The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!

Go down 
+15
WildCat
onefin
Tak-abilly
Gloria
FrenchyCat
Davy Jones
Vincent Blackshad
burner1
setzerino
Brooklyn Bomber
webelvis
andi
Setzerado
moto
TommyM
19 posters
AuthorMessage
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! Empty
PostSubject: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 7:17 pm

Because one of you guys requested it, I've returned the Stray Cats 1992 record, "Choo Choo Hot Fish" to the BrianSetzer.com MUSIC PLAYER. I loaded the Japanese version with the Let's Go Faster bonus track. So start your week with the greatly underrated Cats' classic....but watch out for bones!
-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
moto

moto

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 9:41 pm

TommyM wrote:
Because one of you guys requested it, I've returned the Stray Cats 1992 record, "Choo Choo Hot Fish" to the BrianSetzer.com MUSIC PLAYER. I loaded the Japanese version with the Let's Go Faster bonus track. So start your week with the greatly underrated Cats' classic....but watch out for bones!
-Tommy
The modern rockabilly is very novel, and it is a favorite work of high quality

I am more splendid now when I listen!

1956? 1992? 2008?
Magic beyond the space-time of the music!
i love "Choo Choo Hot Fish"
moto
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 2:17 am

"Underrated", out of time : I'm with you guys. Thank you Tommy.
Choo Choo Hot Fish is one of the best Brian's records.
You have his story and his talents on it : Rockabilly roots, modern rock & sound and the jazzy riffs... The Orchestra is not so far...
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:21 am

What a freakin' gem! The whole record is such a masterpiece! I just realized "Cry Baby" reminds me of a "Too Hip Gotta Go Part 2" in terms of lyrics and feel. And is it just me or does he say "do some leave-me-alonein'" at the end?! Who else could turn "leave me alone" into a verb?! (Well, except maybe Chuck Berry, who invented words like "motorvatin'") Smile

No wonder I named my cat Choo Choo Hot Fish. When I found him as a kitten outside my mother's house (yep, he was a stray cat!) this was all I was listening to, day and night!
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:28 am

Again a great Choice for the Musicplayer!!!
Cry Baby has made my Day!
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 4:25 am

Probably one of the best Stray Cats' releases ever!

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

BB

P.S. BTW, the European version also includes "Let's Go Faster".
Back to top Go down
http://www.briansetzer.de
setzerino

setzerino

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:53 am

I love choo choo, it contains two of my favourite songs. Lust and love, and cross of love being the two.
Back to top Go down
burner1

burner1

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 1:06 pm

If memory serves me (feel free to correct if I'm off), I saw THE Cats at THE Ritz in NYC when this album was either just out or in the works. I know it was in late October; but not sure what year as there was a hurricane that nailed Sea Bright, NJ a few days later.
When I heard "Cross of Love" and "Lust n Love" it really hit me that these guys are as contemporary as any band in the world and should be able to play as long as they want.
Excellent choice Tommy, keep 'em coming!
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnersrock.com
Vincent Blackshad

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:48 pm

Yeah the Cats played the Ritz in October 1991. One of the best shows I've seen 'em do. Some guy named "Eddie Von Bach ?" sang Good Golly Miss Molly and I remember Lee playing bass guitat on Lets go Faster. I was also at the Sea Bright show and remember Brian doing a very jazzy stray cat strut on his own sitting on Jims drums.
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 4:06 pm

burner1 wrote:
When I heard "Cross of Love" and "Lust n Love" it really hit me that these guys are as contemporary as any band in the world and should be able to play as long as they want.

I feel the same way. If Hey There Delilah can be a huge hit, why not My Heart is a Liar? I guess it goes back to the timing of the release and the mainstream press/listeners pigeonholeing the Stray Cats as a straight-up rockabilly band and judging them by their past hits without giving the newer stuff a chance or even a listen.

By the way, does anyone know the story behind My Heart is a Liar? I thought for the longest time that it was about Brian and his first wife Deanna, the song that helped to reconcile them before they finally separated. I thought I remembered this from the Behind the Music episode about Brian Setzer way back about a decade ago when it originally aired, but I watched a video clip of that again a few weeks back, and it never mentioned the song.

Also, I think Jade Idol would make a perfect opening theme for a blockbuster movie. Rickabilly mentioned a murder mystery, but I could see it as an Indiana Jones film, or...

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 4: THE HUNT FOR THE JADE IDOL
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 5:38 pm

The Choo Choo Hot Fish Tour has something special for me because it was the 1st time I went to see the Cats on stage, in a small venue, and I was so close I could touch my idols! I remember it was like a dream with opened eyes, specialy when I saw that blond stray cat with a white tee and a black leather jacket. They opened with Please don't touch, fabulous!! This small venue was my paradise!!
And we used to hear again the boys on the radio, certainly because this album is technically and artistically the best they made.

Thanks a lot Tommy for this gift, even if it reminds me my first gig bounce but also that in september it could be the last 2 Sad

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 5:58 pm

I haven't played this in a while and popped in onto my iPod yesterday. I played it all day today and have enjoyed every second of it. Oooh, I love when Brian mixes it up on an album! Nice mix of musical styles and I can't say how much I love the bridge (I don't really know if that part of the song is called the bridge, but what the hell) to Cry Baby and hearing the harmony part. It almost brings a tear to my eye it sounds so good to these ears. And, I love the way Brian sings on My Heart Is A Liar. Oh, the pain. Great to hear the whole collection of songs again. Nicely done, boys!

sunny
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 6:23 pm

irishguy wrote:
Some guy named "Eddie Von Bach ?" sang Good Golly Miss Molly.....

Ahhhh Eddie! A dear, dear friend of ours who we've totally lost contact with. A true Brother. Wanna see a rare photo??

Look here, Eddie gave me this photo years ago -----

AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! Eddie

Eddie: CALL HOME!
Back to top Go down
Tak-abilly

Tak-abilly

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Thanks for putting up my request Tommy!

I'll be looking for this CD when I go to Japan in August!

On a side note... why can't I put an avatar under my name?
Back to top Go down
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:59 pm

Ah! friday night is set a cold beer and the music player Thanks
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:00 pm

TommyM wrote:
irishguy wrote:
Some guy named "Eddie Von Bach ?" sang Good Golly Miss Molly.....

Ahhhh Eddie! A dear, dear friend of ours who we've totally lost contact with. A true Brother. Wanna see a rare photo??

Look here, Eddie gave me this photo years ago -----

AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! Eddie

Eddie: CALL HOME!
THAT is too cool, T!! I was wondering if you knew where he'd gotten himself off to... Sad Eddie was always nice to me at the Comet.

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:59 am

Definetly one of the Cats best album. Is as underatted now as Blade Runner in the early 80s.
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:08 am

yes, very good choice.
I was sick for a few days (an infect with fever and all that sh** pale ).

So today is my first office day and "Choo Choo Fish" make my day.

Thanks Tommy

Brett

Pleeeeeease don`t touch...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:00 am

I have "Choo Choo" playing as I write this and I defy ANYONE to argue that this album is not a classic. It is PERFECT in my opinion. The song order, the playing, the production, the songwriting, the COVER!!!

Jaded or not, this record kills me.....

-T
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:46 am

TommyM wrote:
I have "Choo Choo" playing as I write this and I defy ANYONE to argue that this album is not a classic. It is PERFECT in my opinion. The song order, the playing, the production, the songwriting, the COVER!!!

Jaded or not, this record kills me.....

-T

I got the music player runnin', too... second time through the album... Cross of Love on now... I can't argue with you my Brother!! As much as I usually like to, I can't in this case!!

Not feelin' as empty as them beer cans,
Budge
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
christopher

christopher

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:17 pm

TommyM wrote:
It is PERFECT in my opinion. The song order, the playing, the production...

Yeah, I very much hope the cats and Dave Edmunds are going to work together someday - but then again you can't turn back time: Maybe Dave's influence wouldn't be as wide as it -assumedly- used to be.
Back to top Go down
Tak-abilly

Tak-abilly

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 2:22 am

I've played it through at least 5 times in the past 2 days... I hope it stays for a while!
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 12:23 pm

Absolutely true : the per-fect re-cord !!

(Please Don't Touch my Music Player)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!   AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER! Empty

Back to top Go down

AS REQUESTED...CHOO CHOO IN MUSIC PLAYER!
Page 1 of 1