The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I think....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike

Mike

I think.... Empty
PostSubject: I think....   I think.... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 3:42 pm

I really think that the cats should play mystery train kept a rollin on this tour....

Thats just what I think.

And no offense to Brian, but Lee should sing more.

again just me thinkin again, trying not to hurt myself
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

I think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think....   I think.... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 4:08 pm

I love that tune. But would the Jordanaire-type backup vocals translate as well live with just the three of them? Maybe. I know Slim Jim's more into bangin' and a-yellin' than singin'. And the richness of the over-dubbed backup vocals is a key element of that song for me. Maybe Dave Edmunds could show up at a few of the gigs. There are plenty of Stay Cats tunes where the acoustic rhythm guitar seems indispensible on the record, and the songs are perfectly fine in concert without it.

Lee definitely has a decent voice. I have often thought that if Lee, Brian, and Jim decided to record an album today, Lee's songwriting and vocals are strong enough that his contributions would need to be bigger than the token "one track for Ringo" every other album. But let's not get too carried away. Even at 49, Brian Setzer is still THE premier vocal talent in the band.

Of course, the Stray Cats records we know and love gave 95% of the leads to Brian, and since most of the fans want to hear the hits, Lee would get 2-3 songs at the most, and just about no one would cry foul. Lee did take the lead on Bring It Back Again in 2007, and on Rock Therapy in 2004.

It would be interesting to see Lee and Brian tour as sort of a Gene-n-Eddie package down the road. Lee could do his thing, Brian could do his thing, then they could close the show together. Brian could be Cliff Gallup to Lee's Gene Vincent. Although I would feel ripped off if Lee and Brian were together and Lee sang Double Talkin' Baby...

On second thought, that's a bad idea. They're two great artists who deserve their own spotlight. And that, in a nutshell, probably explains in part why this is a farewell tour.

Double Talkin'-billy
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

I think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think....   I think.... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 4:31 pm

I hope they do my baby left me like on the rumble in brixton dvd. I love Lee's voice. I also hope they do ubangi stomp. Love the screamin!

45 more days until they hit here in the OC!!!!!!! affraid affraid affraid Im kinda wondering if they'll make a surprise appearance at the Hootenanny on July 5th. That would be wayyyyy tooooo coooool!!

Cant wait! bounce bounce

PPK cat cherry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
Mike

Mike

I think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think....   I think.... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 4:45 pm

after the last time they did the hoot brian said he would never do it again
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

I think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think....   I think.... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 6:30 pm

Mike wrote:
after the last time they did the hoot brian said he would never do it again

Is there some back story on that? Having been to a few Hoots (but sadly, missing the one the Cats played), I imagine it would be the impetus for "Really Rockabilly" but I've been out of the loop for a while so don't know anything!
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
Mike

Mike

I think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think....   I think.... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 6:34 pm

If I am not mistaken Brian was very dissatisfied with the promoters and more importantly the grief security gave his son when trying to get to stage to see Brian play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think....   I think.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I think....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: CATS DISCUSSION-
Jump to: