The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?

Go down 
+4
rickabilly
BethAnn
TommyM
Pinkpiratekitty
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? Empty
PostSubject: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 4:19 pm

Tommy, oh great and wonderful mediator, keeper of the history of cats, photographer of human feline wandering musicians....um, what the hell - when is a good time for all of us to meet? Question

2 more days!!! bounce

pirat cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 4:42 pm

Don't really know. I've never been to this locale. I'd love to see you all sometime late in the afternoon though, so find Budgie.....who's staying at the Holiday Inn Costa Mesa and he'll give me the scoop!

Really looking forward to meeting all of you. Errr.....even Rockabilly Ross......lol!

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:03 pm

OK Cool. Cool Thanks Tommy!

I posted a poll to get the ball rolling on the time at least.

PPK pirat cat
Back to top Go down
BethAnn

BethAnn

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:35 pm

Hey, I'M staying at the Holiday Inn in Costa Mesa. Budge, remind me again, am I the stalker or the stalkee? I keep forgetting.
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:44 pm

Bath Ann! YOU! Not sure how to answer that question, but I'll tell ya.....there's a huge shopping mall next to that hotel. "If" I were staying there, it'd be easy to find a place to buy all of the items that the FAA won't let me fly with......like that huge can of Bed Head Mega Hair Spray. lol!

2 days until le Fair!

T
Back to top Go down
BethAnn

BethAnn

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:48 pm

I've shopped at the Southcoast Plaza Mall in the past and I plan on hitting up Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn when they open. You have YOUR ways of getting excited for the show and I have mine!
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 6:05 pm

Bath Ann! YOU! Ready to have some fun??
Back to top Go down
BethAnn

BethAnn

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm a stay-at-home mom with four teenagers and it's the middle of the summer. What do you think?!!!!

On behalf of the entire family, thank you Brian, Jim and Lee for GETTING ME OUT OF HERE!
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 7:18 pm

Lucky - I live here so I can't get away from them. JK
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 8:30 pm

TommyM wrote:
Bath Ann! YOU! Not sure how to answer that question, but I'll tell ya.....there's a huge shopping mall next to that hotel. "If" I were staying there, it'd be easy to find a place to buy all of the items that the FAA won't let me fly with......like that huge can of Bed Head Mega Hair Spray. lol!

2 days until le Fair!

T

Hmmm... Beth-Ann "forgot" her Arabic for Dummies book in my car last summer in KC. Perhaps she was trying to stay off The FAA and Homeland Security's radar.

A word of advice: Don't get caught "holding" for Beth-Ann! The cavity search might sound like fun, but it's really not, unless you get that enforcer with the Morrissey "Hand in Glove" technique.

Come to think of it, it is the OC...

Cavity Creep-a-billy

BTW - What's with all the OC talk? Isn't this the Australian Setzer forum? lol!

Have a ball, y'all!
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Hey - What does cavity search have to do the OC?
Back to top Go down
BethAnn

BethAnn

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 8:43 pm

Rickabilly, are you SURE you can't make it? Budge won't hold my purse while I shop. You were such a saintly sport last year!!! Mailing my packages to me the next day was pretty cool. I'm not too sure I would have done that for you!
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 8:54 pm

Sadly, I'll be stuck at the @#@#&!! Jonas Brothers concert tomorrow with my 11-year-old. If you'd like, I can give you a concert review!

I told my wife I was taking my daughter to the airport after the show tomorrow and hopping a plane to LA. She told me she would have the authorities waiting for me at the airport if I pulled that stunt. I was joking. She wasn't.

I used up all my summer Setzer credits at the Aspen show. That was worth it, for sure. But it looks like THE event of the summer may just be in Costa Mesa (although there's a few folks in Europe who might have something to say 'bout that). Have a great time, everyone!

Jealous-billy
Back to top Go down
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 9:21 pm

Tommy,

It will be good to see you again. Budgie on the other hand..... time will tell. lol

It will be great to meet one and all.

I drive by the Holiday in on Bristol in Costa Mesa every day, to and from work. That Holday Inn has been there for many, many years.

See ya Tuesday night and have a Gretsch/Stray Cats day !

Ross
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 3:56 pm

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I woke up with a stupid cold this morning AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!! So I am not sure if Ill meet before the show or not. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:44 am

rickabilly wrote:
Sadly, I'll be stuck at the @#@#&!! Jonas Brothers concert tomorrow with my 11-year-old. If you'd like, I can give you a concert review!

I told my wife I was taking my daughter to the airport after the show tomorrow and hopping a plane to LA. She told me she would have the authorities waiting for me at the airport if I pulled that stunt. I was joking. She wasn't.

I used up all my summer Setzer credits at the Aspen show. That was worth it, for sure. But it looks like THE event of the summer may just be in Costa Mesa (although there's a few folks in Europe who might have something to say 'bout that). Have a great time, everyone!

Jealous-billy

Awww - that's too bad you can't make it! My daughter went to one here in OC - THOUSANDS OF SCREAMING YOUNG GIRLS!!! BRING YOUR EARPLUGS!!!
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:30 am

Your warning came about 3 hours too late. At least now I have an idea what Beatlemania was like. I have to say, though I didn't care for, and really didn't hear the music, it was a pretty cool concert for the 8,000 5-12 year old girls who were there. Pyrotechnics, lasers, moving stage platforms - all the fun of a Pink Floyd show without the flying pigs and the drugs. Although I believe I did see some Skittles being passed around freely.

I don't know what happened. I swear this was the same daughter I took to a Rumblejetts show just two summers ago. The same daughter who knows the difference between Elvis' and Carl Perkins' Blue Suede Shoes. You try to raise them right...

Which One's Pink-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:39 am

OOPs sorry - I forget about time zones Embarassed . This was her second JB concert. (I didn't go with my daughter, since I remembered the Hillary Duff concert 3 years ago.) I was the one who had pick-up duty. I was outside the venue, and all I could hear was the screaming. Every once and a while I'd hear them singing. The cool thing was my daughter got in the car all fired up from the concert, we actually had to wait in the parking lot for an hour till the traffic started moving, she said "Can we put Johnny Cash on?". Trying not to act too relieved that I hadn't lost her to pop stardom, I of course said "Yeah, ok". The next day she took down all but two of her JB posters. I walked in as she was doing it and she said "I want to put all my Stray Cats & rockabilly stuff up now." So I hadn't lost her to the dark side afterall. Whew! Wink

PPK
Back to top Go down
crazycatlady

crazycatlady

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:26 pm

rickabilly wrote:

Jealous-billy

OUCH! I feel for ya, dude! I'm so glad I don't have kids! lol!

It's too bad there's not a pod cast of tonight's SC concert so you could tune in while you're at the JB concert.

cat
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:47 pm

The Jonas Bros concert was last night, actually. I'd never be able to hear a podcast amidst all the screaming girls. Given the ringing that's still in my ears, I'd probably never be able to hear such a glorious Stray Cats podcast tonight, 24 hrs later, though I'd love to watch a DVD of it, say, next week...

My problem with making tonight's Stray Cats show stems from living 1500+ miles from California, wanting to take a couple of family vacations this summer, and having spent time in Aspen last month taking in a BSO show, and buying tickets for my daughter months ago for a birthday present long before I knew about the OC show. Were it a simple choice between the JoBros and Stray Cats, I simply would have said to my daughter, "You'll be over them in six months, life is hard, and Daddy pays the bills."

As it is, my daughter is on cloud nine today, and I get to hear all about the Stray Cats show from some of my favorite people in the world. Life is good!

Blessed-a-billy
Back to top Go down
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:10 pm

Hello All fellow OC showstoppoers
Well I am lost, do I call the Holiday Inn and ask for Buggie any way I am gettin reday to go to the show in about 2 hours If anyone is meetin to introduce them selves I would come by and say hi
Later enjoy the show!

look for the blue suede shoes

Clay
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:43 pm

Doooods,
I'm so bored in this hotel that it looks like Budgie and I will be heading to the fair area (Fairea?) soon. I bet we'll be there by 430 or so.
We'll be looking for ya!
T
Back to top Go down
Aristocat

Aristocat

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:46 pm

TommyM wrote:
Doooods,
I'm so bored in this hotel that it looks like Budgie and I will be heading to the fair area (Fairea?) soon. I bet we'll be there by 430 or so.
We'll be looking for ya!
T

who's going to stay behind to help Beth Ann carry her shopping bags back from the mall?

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aristocat30
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:48 pm

Nobody helped ME! And Macys was having a great sale on Lucky Brand. I must have walked 15 miles around this hotel today. GET ME TO THE FAIR!!!
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:07 pm

I would have helped you, but you'd have to deal with my daughter asking you millions of questions or just giggling a lot. Wink

I called the HI and the desk didn't have a budgie or a beth-ann staying there. Of course I don't have their last names so that didn't help. Is everyone going to the beer garden before the show? Do you need a ride to the fair? Im not getting there until 5, though. Im going to head over to the beer garden when I get there to see if any of you all are there.

Im wearing a blue gingham shirt, I have swallow & star tattoos on my forearms, shamrock tattoos on my chest, green glasses, and im heavy. You will probably recognize my daughter from my avatar, my husband is hawaiian/filipino. Im sitting in the CC section.

Hope to see you tonight!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?   Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tommy Oh great Mediator, when should we all meet?
Page 1 of 1