The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August

Go down 
+3
Roby & Manu Kool Kats
dillo
JOHNNY PORSCHE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JOHNNY PORSCHE

Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August Empty
PostSubject: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 4:49 am

When I heard that it will be the last tour of the cats, I started to think. I discovered the cats in '87 when I heard "Sth. wrong with my radio" on german radio. And with "Look at that Cadillac" I had a hym back when I was 13. Every day it was on my turntable!

It was quite more than just a bit, what Brian, Lee and Jim did for me, and some friends back when we were 12-16 years old. They "saved" us and a lot of others (their exciting and quality music made them word famous and helped a lot that Rockbilly did not die!) from bad music and gave us many great moments.

Not that we didn't listen to other and older Rockabilly and Country, and not that the Cats were the only band that made Rockabilly at that time.
There was sth. special about them. It wasn't just Neo Rockabilly, it was the Stray Cats! A own sound with many other musically influences.
And they were a whole lifestyle package!
Just looking for hours at those cool record covers with Harley Panheads, Hot Rods, Kustom cars, gave me a totally different feeling than any other bands/singers.

The Rant'n' Rave cover with the '31 Ford Coupe with the cats "stealing spinner hubcaps" was so cool. In the 80's and early 90's not many young people knew a lot about the 50's Hot Rod scene and history. Today it's a hype, but then this was a rare sight.
Songs like "Rev it up & go" "Hot Rod Gang" " Built For Speed" "Look At That Cadillac" hit me right between the eyes!!! I was a car guy since hour one I was born, and the 50's american car and music bug had me bitten really hard by the late 80's

When I found the cats, I knew: These guys feel like myself, and I tried my best to imitate them, with hairstyles, clothes, and coolness. Wink
You should see the old pictures... Laughing

O.K. they're gonna leave us. They did a lot for us. What could we do, as a Farewell gift to them?

What better could we do, than do a car show with our own and other Rods and Kustoms in front of the venue in Munich as our way to say:

THANK U CATS! For too many things to list!

That's what we'll do! Starting at noon, with some of the best oldsyle Rods and Kustoms here from the german south. Some real cool rides are already registrated.

Everyone is welcome to have a cold one, and have a little pre concert party.

It's kind of a LAST MINUTE ACTION, but I had to wait for the O.K. of the venue and tour manager. And of course I'm not always the fastest when it comes to good ideas. Laughing But it still well be a good one!

Hope the cats will have time to check it out. Cheers my friends. Can't wait to be there! cheers cheers

Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1206370
Back to top Go down
dillo

dillo

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:53 pm

Great idea, wish this could happen in Dublin too, but the venue is a city centre club with no carpark, plus my wagon is off the road at the moment, Anyone got an exhaust manifold for a consul going spare?
Back to top Go down
Roby & Manu Kool Kats

Roby & Manu Kool Kats

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:34 am

Hey, fantastic idea!!
We have the tickets for the show in Zurich, Switzerland, but we can buy anothers and come also in Munich. Our car is a '59 Chevy mild custom. We have to register the car or the parking is free?
Manu
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/robycrazycruiser
JOHNNY PORSCHE

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 am

Roby & Manu Kool Kats wrote:
Hey, fantastic idea!!
We have the tickets for the show in Zurich, Switzerland, but we can buy anothers and come also in Munich. Our car is a '59 Chevy mild custom. We have to register the car or the parking is free?
Manu

Hi there! The parking is free! But the space is a bit limited. About 50 cars or so. At the moment I have planned in about 20, so if u say u'll come, A place for u'r Batwing is OF COURSE reserved!!!

Would be glad if u come! cheers

I will have my '59 El Kamino "Hillbilly De Luxe" there as well!

For any questions u and other people can also call me under 0049 171 90 86 731

Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1210928
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 11:28 am

OMG I love El Caminos!!!
It sucks that I can't go to the concert...
Back to top Go down
http://rhcp-online.de
Roby & Manu Kool Kats

Roby & Manu Kool Kats

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 4:09 pm

Thanks for your number, we are organizing our weekend.

Ciao and see you
Roby & Manu

P.S. We like your car, I need one to carry my bike...
Back to top Go down
JOHNNY PORSCHE

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 3:01 am

Cool! I will reserve a space for u'r cool Chevy!

And of course it should have read 1 PM on the flyer not am! I am an idiot! Rolling Eyes geek

The beer stand opens at 2 pm so it's enough when u come then! Wink
Back to top Go down
JOHNNY PORSCHE

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 6:00 pm

So it's over! Great concert, and nice little car show we had. About 35-40 cool rides were there. Not too many, but it was a relaxed day with a great Stray Cats performance in the eveninig!
The only sad thing is, that my buddy crashed his '69 Road Runner on the way to the Mc Donalds.
500hp is maybe a little hard to handle. Nobody was hurt thank to god!

Here's some early pictures that a friend made and put in our Hot Rod forum. Mine are not online yet, but will come.

Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248083
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248085
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248087
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248090
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248093
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248096
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248097
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248098
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248099
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248100
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248110
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248111
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248112
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248113
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248114
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248115
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1248116
Back to top Go down
JOHNNY PORSCHE

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 6:33 pm

And a few of mine... more to come these dayz.

Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249070
Trucks and Trailers...
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249072
Hang out.
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249077
Stray Dog Wauzi
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249082
Kesha the singing and dancin' hillbilly pinstriper!
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249084
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249092
Motosickle
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249094
Okinol...
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249096
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249101
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249102
Battle Cruiser
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249103
Roadkiller
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249105
Moonshiner Karre
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249106
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249113
Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August 1249114
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 7:30 pm

Brilliant Pics. You guys must have had a blast!! Thanks for sharing.

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:21 pm

Cheers John
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
Roby & Manu Kool Kats

Roby & Manu Kool Kats

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 11:23 am

Ciao everybody, we'd like to thanks Johnny very much for his friendly assistance (sorry, we arrived later!!, but no one knows where was this place and we had only the google informations...).

Our impression was that the car show was very nice with a lot of different cars in type and styles.

We saw the Stray Cats for the second time: saturday we were in Zurich and it was a fantastic evening, but we were a little disappointed when we saw them left the Volkshaus in a hurry, seems like they be afraid of the fans. Everybody had a record, or the ticket for autograph.
We saw the same in Munich. Our daughter Corinna (6 years old) wanted to see Brian and shake his hand but the security man says "They don't want it". We hope that this is not what they thinked about their fans: everytime we saw them it wasn't like this way. We have records, pictures and tickets autographed by them. Maybe, they feel tired.

Finally, we hope to see them again!!!

Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August Stray_10
Back to top Go down
Rebelline

Rebelline

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 2:05 pm

Hi Kool Kats Roby & Manu,

too bad I missed the gig in Munich,
because I was stuck in a traffic jam on the way to Rimini train station
and didn´t catch my train to Munich.

Unfortunately I saw now Cats at the traffic jam,
to ask for a lift to the next Gig Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rebeline
JOHNNY PORSCHE

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 4:13 am

Roby & Manu Kool Kats wrote:
Ciao everybody, we'd like to thanks Johnny very much for his friendly assistance (sorry, we arrived later!!, but no one knows where was this place and we had only the google informations...).

Our impression was that the car show was very nice with a lot of different cars in type and styles.

We saw the Stray Cats for the second time: saturday we were in Zurich and it was a fantastic evening, but we were a little disappointed when we saw them left the Volkshaus in a hurry, seems like they be afraid of the fans. Everybody had a record, or the ticket for autograph.
We saw the same in Munich. Our daughter Corinna (6 years old) wanted to see Brian and shake his hand but the security man says "They don't want it". We hope that this is not what they thinked about their fans: everytime we saw them it wasn't like this way. We have records, pictures and tickets autographed by them. Maybe, they feel tired.

Finally, we hope to see them again!!!

Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August Stray_10

Hi little family.

U'r welcome! I'm glad u came, and I could help u with the tickets.
Yeah, those Cats are getting old. Wink

Maybe they were exhausted, and had a tight time scedule but for a Farewell tour, I'd also expected a little more than this...

Have a good time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August   Stray Cats HOT ROD  Show Munich 24th August Empty

Back to top Go down

Stray Cats HOT ROD Show Munich 24th August
Page 1 of 1