The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A good story I think you guys will like.

Go down 
+3
alka-setzer
burner1
Vinny
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Vinny

Vinny

A good story I think you guys will like. Empty
PostSubject: A good story I think you guys will like.   A good story I think you guys will like. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 11:23 pm

So this is really just to tell a good story about music. My Band "Mac's No. 13" was having band practice out in my driveway, cranking out good ol fasion rock and roll. Neighbors started to come out and watch. We had an entire neighborhood there. But since some people allways have to complain, one neighbor comes over and starts shouting. "YOU NEED TO SHUT DOWN OR IM CALLING THE COPS".....so naturally we kept playing. Its nice because we were well within the law and we knew it.
So about 10 min. later a police car shows up. The cop gets out and the angry neighbor starts yelling at him that he needs to shut us down. The cop was not happy about being yelled at so he let us play. (also us being completly covered by law). so about an hour later another cop comes. And its even better this time (i realize i just started a sentance with "and" and ill get yelled at by our resident teacher), the second cop actually comes up the driveway, sits himself in a lawnchair and listens and hangs out for a good 20 min. Then says nothings wrong.
If that wasnt funny enough the cop gets a pad out of his car and asks us what we are doing Aug 5. We said nothing. He said "well how would you like to play at the annual Fair for a crowd of 4000 people. Thats Right a Cop just hired us, after a person called them for us desturbing the peace. Sweet Sweet Irony.
Back to top Go down
burner1

burner1

PostSubject: Re: A good story I think you guys will like.   A good story I think you guys will like. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 11:39 pm

that's a great story.
I was very lucky when I started out with bands practicing in my mom's basement. Our neighbors were saints and never said a word when we crept past 10 PM (only when a gig was right around the corner).
Getting the gig from one of the officers is the real kicker... you should send a flyer to the guy that complained!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnersrock.com
alka-setzer

alka-setzer

PostSubject: Re: A good story I think you guys will like.   A good story I think you guys will like. EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 12:32 am

You should open the show with "I fought the law" Razz
Back to top Go down
PeroxideBlonde

PeroxideBlonde

PostSubject: Re: A good story I think you guys will like.   A good story I think you guys will like. EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 12:57 am

Vinny-
Awesome story!! That's one you'll have to save for your memory book, so when David Letterman or Conan asks you for a "craziest moment" you can use that one!! What a classic! Good luck at the gig, and rock on! Cool
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: A good story I think you guys will like.   A good story I think you guys will like. EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 7:21 pm

Vinny wrote:
So this is really just to tell a good story about music. My Band "Mac's No. 13" was having band practice out in my driveway, cranking out good ol fasion rock and roll. Neighbors started to come out and watch. We had an entire neighborhood there. But since some people allways have to complain, one neighbor comes over and starts shouting. "YOU NEED TO SHUT DOWN OR IM CALLING THE COPS".....so naturally we kept playing. Its nice because we were well within the law and we knew it.
So about 10 min. later a police car shows up. The cop gets out and the angry neighbor starts yelling at him that he needs to shut us down. The cop was not happy about being yelled at so he let us play. (also us being completly covered by law). so about an hour later another cop comes. And its even better this time (i realize i just started a sentance with "and" and ill get yelled at by our resident teacher), the second cop actually comes up the driveway, sits himself in a lawnchair and listens and hangs out for a good 20 min. Then says nothings wrong.
If that wasnt funny enough the cop gets a pad out of his car and asks us what we are doing Aug 5. We said nothing. He said "well how would you like to play at the annual Fair for a crowd of 4000 people. Thats Right a Cop just hired us, after a person called them for us desturbing the peace. Sweet Sweet Irony.
What fair? When? Those of us in the vicinity need details! LOL Laughing

Cool story! Wink

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: A good story I think you guys will like.   A good story I think you guys will like. EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 8:57 pm

Cool story! Best of luck with the gig. You should send the guy who complained a thank you with a couple of free tickets. Maybe that would soften him up a bit. (or he'd be your biggest heckler that night)

I love it when the good guys win!
hrg
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: A good story I think you guys will like.   A good story I think you guys will like. EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:20 pm

I LOVE IT!!!! I love you I love you I love you I love you
There's always someone who hates people having a GOOD time. Sad Sad Sad
Glad it backfired on them. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
All the best for the gig.
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A good story I think you guys will like.   A good story I think you guys will like. Empty

Back to top Go down

A good story I think you guys will like.
Page 1 of 1