The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??

Go down 
+8
ArtVandelay
BradyLS
Davy Jones
Gloria
BluesSinger212
donpepe
Hellvis
Setzerado
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Setzerado

Setzerado

...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? Empty
PostSubject: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 6:07 pm

Let's talk about the BSO sleeves. Which one is your favourite ?
We just talk about the sleeve, no matter what you think about the album.
Personally, mine is Guitar Slinger in the "original version", I mean the Japanese sleeve from september 1995.
Anyway, I feel better with a pix (1st, 2nd and 7th album) than with a drawing even if there are really great ones on the 4 albums concerned...
Back to top Go down
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 6:26 pm

Usually I prefer real pics too but The Dirty Boogie cover is my fave.
Guitar Slinger would be second but in its US/UK/EU form.

Last edited by Hellvis on Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 10:44 am

Guitar Slinger is the one.
Back to top Go down
BluesSinger212

BluesSinger212

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:00 pm

For me, it'd have to be the Dirty Boggie sleeve, although I kinda dig the characture of Brian as Santa from the X-Mas albums. I cannot tell you HOW many times I've must have drawn the face-less cat in the foreground and used that style font of the logo. To me, that image is EXACTLY what I picture during "Hollywood Nocturn". The funny thing about that sleeve is, I dislike the color green...unless it's Dark Highland Green Wink As far as the solo stuff goes, it has to be "13".

Wink
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:38 pm

BSO covers:

Dig That Crazy Christmas.

But, my very favorite Setzer album cover is Live Nude Guitars. It's just....sexy! I also love the cover for Nitro Burnin' Funny Daddy.
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 5:27 pm

Well, although I'm partial to the cartoon/caricature covers, I think my favorite is actually the sleeve from the 1st album. I've always thought the portrait of Brian was reminiscent of Jules Verne's literary character "Dorian Gray". Plus, you have a Gibson guitar, sheet music score, dice, and a candlestick completing the image. To me, it's a really intriguing and nicely done cover sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 5:48 pm

I've been hesitatin' between Guitar Slinger & the first album sleeve. This portrait fascinates me since the first time I saw it, may be as the Stray Cats first album sleeve !
Back to top Go down
BluesSinger212

BluesSinger212

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 8:48 pm

Not only does GS have great sleeve work, I think it has the BEST and most interesting layout of all of the albums. The sleeve unfolded into seven or eight pages, you had cool pictures and I personally like the roughness of the layout, with the lyrics scribbled and the photo proofs being circled and what-not. I just LOVE that album in general. I still think the most influential album, for me anyways, was the DB album with the "faceless man of mystery". I had completely forgot about the BSO album, as I only had the cassette and the layout wasn't as exciting.

Wink
Back to top Go down
BradyLS

PostSubject: Dirty Boogie, then Vavoom!   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 2:29 am

Dirty Boogie and Vavoom! Those were my first two BSO albums. Guess they stuck.
Back to top Go down
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 2:59 am

I like this one because of the sled. ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? Boogie_woogie_christmas
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ledzeppelin92
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 5:38 pm

First Album

Nuff said

mx
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 8:41 pm

Gotta agree Mike. Followed closely by the Japanese "Guitar Slinger".

...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? 51SV2VJ124L._SL500_AA240_
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 3:01 am

The Dirty boogie cover by Sir Richard Wenthworth, And what a killer album!
Back to top Go down
BluesSinger212

BluesSinger212

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 9:40 pm

Does he have a website or anything?

Wink
Back to top Go down
guitar_slinger_6120

guitar_slinger_6120

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 7:48 pm

I agree with Tommy and I wish there were more pics from the Guitar Slinger Era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??   ...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

...And Your Fav' BSO Sleeve ??
Page 1 of 1