell song specially composed for the tour would be awesome! So maybe there is time for a farewell cd single?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:17 pm

Steve,we've had lots of cd's,if you count all the live one's from Euro tour of 2004!
But yeah a new studio album,would be cool.

Stray Cats and friends,come rock with us.

Wee Mark. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dorsetsmartarse

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:45 pm

It's totally unthinkable ..., the end of the stray cats .
NO NO NO...it cant be !!!!!![b]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:59 pm

Nice Idea Radiationsteve (a farewell song) that would be brill,maybe even a sort of medley of their old songs with a bit of new input,similar to Gene and Eddie.
Carbon Cat UK cat cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:49 pm

Why no new CD ? Because the band is over since a long time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaybird

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:08 pm

Setzerado wrote:
Why no new CD ? Because the band is over since a long time...

What utter drivel, there's a massive Rockabilly following now, a lot of younger people getting into it just as there was in the early 80's, hence why these tours are happening. Anything that Setzer puts his name too Sells.

Just for the record I created this thread before I knew about the tour, as for the band being over, thats leaves me LMAO lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rockabillyfever.com/jay
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why No New CD?   

Back to top Go down

Why No New CD?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: CATS DISCUSSION-
Jump to: