The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7

Go down 
+3
Twenty Flight Rick
Ponczek007
thewonderpuppy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
thewonderpuppy

New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7 Empty
PostSubject: New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7   New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 10:04 am

According to the Music Tap Page and confirmed by poking around Amazon, the BSO is currently slated for two "Best of" Christmas collections on October 7th. One is called "THe Ultimate Christmas Collection" and the other is called "Christmas Rocks". The former is a more expensive piece...perhaps an import?

Tommy do you have any info on this? Can we expect any rare or unreleased items? And why two titles? Music Tap only listed the latter title in it's update, so maybe a mistake?

Rob
Back to top Go down
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7   New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 10:10 am

Probably a nice little re-package for the holiday season. I wonder if they'll throw in something to tempt people like me. Cause gosh darnit when they re-released the target boogie woogie christmas with the extra tracks I bought it again. I'd rather just wait and be surprised, that is what christmas is all about isn't it.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7   New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 2:00 pm

If this is official, then I'm sure Tommy will let us know.
Back to top Go down
thewonderpuppy

PostSubject: Re: New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7   New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 7:43 pm

oh it's official. Critical question should be whether it is authorized by BS himself, or just a CON-tractual obligation
Back to top Go down
stray matt

stray matt

PostSubject: Re: New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7   New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 8:37 pm

thewonderpuppy wrote:
oh it's official. Critical question should be whether it is authorized by BS himself, or just a CON-tractual obligation

this is probley just the record companys tryin to make an extra 2 bob again
that is fare enough ok us the fans are in a win win win situation but what does
brian and the BSO get out of it ???? mmmm eh
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7   New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 3:09 am

stray matt wrote:

this is probley just the record companys tryin to make an extra 2 bob again
that is fare enough ok us the fans are in a win win win situation but what does
brian and the BSO get out of it ???? mmmm eh

Weren't the Christmas albums released by Surfdog?

I can't remember exactly, but I thought it might have been Boogie Woogie Christmas was released on a different label, then re-released on Surfdog?

I don't work well with details.

It will be interesting to see who it is that is releasing these albums. I am greatly anticipating to hear from a confirmal/denial from TOMMY, just so I can figure out how much more money I have to save up... Smile

-bk
Back to top Go down
http://www.mywedding.com/bkandjenny
thewonderpuppy

PostSubject: Re: New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7   New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Weren't the Christmas albums released by Surfdog?

Yes they were.

It will be interesting to see who it is that is releasing these albums. I am greatly anticipating to hear from a confirmal/denial from TOMMY, just so I can figure out how much more money I have to save up... Smile

-bk[/quote]

Surgdog is responsiblefor both of these releases (and we all know how accurate they can be sometimes).
I am hoping Brian and the boys get something out of this. Brian seems to do a lot with the surfdog label, so I hope that translates well for him
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7   New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Last year, Amazon was given permission to issue an mp3 compilation of BSO Christmas tracks that included Take a Break, Guys. And it's not uncommon these days to re-package and reassemble Christmas collections every couple of years. There's plenty of Elvis and Sinatra holiday re-hashes out there.

When Surfdog and Brian feel it's appropriate to promote their Christmas product, we'll get all the details. There's a Stray Cats tour on right now, and I'm sure the focus is on that.

It would be cool to see a Christmas album comprised of bonus tracks, Jingle All the Way tracks, and Take a Break, Guys. Perhaps there will be an unreleased track or two in the can, like we had with Sexy, Sexy, Scatman Jack and El Diablo on the Japanese best of collection.

Kringle-billy
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7   New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 6:25 pm

I just saw this thread. I'll look into it and see what's what.
-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7   New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 6:52 pm

Yeah, there's some truth in that info you heard. Look for an official announcement VERY soon.
Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7   New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 7:50 pm

So, does this mean that my idea of a 10th Anniversary Edition of Dirty Boogie has been shelved? You know, then one with the remastered cd and live dvd content?

Rick Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7   New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Setzer "Best Of" - October 7
Page 1 of 1