The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Everybody likes it...besides me.

Go down 
+21
vic
Hot Rod Girl
carboncat
Eddie Lee
Bigbassape
pony65k
Cristo
BlastOff
Madman
1954inMemphis
crazycatlady
Aristocat
Kid Setzer
Amity
burner1
Pinkpiratekitty
PICKIN' PETE
onefin
Ponczek007
ArtVandelay
Patrick
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Patrick

Patrick

Everybody likes it...besides me. Empty
PostSubject: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Just wondering if there are some things in life that you don't like but the "rest of the world" does.
Here are 2 things I don't like and where many people go, that's weird:

- The movie The Godfather/Scarface. Don't like any ganster movie. All are gonna die in the end anyway...
- Beer. Yeah call me anything you want. I'm having hard times already playing in a Rockabilly band and buying a Pepsi at a gig.

How about you?
Back to top Go down
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 6:01 pm

Monkeys. Everyone seems to think they're so cute but they scare the hell out of me. affraid They're too smart, they could kill you in your sleep anytime they wanted and get a way with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ledzeppelin92
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 6:05 pm

I'm purely a martini guy, beer is out for me. I don't like Godfather or Scareface either and I'm a film student, I did love goodfellas though.

I don't like beer, and I can't stand... PBR. Rockabilly people may be offended by that statement. But it's ok, rockabilly isn't about being a follower is it? Just play thrashing country blues and maybe slick your hair back if you feel like it.
Back to top Go down
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 7:09 pm

I agree on Godfather and Scarface ( although I have said "say hello to my little friend) I disagree on beer as long as it is a Microbrew some of there are two brewerys around here that have beers that are superb Boulder Creek Brewery and Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing

I dont like Cigarettes, I dont like my Pop Tarts toasted, I dont like cinnamon (except cinnamon rolls)

I am on the fence with monkeys
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 7:59 pm

You guys DON'T like beer?

Nope, can't get my head around that one! Seriousily!

If there are any Italian desendants out there, I don't like prosciutto or chestnuts or soccer(football). It's almost like the Irish not liking potatoes or Guiness or Americans not liking apple pie, hot dogs or baseball! Go the Mets! Is that right Budgie?
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 8:26 pm

In-N-Out burger. Everyone raves about it, but I don't like it at all.
Sex in the city. Only saw about 10 minutes of one, and never watched again
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
burner1

burner1

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 8:46 pm

Hey Patrick, don't worry about beer at a gig. I spent about 20 years drinking cranberry juice at gigs.
Better for the voice; and you'll be a bit more accurate when you're appraising your own performance. I like an ice cold beer, maybe two; but then the taste gets old.

I don't get the current fascination with Scarface; and I've never seen a Star Wars movie.
Suits with 3 buttons and small lapels (sp?) bug the heck out of me; and baseball/soccer players wearing white shoes should be outlawed. Don't get me started on people wearing their pants halfway down their butts so the boxers will show.
I'm sure I'll be back with more, it's time for my pill.

PS... the comment about monkeys will have me laughing for the next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnersrock.com
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 10:19 pm

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
Go the Mets!

No Pete, its Go Phillies. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 10:23 pm

- Desperate Houswives (the show that is.. I got nothing against real desperate housewives Razz )
- The all time number one played video on YouTube.. it's just a guy dancing to well known songs, entertaining somewhat but not worth number one.. anywhooooooo..

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Aristocat

Aristocat

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 10:53 pm

-Porsches

-Red Ferraris

-Peanut Butter

-Tom Hanks

-Manchester United

- Sony

- Nike
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aristocat30
crazycatlady

crazycatlady

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 3:01 am

Pinkpiratekitty wrote:
Sex in the city. Only saw about 10 minutes of one, and never watched again

I've never even given it 10 minutes.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the movie "Titanic" - 3 hours of my life I'll never get back.

I can't stand reality shows and I have never understood their popularity - I wish people would stop watching them so people would stop making them.

cat
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 3:09 am

onefin wrote:
I dont like Cigarettes, I dont like my Pop Tarts toasted

Agreed.. not a fan at all of cigarettes or smoking but lets not start a war here Razz I've never had a pop tart Sad

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 5:44 am

Sushi - I just can't seem to wrap my mouth around it.

Jewelry - Less is more gal. Wedding rings always, earrings occasionally. Thats it.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 6:23 am

...strange. Everybody loves Rockabilly so far!
clown
Here I go again:

- Boooorn in the USA! The Boss. Not about the words, but that stupid keyboard lick the whole song through! Aaarrggghh!! Stop it!
- Soccer! #1 here in Holland. Like baseball or football in the USA.
- Drugs.
- Dancing...just because I can't. If I try I look like Mr. Bean! But hey, Bill Haley couldn't dance either. And we all know what he started!
Everybody likes it...besides me. BillHaley1954

Last edited by Patrick on Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1954inMemphis

1954inMemphis

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 6:31 am

@Patrick

I truely can understand your soccer issue... after the Dutch result within the UEFA championship... tongue lol! lol! lol!

I like soccer...

What I hate:

Audi

Women wearing ties and suits instead of stockings and boots...

soooo important managers, they´re just clown jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 6:35 am

1954inMemphis wrote:
@Patrick

I truely can understand your soccer issue... after the Dutch result within the UEFA championship... tongue lol! lol! lol!

I like soccer..

Huh...who won in the end??
rabbit

Anyway I do play soccer with my 6 year old son. I can beat him!
What a Face
Back to top Go down
Madman

Madman

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 2:55 pm

Sorry 'bout this, but -Tattoos
Seen lots of good looking tattos, but have seen guys of 60 or 70 years old with horrible faded blue "marks" on there wrinkled skin.

Olives - don't mind a martini, but keep the olives.
Back to top Go down
BlastOff

BlastOff

PostSubject: I hope this works   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 5:29 pm

Hope this actually ends up in the right topic.

I don't many things that I don't like, but this is a big one:

I can't stand how 'cool' it is for my generation to be so apathetic towards all things in the world. Too cool for anything, the coolest thing you can do for someone my age is hang out and badmouth everyone. I'm stuck in the generation of kids who'd rather accomplish nothing in their lives rather than try something and fail, and have others make fun of you.

It's a dying concept that a person can be a rebel and still have a positive force in the world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samkieffer
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 7:27 pm

BlastOff wrote:
Hope this actually ends up in the right topic.

I don't many things that I don't like, but this is a big one:

I can't stand how 'cool' it is for my generation to be so apathetic towards all things in the world. Too cool for anything, the coolest thing you can do for someone my age is hang out and badmouth everyone. I'm stuck in the generation of kids who'd rather accomplish nothing in their lives rather than try something and fail, and have others make fun of you.

It's a dying concept that a person can be a rebel and still have a positive force in the world.

Amen brother. The big problem is the parents need to be slapped. So many parents over here dont want thier kids to be embarrased that they dont have the latest phone, clothes, etc. I think shit like this started when spanking was taken out of the picture (although I did spank mine, and they do not have that kind of attitude). That may sound stupid, but it sure kept me from mouthing off to my parents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 8:29 pm

Hey BlastOff,
How's it goin'? There's nothing that shits me off to no avail like a some of the youth of today. But I have to say that it stems from the parents. Kids learn from them, and if they don't give a flying fuck, what are the kids to do, what chance do the kids have. Unfortunately, some of these parents had the same upbringing, so are they really to blame?
Since I work in an enviroment that deals with hundreds of people every day, I gotta admit that some parents are too soft on there kids and the kids have no respect for anyone besides themselves. I let my girls have freedom, but I've always taught them respect, and have no hesitation in letting them know when they're outta line. I don't believe in hitting kids like we got hit as kids, different generation and again our parents were conditioned by their parents, but a light tap on the arse is only gonna reinforce what ya said, not hurt them.
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 10:39 pm

I used to get the odd kick up the bum, sure made me do what I was told Razz I know where you're coming from BlastOff because I'm from the same generation. I remember once in 10th grade where I was talking to a group of girls my age and they were talking about all the parties they go to and the drugs they take and alcohol they drink.. then they asked me what I 'do' and I was like 'Uhhh, nothing..' then they told me I was a disgrace to be a teenager! WHAT THE HECK?! Anywhoo yes, most of the youth of today drive me up the wall and I hate it when it's assumed that I am like the rest of them.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 9:32 am

Well I'm sure no one else likes it, but I can't be stuffed making a whole new thread about it!.. What I hate is blowing my stereo system speakers.. I've done this twice in the last 2 months listening to the BSO.. I really don't know how the BSO could blow my speakers, but they have. I replaced my speakers the first time it happened and I only see it as fair if Brian replaces them this time around Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
1954inMemphis

1954inMemphis

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 9:39 am

Just buy bigger ones... affraid Wink
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 9:43 am

1954inMemphis wrote:
Just buy bigger ones... affraid Wink

Haha they are big ones, like 5 foot high.. it sounded something like this when they carked it "Jump, jive and BOOM! crackle crackle sizzle".. what a song to go out on.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
crazycatlady

crazycatlady

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:20 pm

I thought of one the other day..

I don't like pancakes.

I love French toast and waffles, but for some reason, I've never liked pancakes. scratch

Just another thought to keep me preoccupied while I anticipate the concert tonight! bounce

cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everybody likes it...besides me.   Everybody likes it...besides me. Empty

Back to top Go down

Everybody likes it...besides me.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: OFF TOPIC STUFF-
Jump to: