The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s

Go down 
+7
Pinkpiratekitty
onefin
Berndt Ottokatt
Hellvis
Kid Setzer
pony65k
welshcat
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
welshcat

welshcat

congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s Empty
PostSubject: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:54 am

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while
they carried us.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a tin, and
didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright coloured
lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and
when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took
hitchhiking .

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a van - loose - was always great fun.

We drank water from the garden hosepipe and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE
actually died from this.

We ate cakes, white bread and real butter and drank pop with sugar in
it, but we weren't overweight because......

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were
back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride
down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the
bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem .

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at
all, no 99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no cell
phones, no text messaging, no personal computers, no Internet or
Internet chat rooms..........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no
lawsuits from these accidents .

We played with worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not
live in us forever.

Made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it
would happen, we did not poke out any eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or
rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

Local teams had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who
didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.
They actually sided with the law!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem
solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned

HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

And YOU are one of them!

CONGRATULATIONS!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:53 pm

You know, that actually explains a lot of my problems Wink Oh well, ce la vie.

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 7:24 pm

Hey, do I count? '89 Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 7:41 pm

You know, I thought about just that the other day and I genuinely think we were far happier than today's generation with all those things they claim they couldn't live without.

Now, I also believe everything goes in cycles and one day, maybe sooner than we think, the young people might get back to a simpler life. My nephew who's 19 used to live the typical teenager's life (of this 21st century): get up at 1 in the afternoon, smoke dope, party every night, come back home at dawn and the like. With like zero discipline from his parents. He also owns just about everything a teenager could possibly own and then some. And the other day, he told me he was a bit sick of it all and realised that's not what life is about.

So there's hope for them yet.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 7:57 pm

Hellvis wrote:
You know, I thought about just that the other day and I genuinely think we were far happier than today's generation with all those things they claim they couldn't live without.

Now, I also believe everything goes in cycles and one day, maybe sooner than we think, the young people might get back to a simpler life. My nephew who's 19 used to live the typical teenager's life (of this 21st century): get up at 1 in the afternoon, smoke dope, party every night, come back home at dawn and the like. With like zero discipline from his parents. He also owns just about everything a teenager could possibly own and then some. And the other day, he told me he was a bit sick of it all and realised that's not what life is about.

So there's hope for them yet.

Funny you mention that because I AM 19 and my circle of friends and myself don't do any of that 'teenager' stuff that you mentioned, but of course the majority do, especially the kids that are younger than me have no self control, self respect or respect for anyone else for that matter. I was brought up in a single parent family, I was disciplined when I did something wrong, I've never been one to have everything and the things I do have that are valuable money wise (my car, my mobile, my ipod) I had to work for and pay for myself.. and I don't think I could be any happier with things... I get so incredibly annoyed when I see other kids my age doing exactly what you said, and I really don't think the life of potsmoking and partying is all that enjoyable.. I'd rather have full control of what I'm doing so I can actually enjoy the company I keep.

I forgot what my point to all that was.. oh well Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Berndt Ottokatt

Berndt Ottokatt

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:02 pm

Hallo Kid. The smoking is something I can give you help with since you ask. It is indeed so strange to make plea in this place for marijuana, but ok. Send me PM for to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:07 pm

Berndt Ottokatt wrote:
Hallo Kid. The smoking is something I can give you help with since you ask. It is indeed so strange to make plea in this place for marijuana, but ok. Send me PM for to discuss.

I don't think I follow you Berndt.. I was saying that I absolutely hate potsmoking and drugs, I was NOT asking for some.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Berndt Ottokatt

Berndt Ottokatt

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:09 pm

oh.

when you are ready. fine?
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:41 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
I don't think I follow you Berndt.. I was saying that I absolutely hate potsmoking and drugs, I was NOT asking for some.

Kid.

Laughing sorry, I had to laugh at that Laughing Laughing Kid, you are definitely a credit to your family. I'm sure they're very proud (ok, I'm being serious). It's a pleasure to come across a younster (sorry Kid) with your outlook.

René
Back to top Go down
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:53 pm

congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s Bill10

Good one I second That

Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2 : The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3 : You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4 : If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5 : Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time..

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:39 am

pony65k wrote:
Kid Setzer wrote:

Kid.

Laughing sorry, I had to laugh at that Laughing Laughing Kid, you are definitely a credit to your family. I'm sure they're very proud (ok, I'm being serious). It's a pleasure to come across a younster (sorry Kid) with your outlook.

René

Yes, sometimes online translators don't get the point across Razz Thank you Rene (I forgot how to do the thingy ontop of the e again).. and if I didn't like being called a youngster I wouldn't be calling myself 'Kid'. Very Happy

Kid.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:45 am

Brilliant Onefin!!! Especially Rule 11. Only 'cause I'm one. Gen Y always (not you obviously Kid) go on about how good they are and how they shouldn't be starting from the bottom and working their way up. Hey everyone has/had to do it. Check your egos at the door, this is a long ride.

Political correctness has gone way too far and it's not the kids fault. It's the stupid do-gooders (people my age and older) who cause this crap. They have to justify their over the top salaries. How do you measure yourself against others, how do you strive to the next level if we're all on the same playing field? Idiots, the lot of them. Competition is a good thing.

Getting of my soap box now.

René
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:48 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
Yes, sometimes online translators don't get the point across Razz Thank you Rene (I forgot how to do the thingy ontop of the e again).. and if I didn't like being called a youngster I wouldn't be calling myself 'Kid'. Very Happy

Kid.

Na, probably the wacky tabaccy!!! The problem with saying or using youngster is it makes me feel ridiculously old!!!!

René
(e ALT 130)
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:03 am

e

I can't make it work!! Do I hold the alt button down whilst pressing 130?.. Do I hold all four buttons down together? Do I have to type the e first?.. confused
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:07 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
e

I can't make it work!! Do I hold the alt button down whilst pressing 130?.. Do I hold all four buttons down together? Do I have to type the e first?.. confused

Relax Kid. Hold down the ALT button, type 130, release the ALT button and it should be there.

René
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:10 am

pony65k wrote:
Kid Setzer wrote:
e

Relax Kid. Hold down the ALT button, type 130, release the ALT button and it should be there.

René

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

EDIT: It's still not there.. Haha I am relaxed, it's just now that I have started trying I can't stop till I do it Razz
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:13 am

Love the post onefin. cheers They should send that speech out to all parents.

I have raised my kids like I was raised for the most part (didn't use a belt or hairbrush to swat them).
- Some things have to be earned.
- You don't get money for cleaning up your own room.
- What ever your job is, you do better than your best at it.
- Don't complain about the "extras" you get or they will become wants instead.
- Respect others property (I don't care if it is a shitty car, it may be the only car those people have, so don't hit it
with your door)
- Be content that you have your own room, some people dont even have a home.
- Hard work pays off, so does karma
- Say thank you for EVERYTHING - even if it is something that is expected-and be sincere about it. People don't say it enough, and you may make someone feel appreciated for once.

I hope that my children will pass on our way of raising them to their kids someday, and maybe the world will be a better place.

cat pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:14 am

Are you using a Logitech Dinovo keyboard? You can cheat and use copy and paste. Idea

Last edited by pony65k on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:23 am

pony65k wrote:
Are you using a Logitech Dinovo keyboard? You can cheat and use copy and paste. Idea

No, I'm using a wireless microsoft keyboard.. I'm going to use google, I need to know how to do the e thing.. and then I need to know how to do the dots ontop of the o... I have one of those in my (middle) name and I've never been able to type it..

Anywhoo, we've gone off topic long enough Rene (I bet it didn't work then Razz )..

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:42 am

You know, sometimes, when the rest of your country considers you to be "behind the times"... it's not always a bad thing. I'd rather die than stand up a date.

Go Sioux!
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:03 am

pony65k wrote:
Brilliant Onefin!!! Especially Rule 11. Only 'cause I'm one. Gen Y always (not you obviously Kid) go on about how good they are and how they shouldn't be starting from the bottom and working their way up. Hey everyone has/had to do it. Check your egos at the door, this is a long ride.

Political correctness has gone way too far and it's not the kids fault. It's the stupid do-gooders (people my age and older) who cause this crap. They have to justify their over the top salaries. How do you measure yourself against others, how do you strive to the next level if we're all on the same playing field? Idiots, the lot of them. Competition is a good thing.

Getting of my soap box now.

René

If you were running for office, I'd vote for you!

If you think you feel old; I feel absolutely ancient. Why I'm old enough to be your, your uh...your...mmm...big sister. Yeah, that's it, your big sister!
Back to top Go down
welshcat

welshcat

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:50 pm

onefin,

i love your rules and i cant agree more as i was brought up with these rules i have been called a grumpy old man for thinkin the same ,but hey i am still rockin respecta-billy

lol!
Back to top Go down
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:59 pm

I for one wish the conversation between Kid and this Berndt dude would go on, it had me laugh out loud! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 6:06 pm

Hellvis wrote:
I for one wish the conversation between Kid and this Berndt dude would go on, it had me laugh out loud! lol!

Oh sure, it's funny to YOU.. Razz
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 7:35 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
Hellvis wrote:

Oh sure, it's funny to YOU.. Razz

But I for one, enjoy laughing at you Kid!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s   congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s Empty

Back to top Go down

congratulations to all my friends born in the 60s,70s or 80s
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next