The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Count the errors...

Go down 
+2
andi
LetsLiveItUp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LetsLiveItUp

Count the errors... Empty
PostSubject: Count the errors...   Count the errors... EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:42 am

NOthing against the good people who advertised Setzers gig at the Aspin Fest but at the fests main site they wrote this review.:
June Festival Main Stage
BRIAN SETZER ORCHESTRA
06/21/2008 - 9pm
Early in the 1980s, a phenomenon hit the United States – the Stray Cats, led by Brian Setzer, produced stylized hit songs – “Rock This Town,” “Stray Cat Strut” – that recalled the origins of rock and roll, as documented by Sun Records and particularly by Bill Haley and the Comets. Complete with spit curls and attitude, the Stray Cats – “We got cat class and we got cat style” – rocked MTV and the country. As bands will, success shattered the Stray Cats, setting Setzer free to do as his musical instincts led – so he kicked off another phenomenon, the swing craze of the 1990s. Epitomized in their remake of Louis Jordan’s “Jump, Jive an’ Wail,” the Brian Setzer Orchestra mixed rockabilly and swing, and did so very well that when the craze had faded, the band endured. They remain among the more popular big (28 pieces!) bands in America.

How many errors can you find in tis review?
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Count the errors...   Count the errors... EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:11 am

Have they EVER covered a Bill Haley tune?!

And Louis PRIMA, thankyouverymuch...
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Count the errors...   Count the errors... EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:13 am

line 1 - the Stray Cats, Laughing
line 3- the Stray Cats, LaughingWe got cat class and we got cat style” I guess they guessed Brian used the Royal "we." king
line 5 - " Louis Jordan’s “Jump, Jive an’ Wail,” (ahem Louis Prima, please!)
line 6 - "They remain among the more popular big (28 pieces!) bands in America." Huh... guess they hired some of the board ppl for the requested positions from awhile back... scratch geek

those are the ones that jumped out at me... did i miss any? Guess I'm pretty bored tonight... lol

Last edited by Chillicat on Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i type too fast... hahah)
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: Count the errors...   Count the errors... EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:58 am

andi wrote:

Hm, the BSO did and Stray Cats played "Rip It Up" which has also been recorded by Bill Haley...sure, I know the original is by Little Richard.

@ Chilicat: Sure I know that Tommy posted a 100 times that Stray Cats is without "the" but nevertheless I would like to mention that

- Stray Cats used back in 1980 a "the" before Stray Cats on the logo on Slim Jim's bass drum
- the center label of their record "Rock Therapy" says "The Stray Cats"
- the credit on same record printed on the cover backside says produced by "The Stray Cats"
- the print on the edge of the cover says "The Stray Cats"
- the cover of the record "Let's Go Faster" says "The Stray Cats"

BB Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.briansetzer.de
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Count the errors...   Count the errors... EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 5:36 am

i know... i was just being snarky... What a Face
cat
C
Back to top Go down
jaybird

jaybird

PostSubject: Re: Count the errors...   Count the errors... EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:42 pm

andi wrote:

And Louis PRIMA, thankyouverymuch...

They have recorded Rock A Beatin Boogie which is a bill Haley track
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/jay
andi

andi

PostSubject: Re: Count the errors...   Count the errors... EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:52 pm

jaybird wrote:

Damn, I been outta the loop too long- I didn't know they'd done that song! Now I gotta hear it!

I'm a big Haley fan, I named my dogs Rhythm and Blues after his song "Two Hound Dogs" (Named Rhythm and Blues!) Though in our case they'd be "two crazy mutts named R&B" Wink Would love to hear Setz do more Haley stuff, there's nothing like the Haley big beat.
Back to top Go down
jaybird

jaybird

PostSubject: Re: Count the errors...   Count the errors... EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:56 pm

andi wrote:
jaybird wrote:

Damn, I been outta the loop too long- I didn't know they'd done that song! Now I gotta hear it!

I'm a big Haley fan, I named my dogs Rhythm and Blues after his song "Two Hound Dogs" (Named Rhythm and Blues!) Though in our case they'd be "two crazy mutts named R&B" Wink Would love to hear Setz do more Haley stuff, there's nothing like the Haley big beat.

Tommy will be able to enlighten you probably but I believe it is a bonus track from one of the BSO albums or from a compilation, I forget which.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/jay
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Count the errors...   Count the errors... EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:39 pm

Rock a Beatin' Boogie was one of two Japanese bonus tracks on Vavoom!, and it was also on a bonus 2-track CD with Crazy Little Thing Called Love with a Best Buy edition of Vavoom!

Haley-billy
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

PostSubject: Re: Count the errors...   Count the errors... EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:10 am

rickabilly wrote:
Rock a Beatin' Boogie was one of two Japanese bonus tracks on Vavoom!, and it was also on a bonus 2-track CD with Crazy Little Thing Called Love with a Best Buy edition of Vavoom!

*adding to my wishlist*

Thanks Rickabilly Smile
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: Count the errors...   Count the errors... EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 7:00 am

... and it appears also on the European single CD of "Gettin' In The Mood".
Back to top Go down
http://www.briansetzer.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Count the errors...   Count the errors... Empty

Back to top Go down

Count the errors...
Page 1 of 1