The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi, I'm Bear85!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bear85

Bear85

Hi, I'm Bear85! Empty
PostSubject: Hi, I'm Bear85!   Hi, I'm Bear85! EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:05 pm

Hey everybody! I'd like to make a suggestion. Why not each have our own thread? That way, when a new person shows up, they can just search for our thread in the All About You room. Of course, we can still reply and have conversations like we always do, but we'll just try to keep a particular thread about a particular person. That's just my two cents...

As for my introduction: My name is Dave, I'm 41, and I live in Shawano (near Green Bay) in Wisconsin, USA, where I teach physics and math at the local high school. I've been married to my best friend for almost 19 years. We met at a campus ministry while attending the University of Wisconsin in Madison. (My students usually roll their eyes at how goody-two-shoes that sounds, but what can I do? It happens to be the truth!) We have three kids (girl, boy, girl) and two dogs (large male mutt and medium male mutt), and live in a big old farmhouse on an acre out in the country.

I started guitar lessons at 11 and stuck with it for about three years. I didn't really practice a lot during that time, so due to my own poor habits, didn't get as much out of the experience as I could have. Within the last few years I sort of cought the fire again, and am striving to become a better player. I still have my old acoustic, but don't play that one much anymore. I have a newer acoustic, a pretty cheap Chinese Strat copy, and then there's the pick of the litter, my most recent addition: a red Gretsch Electromatic G5129, which I snagged off of Ebay. It's pretty sweet! Or as you 80s people might call it, totally awesome, or maybe tubular or gnarly!

Rock on,
Bear85
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

Hi, I'm Bear85! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Bear85!   Hi, I'm Bear85! EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 12:27 am

Hey bear!!

haha yeah I think that's what people were meant to do Razz

I am at University now in the middle of a secondary teaching degree, woot! go educators!

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Bear85

Bear85

Hi, I'm Bear85! Empty
PostSubject: Talent? (to help you embrace your inner nerd)   Hi, I'm Bear85! EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 9:00 am

Hey everybody,

You've all been posting about your special abilities/talents - this is all I could think of.

The school I teach at observes Pi Day on March 14th (3/14...get it?). So for the last two years, I have put my own lyrics to some famous songs. The first one (2007) is kind of obvious, I suppose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_vwPmsDyyQ

It was shot and posted by one of my physics students. He's very talented and made the video look quite professional, what with the title card and captions and all. The second clip (2008) was shot with my own small camera - the sound is poor so I posted the lyrics in the description box. It's about the "dangers" of not using the proper drawing tools, and how that can be the first step down the slippery slope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivOKnXrV9Zs

Hope you enjoy them,
Dave
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

Hi, I'm Bear85! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Bear85!   Hi, I'm Bear85! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:03 am

Dave,
I wish I had more teachers like you back in high school! Love the videos. I will never look at 3/14 the same ever again.

Thanks for sharing!
hrg

p.s. When I bought my first car, eons ago...I wanted the license plate QT 314. My boyfriend at the time (now my hubby) said no one would get it. Oh well....
Back to top Go down
burner1

burner1

Hi, I'm Bear85! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Bear85!   Hi, I'm Bear85! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Great job Bear, brilliant lyrics!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnersrock.com
Sponsored content

Hi, I'm Bear85! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Bear85!   Hi, I'm Bear85! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Bear85!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: ALL ABOUT YOU - INTRODUCE YOURSELF-
Jump to: