The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Howdy from Germany

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JOHNNY PORSCHE

Howdy from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Howdy from Germany   Howdy from Germany EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 4:17 am

Hi, I'm from the german south, and want to say hi.

I'm heavily into Rockabilly Country Honky Tonk Blues Roots, whatever sounds.
I'm a bad guitar player, but I'm working on it. Wink

Really like our friend Brian's different kinds of music. He's one of the greatest out there. Had the chance to meet him for a beer in Munich one day. A great and nice guy. Cheers.

Baby who could really love those cars but me?!!!
Very Happy
Howdy from Germany 1206914
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

Howdy from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Germany   Howdy from Germany EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 6:35 am

Servus, wie gehts^^

Welcome to the best forum ever!!!!
Do you play in a Band?
Where are you from the south?

Greets from Munich
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://rhcp-online.de
Brand_New_Cadillac

Howdy from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Germany   Howdy from Germany EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 11:02 am

Yeah, I'm curious too as to where you're located. My mother and her family, after leaving East Germany in 1963, settled in Swabisch Gmund. Hope I didn't butcher the spelling!

But there's a long and interesting story about them leaving the east. Maybe I'll share sometime when I'm not feeling like I've had a frontal lobotomy from too much work and not enough sleep.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

Howdy from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Germany   Howdy from Germany EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 3:42 am

Schwäbisch Gmünd is near Stuttgart!!
A friend of mine has roots there!
Back to top Go down
http://rhcp-online.de
pony65k

pony65k

Howdy from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Germany   Howdy from Germany EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 7:35 pm

Hey JP.

If I haven't said it before....welcome mate Very Happy

Dude that's a great pic, love the car. Mate I can tell you I'm a worse player than you, but we'll both get better. One secret I've learnt besides practice practice practice, find a friend/mentor who's a great player. They are a great confidence booster and always happy to help (yes Pete, I'm talking about you Wink)

Have a great day.

Regards,

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

Howdy from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Germany   Howdy from Germany EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 8:30 pm

pony65k wrote:
Hey JP.

If I haven't said it before....welcome mate Very Happy

Dude that's a great pic, love the car. Mate I can tell you I'm a worse player than you, but we'll both get better. One secret I've learnt besides practice practice practice, find a friend/mentor who's a great player. They are a great confidence booster and always happy to help (yes Pete, I'm talking about you Wink)

Have a great day.

Regards,

René

How goes JOHNNY PORSCHE!
Awesome cars man!! Guitar playing should be fun!! Everybody cruises along at different rates, it won't happen overnight but it will happen. There must be a seasoned guitarist in your bunch of mates that can show a thing or two. The most valuable lesson I learnt was to be greedy and ask/find/take on board any help/info/tips/tricks that someone is willing to show ya!!
Stay cool, Pete.

Oh Rene,
Ya gonna make me blush!!
Just saw the new dvd as the footage and sound from the first one was really jumpy, gotta say some really good parts, some pretty funny and iffy parts, but overall not too bad. Definately you can hear that Salvy is having trouble with his voice and in pain at times, and I felt for him, but next gig will be the real deal. I just found it frustrating cause I know we do better! There's definately something there when we play together, and more importantely all feedback has been positive, so onwards we go!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
JOHNNY PORSCHE

Howdy from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Germany   Howdy from Germany EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 2:45 am

Brand_New_Cadillac wrote:
Yeah, I'm curious too as to where you're located. My mother and her family, after leaving East Germany in 1963, settled in Swabisch Gmund. Hope I didn't butcher the spelling!

But there's a long and interesting story about them leaving the east. Maybe I'll share sometime when I'm not feeling like I've had a frontal lobotomy from too much work and not enough sleep.

Ain't the world small! I just cruised through Schwäbisch Gmünd with my El Camino last Saturday when I went to a Hot Rod show! A good friend of mine also lives there!

Thanks and greetz for the welcome of all u guys! cheers!
Back to top Go down
Brand_New_Cadillac

Howdy from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Germany   Howdy from Germany EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 11:27 pm

JOHNNY PORSCHE wrote:
Brand_New_Cadillac wrote:

Ain't the world small! I just cruised through Schwäbisch Gmünd with my El Camino last Saturday when I went to a Hot Rod show! A good friend of mine also lives there!

Thanks and greetz for the welcome of all u guys! cheers!

My mom's family all still live around there. Haven't been there in ages though. I'd like to go back if I can ever swing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Howdy from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Germany   Howdy from Germany Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdy from Germany
Page 1 of 1