The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Stray Cats Album?

Go down 
+15
rickabilly
Flattop Rob
bogusbill
scatcatcnut
Patrick
juice3
Setzerado
Hellvis
rockabilly guy
MEMPHISSUN
laurent327
ArtVandelay
SwanseaCity
PICKIN' PETE
Davy Jones
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rickabilly

rickabilly

Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 11:21 am

Easy does it, Setzerado. Juice is entitled to his opinion, just as you are entitled to yours. If Juice feels Elvis On Velvet and Can't Go Back to Memphis aren't strong songs for him, so be it. We can all be Setzer fans without having to bow down and blindly worship everything he records. I will say that those two tunes have a sound that strays a bit out of the rockabilly comfort zone. I happen to love that about those tunes, but I can see where it would not appeal to those who favor a more straight-ahead rockabilly sound.

By the way, I like the "Setzerado" name. I can't wait to visit that magical land 25 days from now, when the BSO claims Aspen for the new state of Setzerado.

Setzer-aska-billy (See, it doesn't work with all 50 US states - Setzerado, however, is very cool)
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:21 pm

rickabilly wrote:
By the way, I like the "Setzerado" name. I can't wait to visit that magical land 25 days from now, when the BSO claims Aspen for the new state of Setzerado.

Setzer-aska-billy (See, it doesn't work with all 50 US states - Setzerado, however, is very cool)
Is it state-related or just a variation on 'desperado'? Personally, I thought it was the latter until you wrote that.

Kitty with 2¢...
cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:32 pm

When I hear the word "Desperado," I specifically think of a wretched cover of the Eagles song by Joe Walsh that turned up on a Ringo tour a few years back.

I've decided that Setzerado is a State of Mind, just slightly left of reality, where I often find my happy place.

Why Don't You Come to Your Senses-billy
Back to top Go down
Flattop Rob

Flattop Rob

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:55 pm

Choo Choo is now on it's way to my mailbox.... Very Happy
Rob
Back to top Go down
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Congratulations on adding a gem to your collection Rob!

Tell us what you think once you've listened to it, okay?
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:50 pm

Apparently, I don't have enough Setzer on the brain (or is it brian?). I just got the Desperado reference regarding the Antonio Banderas film in which Malagueña is featured.

Much-ra-do-'bout-nothin'-billy
Back to top Go down
Flattop Rob

Flattop Rob

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:31 pm

Hellvis wrote:

Will do! Very Happy
Rob
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2008 10:36 am

rickabilly wrote:
Apparently, I don't have enough Setzer on the brain (or is it brian?). I just got the Desperado reference regarding the Antonio Banderas film in which Malagueña is featured.

Much-ra-do-'bout-nothin'-billy
You amuse me, Mr. Rick Wink

cat
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2008 10:43 am

WildCat wrote:

He amuses you HOW?? Tell me HOW he amuses you??

Tommy DeVito-billy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Sorry but it's just a variation from "Silverado", a real/false western just as Brian Setzer first solo album "The Knife Feels Like Justice"
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:53 pm

Budgie wrote:
WildCat wrote:

He amuses you HOW?? Tell me HOW he amuses you??

Tommy DeVito-billy
Even though you butchered the quote... the answer is "like a clown". geek

cat
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 1:01 pm

WildCat wrote:
Even though you butchered the quote... the answer is "like a clown".

Bahhh!!! That movie was grossly overrated anyways!!

Budgie Batts
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Budgie wrote:
WildCat wrote:
Even though you butchered the quote... the answer is "like a clown".

Bahhh!!! That movie was grossly overrated anyways!!

Budgie Batts
You'll get no argument from me on that assessment.

cat
Back to top Go down
Flattop Rob

Flattop Rob

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 3:25 pm

Hellvis wrote:

Well, folks...CD arrived, I listened, verdict is in: One of THE BEST Stray Cats albums I have EVER heard! An eclectic mixture of signature styles...you can hear the "older" Cats in there, and also a foreshadowing of the BSO....I'm glad you guys talked me into buying that one...it is now on my "most favored" CD list!
Rob
(PS....and the "Sleepwalk" version on this CD is definately the best, in my humble opinion! Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 4:59 pm

I'm happy for you Rob! And thanks for letting us know what you think of it, it's always nice to hear (well in this case read) what someone thinks of an album they just bought and you've been listening to for like 16 years.

And I agree with just about everything you said about it! Definitely one of my favourite Setzer-related record.
Back to top Go down
juice3

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 3:35 am

Yep...I also like this Sleepwalk version,it´s best...Jade Idol is great also...and cry baby:What a great song!!!
Back to top Go down
Shinya

Shinya

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Naturally it is ... that I like the first album

The album which I like in particular is "RANT N'RAVE" and "Choo Choo Hot Fish".
"Too Hip Gotta Go" is splendid. However, it is difficult to sing because an interval is high.
In "Choo Choo Hot Fish", "Cry Baby" and "My Heart Is a Liar" are particularly good.

Shinya
Back to top Go down
http://1st.geocities.jp/rms_nakai/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stray Cats Album?   Favorite Stray Cats Album? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Stray Cats Album?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2