The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Budget Amp

Go down 
+2
Vinny
rockinMD
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rockinMD

rockinMD

Budget Amp Empty
PostSubject: Budget Amp   Budget Amp EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 9:21 pm

hey guys, just wanted to know...is the fender frontman 212 worth it? I dont have a vast knowledge on amps, ive owned a peavey and a johnson amplification amp all because they had tones of effects and gadgets. Now all I have is a line 6 computer program hooked up to a yamaha bass amp. ridiculous and it truley sucks!!! I tried out the frontman and it was great but again, i have no experience on amps. since its only about $300 and i was thinking of adding a boss re-20 space echo pedal for that classic rockabilly sound any help will be great!
Back to top Go down
Vinny

Vinny

Budget Amp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget Amp   Budget Amp EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 9:26 pm

Fender is a fine amp, but i have also found that many amps like Vox and Line 6 that have all of the effects that you tone port has are better deals. There is a 75 watt Line 6 spider for $290 and a good sized Vox runs about the same. I have had a frontman, and its got a great clean channel, but the overdrive has a lot to be desired.
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

Budget Amp Empty
PostSubject: Budget Amps   Budget Amp EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 4:57 pm

In my opinion, the effects that are built into the amps kill your tone. In my experience, I find that amps with no effects built in are better and just get the pedal(s) that gives the effect you want. For a solid state amp, the 212 is nice and reliable foe the price
Back to top Go down
rockinMD

rockinMD

Budget Amp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget Amp   Budget Amp EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 2:25 am

Thanks guys, lots of help....i tried out the 212 and it was preety cool lookin...gives it that vintage look. the clean channel was great loud and smooth. the high gain channel was alright...but needed a warmer sound like a tube does. this amp was good, but for cheaper price I tried out a fender pro champ tube. yes tube! and ohhh baby was that a sweet little thing. also loved the fact that the speaker is connected by a cable which can be switched to a cab if desired. really nice amp and outstanding for the price.
This one looks more to my favor.....also loved the VOX valvetronix series.
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

Budget Amp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget Amp   Budget Amp EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 6:01 am

what a about an used tube-amp?
maybe peavey delta blues or this new valveking.
for rockabilly /rock`n Roll-sound you need a tube amp and an echo...

greetings

Last edited by brett on Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
zimmtv

zimmtv

Budget Amp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget Amp   Budget Amp EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 1:31 pm

I have the Peavey Delta Blues 210...It is a wonderful amp. 30 watts that love single coil pickups, and loud as hell. I have not used the Delta Blues 15, but I hear its a great choice too...
Back to top Go down
http://zimmtv.com
Danny_Wilde

Danny_Wilde

Budget Amp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget Amp   Budget Amp EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 3:03 pm

I have a Peavey Delta Blues 1x15" from 1999. I only use the clean channel and reverb/tremolo.

The Delta Blues is a great amp for Rockabilly.
The tone is warm and smooth but differs a little bit from a Fender amp(Deluxe Reverb for example).
The Fender produces more highs and the tone is more direct than the peavey imho.
(to be honest the Fender has a rectifier tube in it and two 6V6 power tubes instead of four EL84s and a 12" speaker.)
I´ve bought the peavey because of its 15" speaker and his fabulous tremolo.
It is a well built amp and easy to handle.

Rock on! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/tommi75
rockinMD

rockinMD

Budget Amp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget Amp   Budget Amp EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 8:04 pm

Thanks Guys ill, be checking out the peavey next before i commit to anything....as far as used, i havnt seen anything that i liked at the local shop.
Rockabilly on!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Budget Amp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget Amp   Budget Amp Empty

Back to top Go down

Budget Amp
Page 1 of 1