A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StanTheMan

avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-02-07
Age : 44
Location : Columbus OH

PostSubject: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:55 am

After the show you get the chance to meet the Brian. What you say to him?

Me?

"Hi I'm Brian. I mean you're Brian. I mean I'm Stan. Ha ha, listen to me, 'you're Brian.' Like you need me to tell you're name. Ummmm, ummm.....uhhhhhhhh, so you like to play guitar eh? That's awesome. Ummm....well have a good rest of your tour. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/synagogue327
Kid Setzer

avatar

Posts : 654
Join date : 2008-02-07
Age : 28
Location : Brisbane, Australia

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:59 am

I'd open my mouth and no noise would come out.. I'd just be there with my mouth open, then he'd slowly walk away as I stood there frozen..

That, or I'd just giggle uncontrollably like a little girl Razz


Kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Pinkpiratekitty

avatar

Posts : 300
Join date : 2008-02-11
Age : 53
Location : Garden Grove, CA

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:00 am

I would probably do the same thing (except use Kathy instead of Stan), or say "you've aged well - I think you're hotter now then when you were younger" or " I love the picture of your back piece and you have leather pants on", or "Hi, I'm Pinkpiratekitty".

When I met Tommy & Budgie, I don't think I told them my real name come to think of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
pony65k

avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2008-07-13
Age : 50
Location : Adelaide, South Australia

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:04 am

I'd probably throw up on Brian's shoes I'd be that nervous. Hey Tommy, you'd better warn Brian to stay away from any green looking guys when he get's to Adelaide. Be a good way to get a pair of his shoes though Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
PICKIN' PETE

avatar

Posts : 597
Join date : 2008-02-13
Age : 48
Location : Adelaide, Australia

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:19 am

I'd ask to shake his hand, get a few autographs, take a couple of photos and hook up to grab a few bevvies later on...on me of course!!!
No seriousily I would!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
ArtVandelay

avatar

Posts : 126
Join date : 2008-04-04
Age : 25
Location : Rockabilly World

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:56 am

" Shocked "
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ledzeppelin92
pony65k

avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2008-07-13
Age : 50
Location : Adelaide, South Australia

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:23 am

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
I'd ask to shake his hand, get a few autographs, take a couple of photos and hook up to grab a few bevvies later on...on me of course!!!
No seriousily I would!!!!

Hey Pete, make sure you apologise to Brian for me as I go sprinting of with his shoes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
StanTheMan

avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-02-07
Age : 44
Location : Columbus OH

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:57 am

Pinkpiratekitty wrote:
I would probably do the same thing (except use Kathy instead of Stan),.



Hey, you can use Stan if you want.

Might be interesting to see his reaction.

"You're the perdiest Stan I ever met." He might say. clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/synagogue327
Niblos



Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:17 pm

Well at sixteen on the radiation ranch tour ('86) I asked him would sign my copy of Gonna Ball (should have brought my copy of Marty Thau 2x5 instead but was afraid it would get messed up) and could I see his jukebox tattoo on his inner right arm. He graciously obliged even though the lights in Betsy's Boathouse (Norfolk, Va) were too dark to see anything.

Afterwards his bus driver, Mad Dog, invited us to follow them back to the hotel to get a quick photo taken with Setzer (polaroid). Setzer turned around and said," You want a picture with me Daddy-o?" I believe I am still suffering from slackjaw!

What a cool, down-to-earth guy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pinkpiratekitty

avatar

Posts : 300
Join date : 2008-02-11
Age : 53
Location : Garden Grove, CA

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:04 pm

StanTheMan wrote:
Pinkpiratekitty wrote:
I would probably do the same thing (except use Kathy instead of Stan),.



Hey, you can use Stan if you want.

Might be interesting to see his reaction.

"You're the perdiest Stan I ever met." He might say. clown

LOL! Kinda the opposite of a boy named Sue Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
PICKIN' PETE

avatar

Posts : 597
Join date : 2008-02-13
Age : 48
Location : Adelaide, Australia

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:18 pm

Niblos wrote:
Well at sixteen on the radiation ranch tour ('86) I asked him would sign my copy of Gonna Ball (should have brought my copy of Marty Thau 2x5 instead but was afraid it would get messed up) and could I see his jukebox tattoo on his inner right arm. He graciously obliged even though the lights in Betsy's Boathouse (Norfolk, Va) were too dark to see anything.

Afterwards his bus driver, Mad Dog, invited us to follow them back to the hotel to get a quick photo taken with Setzer (polaroid). Setzer turned around and said," You want a picture with me Daddy-o?" I believe I am still suffering from slackjaw!

What a cool, down-to-earth guy!

The impression I got from meeting Brian was like maybe not an old friend but just like running into one of the guys you drink with at your local every week. You talk to them and have a laugh, really relaxed kinda. He was great, happy to sign stuff and take photos, no bullshit about him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
pony65k

avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2008-07-13
Age : 50
Location : Adelaide, South Australia

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:22 pm

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
The impression I got from meeting Brian was like maybe not an old friend but just like running into one of the guys you drink with at your local every week. You talk to them and have a laugh, really relaxed kinda. He was great, happy to sign stuff and take photos, no bullshit about him.

I'm definitely hanging out with you after the show Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
swinginwoody

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:47 am

A few years ago, I WAS fortunate to meet Brian after a BSO show (not Stray Cats) here in Tampa Bay, FL. After what seemed like hours of waiting for a chance to meet him, Brian emerged from the back of the venue. He graciously shook hands, posed for photos and signed countless autographs.

One dude handed him a shiney orange Gretsch. All smiles, Brian asked, "How do you like it?" The guy replied, "I don't play." The guy asked him to sign the guitar, anywhere but the pickguard. Looking somewhat bewildered, Brian uncapped his Sharpie and obliged. Wonder if that Gretsch ever ended up on eBay?

With dozens and dozens of fans approaching him, there wasn't time for chit chat. When it was finally my turn, I managed to muster up, "Great show Brian!" as he signed my ticket stub and cardboard CD sleeve. How original! I also got a quick handshake with the "Guitar Slinger" too! Too cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StanTheMan

avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-02-07
Age : 44
Location : Columbus OH

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:21 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
I'd open my mouth and no noise would come out.. I'd just be there with my mouth open, then he'd slowly walk away as I stood there frozen..

That, or I'd just giggle uncontrollably like a little girl Razz


Kid.


Just don't drool on him Kid Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/synagogue327
Summerz

avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2008-03-25
Location : Northeast coast USA

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:53 pm

Thank you, thank you and thank you Razz Razz Razz ...and um..silent...well I'm speechless which rarely happens just ask my Husband.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dillo

avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2008-08-08
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:18 pm

A couple of years ago i was in Chicago to see the BSO play their xmas show, the afternoon before the show i was comming down a crowded escalator in one of the huge shopping malls in Chicago city centre when i spot Brian walking past the end of the escalator, i went totally dumbstruck, couldnt tell my wife who i had seen, and couldnt shout his name to get his attention, when i got off the end of the escalator he had vanished into the mall, i seached like a lunatic to try to find him but the next time i saw him he was on stage at the House of blues. Thats probably the best chance of meeting him i will ever get, but i will be keeping my eyes open when he is in Dublin next month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....   

Back to top Go down
 
So you've just seen a Stray Cat's show.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Stray Dogs
» Love Is War (Stray X Lyonin RP) Volume 2
» The World
» Stray Dog Group {Pick and Play}
» Stray(All canine rp)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: CATS DISCUSSION-
Jump to: