The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog.......

Go down 
+4
Gloria
pony65k
FrenchyCat
Aristocat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Aristocat

Aristocat

Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog....... Empty
PostSubject: Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog.......   Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog....... EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 12:49 pm

Lee will be blogging from the tour. If you sign up with your email address on the news page on www.leerocker.com you'll receive updates automatically.

For those of you that missed today's installment, here it is:

Greetings!
Well I am in Spain now after a bumpy and sleepless flight fron LA to London and the on to Bilbao, Spain. We just finished 2 days of rehearsals, and I got to say the band has never sounded better. We have a couple of new songs that were trying, as well as bringing back a couple of classic songs we haven't done in years. It looks like "Cry Baby" and Lust and Love" will be on the set list as well as a couple of songs that we never have played before. It's the night before the first concert and I'm having a hard time adjusting to the 9-hour time change from California to Spain. The three of us are charged up and ready to go and I feel like I'm about to be shot out of a cannon. There's a lot of stuff that Brian, Jim and I are talking about that I can't yet mention but I can say that I'm gonna try and write this blog as often as I can and keep you all up to date. -- Lee

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aristocat30
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog.......   Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog....... EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 3:16 pm

It's a very good and modern idea!!
Thanks for the info

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog.......   Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog....... EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Lust N Love!!!!! New stuff they've never played!!!! Stuff they can't mention yet!!!!!! Oh man, this tour is going to be the best, bring it on!!!!!!!!!

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog.......   Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog....... EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 am

This blog idea was great! Here's what I found today on a bulletin on my myspace page (which I think is also on Lee's website, under the "news" section):

Aug 19, 2008 7:20 AM
Subject: Notes From Spain
Body: Notes From the Road

It’s August 19 and we’re in San Pedro del Pinitar, Spain. The opening show of the tour in Bilbao was fantastic, with a great crowd at an indoor venue. The sound is always a little bit tighter and better indoors. We did a really strong show and then came back out and did an encore of "I Fought the Law" and "C'mon Everybody." We went back to the dressing rooms and the audience just kept on screaming, and after about 10 minutes, Brian, Jim and I figured we’ve got to give them more. We went back out and played "Baby Blue Eyes," and then finished with "Please Don't Touch."

The passion and energy from that crowd was unbelievable; what a great start to the tour.

On August 17, I hit the rails and headed up to Zaragoza. The gig was that night at a huge outdoor place connected with the European expo. We had about 7,000 rockers in the crowd so it went off! Security surrounding the expo was tight. As a mater of fact it was easier getting into the country than the venue. My fingers are a bit bloody from playing so hard on these first two concerts and I'm glad I got a "recovery" day to give it a chance to heal.

Yesterday, August 18, Jim and I trained it to the south of Spain and got a call from the band manager that the next day’s show has been moved to a different venue due to electrical problems. It seems that someone was electrocuted setting up the stage. We heard the guy will recover but the venue has been condemned/closed and locked up by the city. I hope that he will be alright. The concert will go on in the new place a few miles down the road on Tuesday, August 19. I'll write again in a couple of days. It’s good to have the Stray Cats out prowling Europe again.

Lee Rocker
Back to top Go down
StanTheMan

StanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog.......   Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog....... EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:42 pm

Wow! 7,000 Rockers in the crowd. Didn't know he had so many relatives in Spain.

Seriously, I'm happy for the Cat's to have such a huge following over there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/synagogue327
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog.......   Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog....... EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 1:21 pm

Hey 'yall....
I just spoke to Lee. I'll be putting a link on the main page of StrayCats.com that will wisk you to Lee's page where you can find his blogs. Gotta say....Lee is one excited slapper! The Cats seem to be having the best time they've had in years. Ahhhh yes.....very exciting times in the Cat Zone.

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

PostSubject: Re: Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog.......   Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog....... EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Good news for us Uk cats.
A spainish warm up.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Frenchyfab

PostSubject: Re: Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog.......   Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog....... EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 12:00 pm

That is so generous to share the Tour life with us
I got something wrong with my Mailbox cause i have received only one, so I'll check Lee's page Wink
sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog.......   Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog....... Empty

Back to top Go down

Lee's Stray Cats Tour Blog.......
Page 1 of 1