A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Thought I'd share a couple pics of my new Gretsch!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
raveoned

PostSubject: Thought I'd share a couple pics of my new Gretsch!   Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Howdy! This is my newest Gretsch, joining my Americana acoustic, Traveling Wilburys and my crown jewel, the Tennessee Rose. This one's a Junior Jet II, brand new from Music 123. I'll get a pic later, but it also has a nifty Gretsch 125th Annie emblem on the back of the headstock!

She plays great, sounds great, and I've already diced and decaled her. Dice knobs are new from a place on ebay, and the decal is from the fine folks at the Nature's Miracle store on ebay.

Hope you like it!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a couple pics of my new Gretsch!   Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Hey Raveoned

Very cool!!! What's the sound like compared to the Hollow Body? Why is it called a Junior Jet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Pompado'er

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a couple pics of my new Gretsch!   Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:43 pm

Nice guitar! I have been thinking about adding a solid-body Gretsch to my arsenal, but I don't know how they stack up against other of the same type. Ideally I would like a Black Penguin to match my Black Falcon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raveoned

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a couple pics of my new Gretsch!   Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:51 pm

pony65k wrote:
Hey Raveoned

Very cool!!! What's the sound like compared to the Hollow Body? Why is it called a Junior Jet?

Thank for the compliments, folks!

pony, the sound is a little less warm than a hollow body (this even sounds a bit more biting than my Strat), but still has a good bit of classic twang to it.

I think they named this the Junior Jet, because its just a no-frills, not decorated, straight up Rock 'N Roll guitar, as opposed to a Jet Pro or Duo Jet, which have some binding and extras to them.

This, along with the single pickup Junior, are the lowest-priced Gretsches. But, I love it! I thought of getting it originally to have a Gretsch to take anywhere without fear (the Tenny only goes along to certain places), but I like it more than I planned it to be used for. It just feels and sounds good.

BTW, pony, besides a 1957 Chevy, a 1964 1/2 or 1965 Mustang is my favorite car ever!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a couple pics of my new Gretsch!   Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:14 pm

[quote="raveoned"BTW, pony, besides a 1957 Chevy, a 1964 1/2 or 1965 Mustang is my favorite car ever![/quote]

I'm with you on the 57 Chevys. A stunning piece of steel!!!

René
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a couple pics of my new Gretsch!   

Back to top Go down

Thought I'd share a couple pics of my new Gretsch!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1