The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Live shows on DVD

Go down 
+16
danie
stray matt
rickabilly
donpepe
Chris_rocket
Vinny
sidelakebob
jaybird
marycat
BabyBlooEyes
carboncat
Setzerado
Michael69
masbirras
ratpack
brett
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brett

brett

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Hello Folks,

could anybody tell me how many live shows are available on DVD?
I know the Japan Show of 2001, this BSO Show from 1995(?), and the Stray Cats "Rumble in Brixton".

Thanks and let it rock...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
ratpack

ratpack

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 3:10 pm

Hey! Those three plus the "Christmas Extravaganza" are the only ones I know of. I'm hoping they put out one of the Nashvillains!
Back to top Go down
masbirras

masbirras

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 4:16 pm

There is too: One Rockin´ Night: The BSO. 1.992 show
Back to top Go down
Michael69

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 10:06 am

Brett:

Take a look at "One Rockin Night" from the Montreal Jazz festival 1995. Brian with his big Gibson Super 400! It's gorgeous. IMO this is the best Live DVD of the BSO available.
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 10:18 am

Michael69 wrote:
Brett:

Take a look at "One Rockin Night" from the Montreal Jazz festival 1995. Brian with his big Gibson Super 400! It's gorgeous. IMO this is the best Live DVD of the BSO available.

yes, i know this show.
it`s great,
you`re mean route 66 with the gibson. yes, awesome.
This show is more wild (and the jackets of the Bandmembers are funny... Laughing)
Brian with a beer on stage, a sax-player is smoking a cigarette...Rock`n Roll... Cool

That`s why i asked, is there more available from the past.

@Masbirras: Hi, i think we both talking about the same show.
when i wrote my post, i forgot the name of "one rockin night", Embarassed
i was at the office... : Sleep

greetings Brett
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
masbirras

masbirras

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 10:28 am

I´m sorry, you´re right. That´s the same Dvd. I looked at the backside of the dvd and the first date i saw was 1992, but that´s no the date of the concert.
I´ve bought another one but I think it´s not an official one because the quality is not like the other ones.
I´ll look for it and I´ll tell you. It includes two shows with Bso trio.
Back to top Go down

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 11:45 am

Right,
these are the DVDs available

BSO
Live In Japan (Akasaka Blitz, Tokyo 2.22.01)
Christmas Extravaganza (Gibson Amphitheatre, Los Angeles 12.18.04)
One Rockin Night (Spectrum, Montreal, Canada 6.30.95)

STRAY CATS
Rumble In Brixton (Brixton Academy, London 7.17.04)
Back to top Go down
masbirras

masbirras

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 12:02 pm

Jon: Thank you for "poner orden" (I don´t Know how to soy...)
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 7:43 am

About the Stray Cats, you have "Rock Paris", "Rock Detroit" (1989) and "Rock Tokyo" (1990).
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 2:50 pm

I have got rock tokyo but cant get the other two. Are they hard to get a hold of?

Many Thanks Smile Smile Smile
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
BabyBlooEyes

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Live DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 4:52 pm

Hi Guys n Gals

There is also a DVD available called 'This Country's Rockin' It was originally released on video as part of a series of live acts using the 'This Country's Rockin' title. My dvd copy is on the same disk as a Johnny Kidd and the Pirates concert ' Live at Dingwalls' I have seen it on amazon.co.uk just pop 'pirates' in the search box and it comes up 5th, bit pricey tho !!!

keep rockin' cat cat cat
Back to top Go down
masbirras

masbirras

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 pm

I have that dvd and it´s incredible how many people is there...
Back to top Go down
marycat

marycat

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Some years back, a fan nicknamed "blackpants" had some live recordings of the trial runs of '68 Comeback Special. I think they were recorded at shows in California. I would LOVE to get copies of those again; I had an apartment fire and they got burned up! Sad They were just CD's, though.
Back to top Go down
jaybird

jaybird

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 8:59 pm

I used to have on video 2 Stray Cat concerts at the Rockpalast one is in 1981, the other 83, but I lost them Sad the 81 show is dynamite, this is how it opens....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPshffbyYQM
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/jay
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 4:08 pm

Thanks for that one Jaybird! We also have a vhs "stray tracks" from 1985 an Arista video produktion.
Back to top Go down
Vinny

Vinny

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 4:16 pm

There is also a video of Stray Cats at the US Festival. It was floating around in the Hoodoovoodoo Lounge, I'm not sure if i still have it or not.
Back to top Go down
Chris_rocket

Chris_rocket

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Blast off   Live shows on DVD EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm

I've got one great video with the cats live from helsinki 1989 when Setzer's wearing a cool bright yellow western costume.. Great show!
Back to top Go down
donpepe

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:03 am

The show came out in finnish tv network, also available in bootleg vinyl. I have that show on vhs tape.
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:10 pm

I have that vinyl, Never heard of the tv-show. Donpete do you know if it is possible to order it from the finnish television?

Last edited by sidelakebob on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
donpepe

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 2:37 pm

No, I don't think so, they sell only some age old finnish sitcoms, heh heh.

Pity, I don't have the equipment to transfer it to dvd. I also have the Lorelei gig
from Germany (80's) plus some random SC & BSO stuff from europe and japan.

Couple of years ago I asked one finnish tv music producer about BSO gig in Pori jazz festival in 90's
.They taped and filmed it but could not broadcast it because there was some problems with the
audio part, it's still in their vaults though or so he said.
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 2:46 pm

donpepe wrote:

Pity, I don't have the equipment to transfer it to dvd. I also have the Lorelei gig

Couple of years ago I asked one finnish tv music producer about BSO gig in Pori jazz festival in 90's
.They taped and filmed it but could not broadcast it because there was some problems with the

Since Lennon/McCartney's "Got to Get You Into My Life" is part of that Pori Jazz setlist, I wonder if there would be some hefty licensing money involved to get that released. (But if someone gets the audio to Tommy for the Music Player, I promise not to tell Michael Jackson, whose company Sony/ATV owns the Lennon/McCartney catalog!)

All You Need Is Cash-a-billy
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 2:53 pm

donpepe wrote:

Thanks for info Donpepe. Somewhere i have a vhs from a swedish tv-show, all the way back to 1981 or 82.
Back to top Go down
donpepe

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:07 pm

It must be the Mångagsbörsen show? I remember that tv show, it was broadcasted over here in finland too.
Back to top Go down
donpepe

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:11 pm

rickabilly wrote:
I wonder if there would be some hefty licensing money involved to get that released.

I don't think so, the guy said the the BSO contract fee included taping of a one show or sumptin
like that. He said there was something wrong with the tv audio mixing console, the sound was distorted .He also said it was a very good show Mad Damn!
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 4:47 pm

donpepe wrote:
It must be the Mångagsbörsen show? I remember that tv show, it was broadcasted over here in finland too.

Yes it is! Hell we are old..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Live shows on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live shows on DVD   Live shows on DVD Empty

Back to top Go down

Live shows on DVD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next