The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab

Go down 
+9
Ponczek007
Davy Jones
jaybird
rickabilly
WildCat
mjcodina
pony65k
JonGill
danny vee
13 posters
AuthorMessage
danny vee

Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab Empty
PostSubject: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 9:19 pm

Is there any website that contains the tab to Brian's solo songs as well as Stray Cats?
Rhythms come fairly easy to me, but the solos are...."somethin' else" !

Danny
Back to top Go down
JonGill

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 5:21 am

not any more bud Sad
Back to top Go down
danny vee

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 3:44 pm

JonGill wrote:
not any more bud Sad

Thanks.

Okay, then does anyone out there have any tabs they'd like to share? Maybe stuff figured out on your own?

Bobby's Back

is the one I'm really after.

Thanks, folks!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:07 pm

danny vee wrote:
Is there any website that contains the tab to Brian's solo songs as well as Stray Cats?
Rhythms come fairly easy to me, but the solos are...."somethin' else" !

Danny

Hey Danny.

I bought a Brian Setzer music book from Amazon which has tabs for some of his solos.

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:15 am

cathy and nicks is gone? thy had everything Sad luckily, i downloaded them all suckas. you want any?
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 9:26 am

mjcodina wrote:
cathy and nicks is gone?
Yep. Nick indicated around the end of June that it was coming down (and it did).

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
danny vee

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 10:23 am

mjcodina wrote:
cathy and nicks is gone? thy had everything Sad luckily, i downloaded them all suckas. you want any?

Why did they take their stuff down?

I'd appreciate "Bobby's Back"!!

Thanks.

Danny
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:11 pm

sadly he didnt post that song. bummer cause thats my favorite solo one. i just know the chords G, D, C, Am. I dunno, ive tried to get on their site for the past two days to see if it was still up but its not i guess. he said he was tired of doing tabs and didnt have time but would keep the ste up but i guess hes done. im soo glad ive saved the tabs though
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:33 pm

Anyone who posts tabs of other artists' work could face serious legal issues, not necessarily from the artist, but from the companies who claim some sort of publishing rights. I have no idea if Nick was hassled by anyone, but if the website sits out there long enough, it's just a matter of time before someone in a legal department tries to cause a problem. It's just too big of a liability. Then there are the hassles of spambots and other troublemakers attacking websites and the people who visit them. Keeping a website up can be a lot of work, and we were lucky to have Nikko's efforts available as long as we did. That site "left the building" sometime in early July.

And Bobby's Back was not one of the tabs available on that site.

Perhaps someone with a gifted ear (or gifted transcription software) will put that solo up in a random thread here someday.

Maybe for Good This Time-a-billy
Back to top Go down
danny vee

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 10:59 am

mjcodina wrote:
sadly he didnt post that song. bummer cause thats my favorite solo one. i just know the chords G, D, C, Am. I dunno, ive tried to get on their site for the past two days to see if it was still up but its not i guess. he said he was tired of doing tabs and didnt have time but would keep the ste up but i guess hes done. im soo glad ive saved the tabs though

Thanks for the info. KNIFE is one of my all time favourite albums, Setzer or not.
I hear the chords differently, though, but I will try what you have. I play the song as (intro/verses):

Bb, Dm, Gm, Cm, F

I've used TRANSCRIBE for solos, but it's not always 100% accurate, at least not for me!

Danny
Back to top Go down
JonGill

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 3:59 am

theres nothing illegal about what nick was doing. it was all obviously hand done by him personally he wasnt stealing from any books or anything so it's pretty legit. just a shame eh didnt keep it around

thing was a freakin gold mine
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 2:14 pm

JonGill wrote:
theres nothing illegal about what nick was doing. it was all obviously hand done by him personally he wasnt stealing from any books or anything so it's pretty legit.

I happen to share your opinion, but many a tab site operating much in the same non-profit, public service situation has been shut down after legal action was threatened. I'm not sure how the courts have ruled in this situation, but I'm guessing most tabbers don't want to encounter the legal costs to find out. I hope Nick was never harrassed in this way, and I thank him for his efforts. It was great while it lasted.

Why did the site go away? Because the owner/creator of the site deemed it so. Much like the cancellation of the Xmas tour, that may be the only "official" answer you get. The "Because I said so" argument never works with fans. Or 5-year-olds. But sometimes, it'll have to do.

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding-billy
Back to top Go down
jaybird

jaybird

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:46 am

There's still tabs up at

http://www.hoodoovoodoolounge.com/

as to how close they are to the originals is anyones guess Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/jay
danny vee

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 12:20 pm

jaybird wrote:
There's still tabs up at

http://www.hoodoovoodoolounge.com/

as to how close they are to the originals is anyones guess Cool

Fantastic! Thanks for the link!

Danny
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 3:48 pm

danny vee wrote:
mjcodina wrote:

Thanks for the info. KNIFE is one of my all time favourite albums, Setzer or not.
I hear the chords differently, though, but I will try what you have. I play the song as (intro/verses):

Bb, Dm, Gm, Cm, F

I've used TRANSCRIBE for solos, but it's not always 100% accurate, at least not for me!

Danny

I can't claim to have played this one, but I gave it a listen now, and I think I can give ye the basic progression. It's not as complicated as the BSO stuff, but it's a cool little song. I'll start a new post with the progression in the Guitar section.
Back to top Go down
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 10:24 am

I just figured out three guys I think. Theres no real guitar lick it just opens with a finger pickin E then it goes

E D B A
I Get up and the sun goes round so run down but I head into town

and the repeats with each verse and the chorus goes something like

D A E
Father son and the holy ghost, they're three guys I like the most

D A E
Everybody say a prayer each day, a word for Jesus lights the way

Then finally

A E A E
Everybody's got a secret they did, everybody's got a skeleton closet

Thats as much as I figured out, it's fun as hell to play.
Back to top Go down
green2

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 10:51 pm

hey. anyone have a tab for caravan?
Back to top Go down
Juergen58

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:09 pm

I have the caravan-tabs from nick's page. If you want I send it to you.

Jürgen
Back to top Go down
green2

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 9:25 pm

Juergen58, please do send it. that caravan tab would be so amazing. thank you. if there is any tab you want or something tell me. i have been collecting tabs for many years! I have an embarrassing amount of tab books, mags, etc.
Back to top Go down
Juergen58

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 11:07 am

Give me your emailadress and I will send it to you.
I have many tabs from nick's page, unfortunately not all. Perhaps you can help me to get all tabs.
I'm very interested in all rockabilly-basstabs

Juergen
Back to top Go down
danny vee

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 6:57 pm

Ponczek007 wrote:
I just figured out three guys I think. Theres no real guitar lick it just opens with a finger pickin E then it goes

E D B A
I Get up and the sun goes round so run down but I head into town

and the repeats with each verse and the chorus goes something like

D A E
Father son and the holy ghost, they're three guys I like the most

D A E
Everybody say a prayer each day, a word for Jesus lights the way

Then finally

A E A E
Everybody's got a secret they did, everybody's got a skeleton closet

Thats as much as I figured out, it's fun as hell to play.

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
danny vee

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 6:58 pm

Juergen58 wrote:
Give me your emailadress and I will send it to you.
I have many tabs from nick's page, unfortunately not all. Perhaps you can help me to get all tabs.
I'm very interested in all rockabilly-basstabs

Juergen

Did they have the tab for SHOTGUN BABY from the "Let's Go Faster" album?

That's such a happy-go-lucky tune!

Danny
Back to top Go down
built4speed

built4speed

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Does someone have the tab for "Glad all over" from Rockabilly Riot? I've been honing my fingerpicking and I'd like to take a stab at it.
Back to top Go down
Johnny

Johnny

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 11:11 pm

Thanks for the link study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab   Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab Empty

Back to top Go down

Setzer/ Stray Cats Tab
Page 1 of 1