The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aspen show setlist

Go down 
+17
Hot Rod Girl
Summerz
BethAnn
jetbunny
rickabilly
PeroxideBlonde
WildCat
peeteycat
TommyM
DrewSugar
Budgie
Setzerado
Gloria
Ponczek007
andi
Scatman
Rocky Mountain Cat
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jetbunny

jetbunny

Aspen show setlist - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:38 am

Thanks Rickabilly for the review. I enjoyed every minute of it. Fantastic gig!
Back to top Go down
BethAnn

BethAnn

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 7:23 am

Nice review! Worth the wait. I suspect most of it was composed on the long ride home. Hope you had one of those dashboard notepads. Glad you're back safe and didn't get arrested this time.

Ahhh yes, that "great Brian grin." The main reason I'll be flying across the country next month!

BA
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:17 am

Hope this hasn't been posted. Found a review of the show. Have only had time to read bits of it and here's my feeling...If you want to read it, click on the link to see what they had to say.

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20080624/AE/847834051/1060/DAILYCOMMENT&parentprofile=-1

Here's a pic....

Aspen show setlist - Page 2 BRIANASPENJAZZ_1
Delicious! Go Brian, go!
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:56 am

Honestly, the Aspen media review was about what I expected - all that altitude and still, their noses were stuck high in the air. To be critical of an artist because they give you what you expect is a bit unfair. What did the reviewer want Brian to do - bring Julie out and have her sing the Yoko Ono songbook?

Ah well, I was there, and I believe Brian and the Orchestra won over the vast majority of the crowd.

If it's wine and cheese you want...

Plastic Ono-billy
Back to top Go down
Summerz

Summerz

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 10:00 am

Thanks for the reviews and everything. I grew up in Colorado and have been to Aspen many times, boy I was wishing I could have been there last weekend.
Thanks again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 10:06 am

Thanks to RMC and Rickabilly for the great reviews that made it seem like we were all right there with them. A perfect way to start the day with a good cup o' joe.

Thanks for your time, and glad to hear that the show was so awesome!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 10:18 am

Ouch..that Aspen review was not particularly friendly to anyone that played that night. I guess critics are paid to be critical, but Mr. Stewart Osksenhorn was downright cold hearted and mean. (and of course, that's my opinion Laughing )

Hey BSO....c'mon back to Summerfest. Hang out and play with (ahem) "normal" folks.

Take care,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:45 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
Ouch..that Aspen review was not particularly friendly to anyone that played that night. I guess critics are paid to be critical, but Mr. Stewart Osksenhorn was downright cold hearted and mean. (and of course, that's my opinion Laughing )

I know this guy. Stewart Oksenhorn is a grade-A jackass. He's just a frustrated wanna-be musician/ deadhead who thinks the sun rises and sets with Jerry Garcia. He's a poser.

His opinions are absolutely worthless and they always have been.

Last edited by RockyMountainCat on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:28 pm

Thanks again RMC for being the go-to guy for this show!

And Rickipedia...........what can I say that hasn't been said before?????

Thanks again guys....................we had the right BSFF's in Aspen!
Scatman
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:25 pm

A big thank ye to Rickabilly, RockyMountainCat, and PeroxideBlonde, for their great reviews of the show, I enjoyed reading them.

As for the "critics" out there, one rule I've learned over the years is that how "good" something/someone was in a movie/concert/album/etc. is generally inversely porportional to everything the critics say. In other words, the opposite of everything the "critic" says is usually true.

"Tis easy to criticize, but hard to create".
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 5:24 pm

rickabilly wrote:
No offense meant here, Andi, but I had to shut off your Jumpin' Like Mad downloads because they were so riveting and I couldn't focus on writing!

Mutual Admiration-billy

That's so sweet Rick! Wink Hope you enjoy.

Your review is excellent as expected, and I only wish I could've been there to take photos to accompany such a great story.
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 5:56 pm

RockyMountainCat wrote:

I know this guy. Stewart Oksenhorn is a grade-A jackass. He's just a frustrated wanna-be musician/ deadhead who thinks the sun rises and sets with Jerry Garcia. He's a poser.

When his review shows he's not happy with most of the performances and goes out of the way to tell you who "the disappointment of the festival" was, it's pretty sad. Jackass indeed. I'm almost embarrassed for him...(almost!).
Back to top Go down
Summerz

Summerz

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 6:30 pm

Forgot to add, I think opening with Hawaii 5-0 Theme is PURRRfect. Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
PeroxideBlonde

PeroxideBlonde

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 12:32 am

I just can't hold my tongue about that Aspen review anymore. That reviewer probably gets paid by the word (unlike Rickabilly) and therefore doesn't give a s&*t about what he writes. The Aspen show ROCKED. End of discussion!

One of these days the music industry is going to stop refering to Miss Sharon Jones as "the female James Brown." The woman has a style and a voice all her own. In a few years, there's going to be some new kid on the block and people are going to say, "Hey! So-and-so sounds just like Sharon Jones!" She performed song after song after song on Saturday night, barely stopping for a breath, NEVER for a sip of water, and her voice was as smooth at the end as the beginning.

If you ever get the chance to see her perform...check it out!

Andi--the only way you could've taken photos at the show was if you had a "press" pass. (hint hint) There were about 20 people in the tent between Sharon Jones & BSO and they wouldn't let us stand in the aisles & talk (we had to be IN A ROW or in our seats) because it was against fire regulations! No joke! There was plenty of room however, outside the tent, at the Tequila Bar! Cool
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:42 pm

RockyMountainCat wrote:
He's just a frustrated wanna-be musician/ deadhead who thinks the sun rises and sets with Jerry Garcia.

'Nuff said
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 3:51 am

Been away for a few days.
But love the reviews. As ever Rick gives us a top notch story,of the event.Thanks Rick.

Mind you you RMC and PB,wrote stocking reviews too.
Better than i can do................never seem to find the wright words.

Oh to see the BSO live again

Mark.
Back to top Go down
Babs

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:38 pm

I'll add my thanks to RMC and Rickabilly. I was lucky enough to go to the show and was probably sitting in the same area. It was nice to meet the fans on either side of me who also frequent this web site. Reading your reviews made it all come alive again. What a great night! So sad to have missed Brian's exit though. Maybe next time....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aspen show setlist   Aspen show setlist - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aspen show setlist
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2