A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Amsterdam Paridiso anyone want to meet up for a few beers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dazz65

avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2008-08-13
Age : 52
Location : Liverpool, UK

PostSubject: Amsterdam Paridiso anyone want to meet up for a few beers   Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:39 pm

Hello everyone
Me and a bud are traveling from Liverpool UK to catch the Paridiso gig as it has to be one of best European venues.

Anyone fancy meeting up for a beer before and whats the best rockin bar to hang out in?

See you all on the 25th.

Dazz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dazz65

avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2008-08-13
Age : 52
Location : Liverpool, UK

PostSubject: Amsterdam show   Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:19 pm

Cool! Already meeting up with first person who is coming from Canada and she is traveling from Paris that morning by train to see them. Now thats dedication!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JOHNNY PORSCHE



Posts : 14
Join date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Amsterdam Paridiso anyone want to meet up for a few beers   Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:43 pm

Paradiso is cool! I've seen DWIGHT YOAKAM there a couple of years ago. Crazy Place!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fluke

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Amsterdam Paridiso anyone want to meet up for a few beers   Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:05 pm

I will absolutely be there but have to work so I have no idea when I wil arrive. I don't know if paradiso is one of the best venues of europa but it's definately superb! A great rock pub around there? I would say drink a pint of guinness on leidscheplein? (it's at the end of the street paradiso lies on..) It's not my cup of tea but realy close to paradiso is the hard rock cafe.. I would go for that pint though.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dazz65

avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2008-08-13
Age : 52
Location : Liverpool, UK

PostSubject: Re: Amsterdam Paridiso anyone want to meet up for a few beers   Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:24 am

JOHNNY PORSCHE wrote:
Paradiso is cool! I've seen DWIGHT YOAKAM there a couple of years ago. Crazy Place!

it a a great venue, ok not so great if your downstairs at the back but go ut to one of the balcony's and your almost over the stage.

You making the paridiso gig?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dazz65

avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2008-08-13
Age : 52
Location : Liverpool, UK

PostSubject: Re: Amsterdam Paridiso anyone want to meet up for a few beers   Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:27 am

Fluke wrote:
I will absolutely be there but have to work so I have no idea when I wil arrive. I don't know if paradiso is one of the best venues of europa but it's definately superb! A great rock pub around there? I would say drink a pint of guinness on leidscheplein? (it's at the end of the street paradiso lies on..) It's not my cup of tea but realy close to paradiso is the hard rock cafe.. I would go for that pint though.. Smile

Cool, good to have you on board mate. Your right about the meeting around the Leidesplein, it may not be great but it is close.

So what do you reckon are some of the best venue around and who did you see there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JOHNNY PORSCHE



Posts : 14
Join date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Amsterdam Paridiso anyone want to meet up for a few beers   Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:45 am

dazz65 wrote:
JOHNNY PORSCHE wrote:
Paradiso is cool! I've seen DWIGHT YOAKAM there a couple of years ago. Crazy Place!

it a a great venue, ok not so great if your downstairs at the back but go ut to one of the balcony's and your almost over the stage.

You making the paridiso gig?

No, that is too far for me... They play also near my hometown in Munich.
I just traveled to Amsterdam to see Dwight. He never played over here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fluke

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Amsterdam Paridiso anyone want to meet up for a few beers   Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:57 pm

dazz65 wrote:


So what do you reckon are some of the best venue around and who did you see there?

In the Netherlands paradiso is the best venue to see bands you won't see in such an intimate place. I saw BSO, Stray cats twice, Willy Nelson, Jerry lee, Robert Gordon. I really love the brixton acadamy for the bigger concerts. It's as big (I think) as Heineken music hall but much nicer. Saw the cats there and the pogues at their first reunie.. 013 in tilburg is a great hall as well. It's a place where Brian will play when he's not with the cats or the orchestra. The programming there is really great. I've never been to a liverpudlian venue though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Amsterdam Paridiso anyone want to meet up for a few beers   

Back to top Go down
 
Amsterdam Paridiso anyone want to meet up for a few beers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Hi.. Nice to meet all of you..
» Merry meet everyone
» Meet The Parents OC's: Helena Porter
» Hello, nice to meet you!
» An unexpected meet up

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION (GENERAL)-
Jump to: