The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remember the Gretsch double cut-away question?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

Remember the Gretsch double cut-away question? Empty
PostSubject: Remember the Gretsch double cut-away question?   Remember the Gretsch double cut-away question? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 6:05 pm

Remember when we talked about that double cut-away Gretsch that was featured in that cool avatar? Well....I spoke with Brian and he seems to remember that he may have played that guitar and subsequently bought it from it's owner (Tommy Byrnes) and then may have given it to the Hard Rock Cafe. The memories are a bit fuzzy, but the only time Brian recalls playing a guitar like that onstage was during the Stray Cats' tours that included Tommy B.

Hope that clears things up. (hahaha! a little?)

-the other Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Pompado'er

Pompado'er

PostSubject: Re: Remember the Gretsch double cut-away question?   Remember the Gretsch double cut-away question? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 9:21 pm

Thanks for playing CSI for us Tommy!
Back to top Go down
welshcat

welshcat

PostSubject: Re: Remember the Gretsch double cut-away question?   Remember the Gretsch double cut-away question? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 6:45 pm

TommyM wrote:
Remember when we talked about that double cut-away Gretsch that was featured in that cool avatar? Well....I spoke with Brian and he seems to remember that he may have played that guitar and subsequently bought it from it's owner (Tommy Byrnes) and then may have given it to the Hard Rock Cafe. The memories are a bit fuzzy, but the only time Brian recalls playing a guitar like that onstage was during the Stray Cats' tours that included Tommy B.

Hope that clears things up. (hahaha! a little?)

-

t he other Tommy

thanks for the info on clearing that one up for me tommy ,so still wishing i had my multitool with me , but that would have paled in the fact that i married my soulmate at that time once again thanks tommy " great forum "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember the Gretsch double cut-away question?   Remember the Gretsch double cut-away question? Empty

Back to top Go down

Remember the Gretsch double cut-away question?
Page 1 of 1