A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aristocat

avatar

Posts : 91
Join date : 2008-02-06
Age : 47

PostSubject: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:09 pm

Did anyone watch this? Is it worth trying to track down a copy?

cat


Programme 2: Riffs 'n' Quiffs
Wednesday, 16th July 2008

"Riffs 'n' Quiffs is an entertaining and insightful half-hour documentary about people who live a 50's rockabilly lifestyle in Ireland.

1950's rockabilly music experienced a comeback in the 1980s when The Stray Cats hit the charts with "Stray Cat Strut". Since that revival the rockabilly sub-culture has been alive and well and living in Ireland.

Sean O' Sullivan, in his early 40's, has lived the life of a rockabilly in Roscrea since he was 14, at one stage sporting a 14-inch quiff! In recent years he met and married soul-mate, Tracie, the ultimate, all-American rockabilly girl who left America for life with Sean in Roscrea.

Moe (Maurice Hickey), a father of five from Sallynoggin, also embraces the rockabilly lifestyle: his spare time is spent refurbishing his 1950s American car, playing double bass with his band and spending time in his rockabilly den at the end of his garden. He swears to his kids that even when he's a grand-dad he'll still dress like a rockabilly.

Naimah Ward-Quaffi, a young student from Crumlin is drawn not only to rockabilly clothes and music but to the ideals of 1950s America. Our contributors give us an insight into a sub-culture which is still thriving in modern Ireland."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/aristocat30
DEXTER

avatar

Posts : 154
Join date : 2008-02-12
Age : 53
Location : Derry, Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:26 am

Seen it Cat,

Excellent show, great to see that the scene is taking off again, although to be truthful most of these guys have been involved for years. There is something of a resurgenece in Ireland, a handful of great rockabilly bands in Dublin and Belfast, but thats all it takes!!! It was great to hear Hot Rod Gang played through one sequence!! Heres the download.


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QR5Y0CFC
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
Aristocat

avatar

Posts : 91
Join date : 2008-02-06
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:00 am

DEXTER wrote:
Seen it Cat,

Excellent show, great to see that the scene is taking off again, although to be truthful most of these guys have been involved for years. There is something of a resurgenece in Ireland, a handful of great rockabilly bands in Dublin and Belfast, but thats all it takes!!! It was great to hear Hot Rod Gang played through one sequence!! Heres the download.


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QR5Y0CFC

Thanks for the download......

cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/aristocat30
The O'Prez

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:58 pm

I saw it too...cos I was in it Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.osullivanart.net
DEXTER

avatar

Posts : 154
Join date : 2008-02-12
Age : 53
Location : Derry, Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:34 am

U AM DA MENG!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
The O'Prez

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:41 am

DEXTER wrote:
U AM DA MENG!!!!

Yes!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.osullivanart.net
stray matt

avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2008-02-06
Age : 51
Location : scotland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:42 pm

I downloaded this file from megaupload and it will not play on my comp
nothing on my comp knows what type file it is what do I need
to play it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The O'Prez

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:46 pm

stray matt wrote:
I downloaded this file from megaupload and it will not play on my comp
nothing on my comp knows what type file it is what do I need
to play it

I uploaded that to megaupload. You'll need DivX Player to watch it. You can get it free here: http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/player/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.osullivanart.net
stray matt

avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2008-02-06
Age : 51
Location : scotland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:55 pm

Ye thanks O'PREZ nice one great stuff am now gonna
put ma feet up and watch this and am lookin out for
ya bro thanks again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The O'Prez

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:58 pm

stray matt wrote:
Ye thanks O'PREZ nice one great stuff am now gonna
put ma feet up and watch this and am lookin out for
ya bro thanks again

No problem Matt...it'll be hard to miss my fat head Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.osullivanart.net
stray matt

avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2008-02-06
Age : 51
Location : scotland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:39 pm

Sean is that you, well that was f@ckin brilliant a really enjoyed it
cheers mate good stuff superb you are a very lucky man aswell to have met
a partner who is into the livestyle aswell good on bro keep rockin tips ma glass to ya
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The O'Prez

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:48 pm

stray matt wrote:
Sean is that you, well that was f@ckin brilliant a really enjoyed it
cheers mate good stuff superb you are a very lucky man aswell to have met
a partner who is into the livestyle aswell good on bro keep rockin tips ma glass to ya

Thanx a lot Matt Very Happy We were on the radio too. Here's the links for the interviews if ya want to have an auld listen...

http://rapidshare.com/files/130608583/fanninginterview16072008.mp3

http://rapidshare.com/files/130610602/craiccast17072008.mp3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.osullivanart.net
stray matt

avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2008-02-06
Age : 51
Location : scotland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:26 pm

The O'Prez wrote:
stray matt wrote:
Sean is that you, well that was f@ckin brilliant a really enjoyed it
cheers mate good stuff superb you are a very lucky man aswell to have met
a partner who is into the livestyle aswell good on bro keep rockin tips ma glass to ya

Thanx a lot Matt Very Happy We were on the radio too. Here's the links for the interviews if ya want to have an auld listen...

http://rapidshare.com/files/130608583/fanninginterview16072008.mp3

http://rapidshare.com/files/130610602/craiccast17072008.mp3

sean thanks for that whoa good stuff very enjoyable cool as f@ck
you sir have definatley kissed the blarney stone ha ha ha ya lucky
bass !!!!!! ha ha ha to be sure to be sure!!!! good on ya what a great saterday
nite ive had ta much this is what this forum is all about cheers big man
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The O'Prez

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:39 pm

stray matt wrote:
The O'Prez wrote:
stray matt wrote:
Sean is that you, well that was f@ckin brilliant a really enjoyed it
cheers mate good stuff superb you are a very lucky man aswell to have met
a partner who is into the livestyle aswell good on bro keep rockin tips ma glass to ya

Thanx a lot Matt Very Happy We were on the radio too. Here's the links for the interviews if ya want to have an auld listen...

http://rapidshare.com/files/130608583/fanninginterview16072008.mp3

http://rapidshare.com/files/130610602/craiccast17072008.mp3

sean thanks for that whoa good stuff very enjoyable cool as f@ck
you sir have definatley kissed the blarney stone ha ha ha ya lucky
bass !!!!!! ha ha ha to be sure to be sure!!!! good on ya what a great saterday
nite ive had ta much this is what this forum is all about cheers big man

Thanx again Matt ya big charmer! We were in the Daily Mirror too...a double page spread with the headline "Aisle Shook Up" and a fanny load of other papers and magazines!! Famous for a week eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.osullivanart.net
stray matt

avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2008-02-06
Age : 51
Location : scotland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:52 pm

the car the fellas wer hot rodin in the video
I remember my dad had one of these to
when i was about 4 that would have been
1970 and we had to roll down the window to get
to the handle to open the door to ha ha ha lol
its all rock n roll man in fact there's every possabillatey
that is my dads car !!!!!!! sheeeeez ha ha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The O'Prez

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:57 pm

stray matt wrote:
the car the fellas wer hot rodin in the video
I remember my dad had one of these to
when i was about 4 that would have been
1970 and we had to roll down the window to get
to the handle to open the door to ha ha ha lol
its all rock n roll man in fact there's every possabillatey
that is my dads car !!!!!!! sheeeeez ha ha

That guy is Moe Hickey...the bass player from Dublin rockabillies Aces Wild. They played at our wedding...which we held in a haunted castle Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.osullivanart.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly   

Back to top Go down
 
Riffs and Quiffs - Documentary on Irish Rockabilly
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: GENERAL ROCKIN' COMMENTARY-
Jump to: