A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

As Long As I'm Singin' Song Transcription

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Davy Jones

PostSubject: As Long As I'm Singin' Song Transcription   Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:23 pm

Ahoy, Mateys! This be another song transcription.

This time, it's As Long As I'm Singin' (Dirty Boogie album version). As I did before for Buzz Buzz and My Baby Only Cares for Me, I'll post the link to the .pdf file below. Be forewarned, the song goes by quickly but the transcription does not. With a total of 24 pages for vocals, acoustic, and electric guitars, it took awhile. I'll also include the link to a previous discussion of this song from months earlier in the forum.

As Long As I'm Singin' Song Transcription.pdf

Earlier ALAIS post discussion

Performance Notes

The song is an AABA jazz standard with modifications in the key of Bb. Rhythms are mainly Freddie Green style 3-note jazz chords. Solos are fast and challenging, and feature some classic runs. In particular, the main solo includes everything from single notes to octaves to block chords, sort of the same repertoire that Wes Montgomery used.

Ok, that's all the analysis for now. Again feel free to post any questions, comments, corrections, etc.

Capt. Jones

P.S. Hollywood Nocturne isn't quite finished yet. Probably a couple of days to another week and then I'll put that one up as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stray matt

PostSubject: Re: As Long As I'm Singin' Song Transcription   Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:45 pm

thanks again davy keep em comin ahoe!!! there capt shiver me timbers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: As Long As I'm Singin' Song Transcription   Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:14 pm

Hollywood nocturne way to go man! I love that someone is tackling the difficult ones! I'm eternally grateful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As Long As I'm Singin' Song Transcription   

Back to top Go down

As Long As I'm Singin' Song Transcription
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1