The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Place for us Cheeseheads!

Go down 
+2
Hot Rod Girl
Bear85
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bear85

Bear85

A Place for us Cheeseheads! Empty
PostSubject: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:03 am

Hey Tommy,

Thanks for making a non-Setzer space! I actually felt kind of guilty talking about stuff that really had no tie to The Brian - now I have a dispensation!

So anyway, Burner, some Aaron Rodgers news (for the uninitiated, he's Favre's heir apparent as quarterback for the Packers). There was a rumor going around that he was getting married last weekend, but he was just atending someone else's wedding. Also, he cut his hair, which was pretty long. (Fascinating stuff, isn't it? Is this the kind of 'news' the British tabloids run about the Beckhams?)

HRG, how's it going down there at the 'foot of the lake'?

Rock on,
Bear85
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:55 am

Hey all!

Yep, Rodgers got a haircut. I read today that he was contemplating a mullet. At least the guy has a sense of humor.

Things are starting to dry out here a bit. The piles of stuff that people have placed on the side of the street for bulky pick up are amazing. And then there are people going through it and taking things....ick. Most of it is ruined with sewage, and the porous stuff can't be cleaned thouroughly. Blech No

Watch, the rest of the summer we'll be in a drought....

Take care,
Hrg
Back to top Go down
burner1

burner1

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:42 pm

Hey, thanks for the Packer update! I actually heard about the Rodgers wedding story - maybe CNN's sports coverage? Looks like he'll be under the microscope for a while. Today's bit was that Favre was pulling out of a celebrity golf tourney, so they were checking to see if the dates lined up with Packer training dates.
I'm so glad you all made out okay with the storms/flooding. That was surreal stuff to see on the tv.

PS... I never maximize the screen when the forum pops up, I almost missed the new catagories.
That'll teach me to be lazy! I'll keep checking for my updates Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnersrock.com
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 5:35 pm

Oh Boy....ESPN is reporting that Favre has an "itch" to get back into the game. Whaddya folks think about this one? Just another rumor, or a little bit of truth to it? I wonder if Rodgers will ever be able to step out of the giant shadow of Favre. Maybe if he takes GB all the way to the superbowl this year, but I'm afraid that anything short of that will leave him lingering in Favre's shadow.

Things that make you go hmmmmm,
hrg
Back to top Go down
burner1

burner1

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 10:55 am

I'd be REALLY surprised if Favre came back.
Even if he does have the itch, the moment he started the physical work to get back into shape he'd probably think, "What am I doing???"
If he does come back and we do not win the Super Bowl, it will be far worse than if he hadn't announced retirement and got the same result. Hopefully Brett can relax and enjoy many years being loved and respected as our generation's Bart Starr.
As sad as it was to see him retire, I think it's time to get behind Rodgers and look towards the new season.
The reports do help to get through the offseason, don't they?
Back to top Go down
BlastOff

BlastOff

PostSubject: #4   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Finally, some Packer talk!

Favre has 2 years left on his contract. If he wants to return, he has to submit a letter of re-instatement to the Packers. That letter would be reviewed by a committee and a decision would be made. He is on 'inactive' status right now, meaning he is a member of the team but he isn't paid a salary.

It's completely up to him. If he submits that letter, there's no way the team will say no.

Unfortunately, I saw on ESPN this morning that Favre has called the speculation of his return "a complete rumor".

So, to recap: It's possible, but unlikely.

In the mean time, we can all sit back and remember the good times, and thank God for creating Brett Favre. Or thank Brett Favre for creating God, as I'm pretty sure Brett Favre is the Alpha & Omega, the King of Kings.

A Place for us Cheeseheads! Brettfavrevsvikings1111qx1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samkieffer
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 5:53 pm

Interesting. I didn't realize that he still had 2 years left on his contract. I know that there are plans for GB to retire #4 during the Sept. 8th game. What would happen if they retire his number, and then for some strange reason, he decides that he's going to come out of retirement....does GB un-retire the #4?

Honestly, I don't see Favre coming back. But it is fun to think about.

Very Happy
hrg
Back to top Go down
stray matt

stray matt

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 6:49 pm

I like the shirt he's got on his back were could I buy that
nice colours emerald green and yellow cool!!!
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 10:52 pm

stray matt wrote:
I like the shirt he's got on his back were could I buy that
nice colours emerald green and yellow cool!!!

Stray Matt,

Half the kids (and by "kids", I mean from the age of 0 up to, oh, about 94) in Wisconsin have one of those in their closet! Try looking at packers.com - I'm sure they'd have something there for you.

As for the alleged unretirement: this is just as he said it would be. He said when he retired that he was sure he'd miss it when the season rolled around. As for the recent flare-up in the press, who knows how that started? Some guy from ESPN probably heard some 'experts' on a radio call-in show, and decided to turn it into a story.
Back to top Go down
burner1

burner1

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Oh boy... looks like this is for real; and from the Packers' official statement they don't want him back.
As bad as I felt when Favre retired I feel like he's making a big mistake coming back (keeping in mind he hasn't said a word publicly).
Learning a new system and new teammates with 2 months bfore opening day is going to be draining; and what team in need of a QB is a better fit than the Pack?
This may be as sad as Reggie playing for Carolina.
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 2:49 pm

To say that I am disappointed with Favre is an understatement. To make this whole thing even worse, I read a report this morning that back in late March, Favre contacted the Pack with the intent of coming back. They chartered a plane to bring him back to GB for a press conference announcing that he was coming back, and then...he backed out. And now this.

In one of your earlier posts on this thread, Burner, you alluded to Favre as our generation's Bart Starr. That is (or I gues I should say WAS) such an apt description. It's hard for me to imagine a player in any sport, for any team, in the history of the world, having a better aura with the fans. (Another poster above had him pretty much walking on water, but I certainly wouldn't go that far.) Now it seems like he's squandered almost all of that good will. Of course, the GB Press-Gazette had an online poll this morning where 70% of the respondents still want him to come back as starter! Not this Packer fan.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Based on the team's statement, I don't think they will grant him a release. If he does have value on the market, they'd be crazy to not try to get something for him in a trade. But who would want to take on a 38-y.o. quarterback who's getting paid 13 million a year?

I think the saddest thing that could happen, even more sad than if he came back with another team and beat the Pack, would be if he suited up for whomever and then got injured. He doesn't seem to realize just how similar his occupation is to Russian roulette. It could all be over in one play. He had what so many people dream of - a graceful exit - and he blew it.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 3:05 pm

I'd have to agree...the Packers won't release him, he's way too valuable, especially if he's interested in still playing. But, for a qb, he is getting up there, and ya gotta admit, there were a couple of games (one that comes to mind will go unmentioned, except for there was a small snow storm during it), that Favre could've performed better. I couldn't help wondering if his age had something to do with it...

I think the guy doesn't quite know what to do with himself. He's had football to focus on for so many years (practically his whole life), and now he has time to be still, and it appears that it's not going too well for him. So he decides that he wants to come back. First in March, and again now. You're right Bear, he did have his chance for a graceful exit. He should have left well enough alone after his heartfelt goodbye interview.

Frankly, I'm excited to see what the Pack will do with Rodgers at the helm.

Question for those of you who "know"...
When you are still under contract with a club, can you accept a job as a coach or comentator? I suppose it would depend on the terms of the individual contract. But, maybe, just maybe, Favre is looking to be involved in another way. I dunno.

Take care,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:39 pm

I know this was kind of a dead thread, but I had to tell you what I just saw on GB TV (Fox 11).

The Milwaukee Journal is reporting that the Packers have offered Brett Favre 20 million dollars to NOT play (American) football.

You know, if they offered me 20 million, I wouldn't play football for them either!

Rock on,
Bear85
Back to top Go down
BlastOff

BlastOff

PostSubject: This thread   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:54 pm

THIS THREAD WILL NEVER DIE bounce

This is the only thing keeping me going in the world. I haven't heard those reports, but I'm getting on ESPN.com right now to see whats up.

Farve has to return, he has to. If he doesn't who else will take my prayers? God? Fat chance. Brett Farve is the Alpha & Omega.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samkieffer
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 1:34 pm

Just got back from vacation where there was no internet, and only one tv station. (we only watched for the weather report to see if we'd be water skiing, fishing, or playing board games the next day). And a week without the "Favre Watch" was a blessing in disguise! Now...back to reality, and the Pack is flying BF back into town. Holy smokes. What next?

I'd take 20 mil. not to play football, but I guess when you're Brett Favre, money doesn't matter anymore.

Take care,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:48 am

Boy, kind of funny to see where we were at two years ago! It was shortly after these posts were made that Brent became a shutterbug... affraid
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:48 am

Some things are better left never to be seen on film...

Laughing
hrg
Back to top Go down
PeroxideBlonde

PeroxideBlonde

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:56 am

Bear---
Can't believe it's been 2 years, can you? You're still looking good in your profile pic though! You haven't changed a bit!!
Wink
~nj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Place for us Cheeseheads!   A Place for us Cheeseheads! Empty

Back to top Go down

A Place for us Cheeseheads!
Page 1 of 1