The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?

Go down 
+21
webelvis
lmp
radioclash
rockabilly guy
hobson
Flatheadjack
sidelakebob
maybelline
ultradot
Webrider
Vinny
onefin
Buddyrocker
El Perro
SwanseaCity
therealdeal
PICKIN' PETE
Kid Setzer
andi
ArtVandelay
Gloria
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gloria

Gloria

Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? Empty
PostSubject: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 5:41 pm

Who is on your concert wish list of artists/bands you haven't seen live but would love to? Could be someone who is in rock and roll heaven, someone who doesn't tour anymore, someone who just hasn't come your way or any other excuse as to why you haven't seen them live.
Back to top Go down
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 5:45 pm

Good question. At the top of the list is definately Stevie Ray Vaughan-in rock n roll heaven though Sad (my favorite guitarist, and the best that willl ever be.), then Stray Cats and John Fogerty. I already have my tickets for the Stray Cats though all I need are tickets for John Fogerty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ledzeppelin92
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 5:56 pm

While I know I will enjoy the farewell show like nobody's business, I would love to have seen Stray Cats in the early 80's - but I'd want to be in my early 20's for it (I was only 8 in 1981. Yeah, so it's a totally impossible, made up fantasy. So?)

The Police in the early 80's. I didn't know about them until high school. I suppose I could've seen them in January of this year in Brisbane but wasn't about to pay hundreds of dollars to sit in a stadium and watch some rich guys get richer from the cheap seats (sorry, bit bitter about that)

Michael Jackson in the early 80's (there seems to be a trend here...)

Elvis in 1956.

The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show.

INXS, 1987.
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 6:37 pm

ArtVandelay wrote:
all I need are tickets for John Fogerty.

Go see him. You won't be disappointed!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 8:06 pm

Uhh..STRAY CATS!! Very Happy
Brian Setzer Orchestra
The Reverend Horton Heat
Johnny Cash
The Farrell Bros. (little band from Canada, check 'em out)
I don't know, just something really really huge like The Rolling Stones or something.. I've never been to a gig where there has been more than 1000 people there.. would just love to go to something HUGE, like stadium sized.. just for the experience...

I'm sure there are way more, but I need coffee..

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Rev. Horton Heat
Hillybilly Hellcats
Farrell Brothers.. good choice Kid...
Tiger Army
Lee Rocker solo
Cadillac Tramps
Mike Ness/Social Distortion
Dibbs Preston
The list is endless, thank God for the internet!
Really hard to see alot of bands in Adelaide as it must be cost prohibative for them
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 9:06 pm

Plus Pete, nobody wants to go to Adelaide Razz

Haha you know The Farrell Bros.?!! Wow the first Australian I know that knows them!! Yeah I really love their 'Rumble @ The Opry' album the most.. was just listening to it then actually Very Happy

Oh yeah, I forgot all the greats like Elvis and Eddie and Gene.. but I thought that was a given.. Laughing

Kid.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Yessir Kid, Farrell Brothers are great.
First heard them on the psychobilly tribute cd of Stray Cat songs, then on the psychobilly tribute cd of Clash songs (hey Tommy you heard that cd? I think Joe Strummer would have been happy with the renditions of his songs).
Maybe, just maybe, no one wants to come to Adelaide because I'm here? Maybe I should move to Brisbane?? How would ya like that? hahah!!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
therealdeal

therealdeal

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 9:33 pm

Hmm....
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
afro
The Hillbilly Hellcats
Back to top Go down
SwanseaCity

SwanseaCity

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 7:38 am

The Blue Cats
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 6:49 pm

Back in the mid-to-late 80s, the Rat Pack did a farewell tour. I had a chance to go but blew it off. Probably the biggest musical mistake I've ever made.

Haven't seen Dick Dale yet. I had a 3rd row ticket to see Liquid Tension Experiment at the end of this month ut had to sell it because I won't be in the country. That was probably my last opportunity to see them. A few other bands I'd like to see some day: Diablo Swing Orchestra, Legendary Shack Shakers, Los Straightjackets, Man or Astroman?, Praxis, Rage Against the Machine, Social Distortion, Southern Culture on the Skids, Alabama 3, John Fogerty, Tomoyasu Hotei

I'm sure there are about 20 more that I just can't recall right now.

But of course the king of all live shows I wish I'd seen was Elvis Presley in the mid 50s or in 61/62
Back to top Go down
Buddyrocker

Buddyrocker

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:31 pm

I would love to see "The Crickets" with Sonny Curtis.
Back to top Go down
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:37 pm

JOHNNY CASH
Back to top Go down
Vinny

Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:51 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Hmm....
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Oh, Check them out, they really know how to put on a show, Saw them last christmas, was one of the best shows ive seen in a long while
Back to top Go down
Webrider

Webrider

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 6:38 am

Union Avenue
Back to top Go down
ultradot

ultradot

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 7:43 am

Stray Cats
Rev Horton Heat

other than that i think i'm done, i've seen everybody else over the years ....
Back to top Go down
maybelline

maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 8:24 am

Tiger Army - I keep missing them when they come to Detroit Sad
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Elvis 56 and 68 but i was born 68.. I am so glad that i live in a time when i can see Brian live. king
Back to top Go down
Flatheadjack

Flatheadjack

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:56 pm

Stray Cats, BSO, Lee Rocker, The Mighty MIghty Bosstones, AC/DC, Led Zepp., Dead Kennedys, The Cramps, The Who, the Misfits,The Quakes,..... jsut to name a few.
Those of you who have not seen Reverned Horton Heat.. man that is a great show. THe best live player i have ever seen. Flawless. sounds perfect. I loved it. Oh yea and i would really love to see Hank Williams 3rd agian
Back to top Go down
hobson

hobson

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 4:44 pm

Maybelline, I saw Tiger Army open up for Morrissey a couple of years ago. They were really good. I've also seen Rev. Horton Heat numerous times. He used to come here to OKC several times a year--I guess because it's close to his hometown Dallas. He always puts on a rocker set. Go see him!
Back to top Go down
ultradot

ultradot

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 11:45 pm

atm i have to be content with playing my BSO, Stray Cats & Rev Horton Heat live dvds Smile
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:03 am

ultradot wrote:
atm i have to be content with playing my BSO, Stray Cats & Rev Horton Heat live dvds Smile

Haha I'm with ya on that one Ultradot! One night I had my RHH live DVD blaring out and the next day my neighbours actually asked me which band I had playing at my house and if I could get them to play at the party my neighbours were planning.. I was like 'Uhhh.. it was a DVD' Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
ultradot

ultradot

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:39 am

hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:58 am

Wheeee I am going to see Rev Horton Heat for the first time next month at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz CA http://www.catalystclub.com/
Back to top Go down
maybelline

maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:58 am

hobson wrote:
Maybelline, I saw Tiger Army open up for Morrissey a couple of years ago. They were really good. I've also seen Rev. Horton Heat numerous times. He used to come here to OKC several times a year--I guess because it's close to his hometown Dallas. He always puts on a rocker set. Go see him!

Thanks, Hobson - I will definitely check out the Rev Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?   Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which bands/artists HAVEN'T you seen that you want to?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next